February 21, 2014 - 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Wonder - Itinerary B

Just booked this cruise 2 days ago and so excited! I'll be sailing with my DH and two kids, son, 12 and daughter will turn 8 the day we sail! We're coming down from Massachusetts 2 or 3 days early hoping to avoid any snowstorms. I can't wait!
Hi! We are coming down from MA too. Southcoast. Flying into FLL the day before & taking a shuttle to Miami Holiday Inn.

Wow! Can you believe were just about at the 4 month mark! Our PIF date is only a little more than a month away!

Has anyone started planning excursions yet?

I was just looking tonight, but I've known what I want to do for awhile. In Cayman, my family and I are planning (or at least I'm trying to heavily persuade them to) do the Dolphin Encounter/Turtle Farm excursion (Which, price-wise, looks to be a bargain!), and then in Cozumel, there's an adults only Cozumel Highlights and Mayan Ruins tour that sounds fun. :beach:

Today at a family gathering, we were talking about it, and one of my cousins asked how much longer until be go, and I just blurted out "130 days!" My uncle, who is also going on the trip, just gave me a huge wicked grin. pirate:

I've been looking, but all we know for sure is a dolphin encounter, probably in Cozumel. Still can't decide about GC. Maybe a tour that combines some beach time?

I can't believe how few folks are still on this thread. Last cruise we did, we had about 50 folks that were very active. Maybe it means the ship will be empty? :) Here's hoping for some pixie dust!

How many are in so far for the FE? How does everyone feel about a sign up deadline, so that everyone has time to prepare?

I'm joining in and just sent a Facebook group request. This will be the 2nd part of a back-to-back for my Mom (60 something) and me (40 something). We have a friend and her Mom joining us for the first cruise, but will be on our own for this one. Any other adult women traveler groups here?

Hello,

We are excited to take our 3 girls on a Disney Cruise in February. We have lots of questions about good excursions and whether to fly down the night before the cruise or go in the morning on the day we board. Any advice???

Definitely night before. I wouldn't chance it. Especially in Feb (snow delay, etc). We've done Cozumel & GC before on the Fantasy. Not my favorite itinerary (love the Eastern), but we did both islands on our own. Grand Cayman, we took a taxi to Calico Jacks on 7 mile beach. Then had lunch @ Margaritaville. Which is cool for the kids too. There's a water slide & pool. In Cozumel, we booked Nachi Cocom. All inclusive, food, beach, pool with swim up bar for about $40/each.

Hi all, just booked this one and the 4 night bahamian after this one. I will be on board with my son (4) nephew (13) and my dad. Did this b2b out of miami last year and it was great.

We are doing the b2b also, with my sons 13 and 16, really looking forward to it.

Definitely fly down the day before! Especially if coming from a colder weather climate, there's no guarantees these days that your flight won't have delays that cause you to miss the ship!

The only way they hold the ship at all is if you're on a flight booked through Disney when you book the cruise.

It's well worth the extra $$ to have peace of mind!

Hi All: We will likely be booking this onboard when we sail on the Fantasy in 8 days so we can finally complete the Grand Slam and celebrate a belated Valentine's Day where it's warm (from NJ).

DH (44), DW (45)

Been reading up on the Miami situation and it seems most people recommend, if not purchasing air through DCL, to fly in the night before into Ft. Lauderdale, and avoid Miami International at all costs.

Hotels will be pricier than Port Canaveral and the Hyatt at MCO, especially with it being peak season, but some deals can still be found. However, we are likely going to be looking for short-term vacation rentals around the Ft. Lauderdale area the day before and a day or two after.

Cheers!

We booked Holiday Inn POM. I guess it's right across from the port. $170/night with AAA. My friend is a Federal Employee & got it for $160 & includes breakfast. :)

Been reading up on the Miami situation and it seems most people recommend, if not purchasing air through DCL, to fly in the night before into Ft. Lauderdale, and avoid Miami International at all costs.

Just curious on why you say that? i've not heard bad about Miami airport?

Just curious on why you say that? i've not heard bad about Miami airport?

There's been a number of posts here on the DISboards mentioning that it's much smoother flying into FLL for a Miami cruise. I've also heard horror stories from people, especially with connection flights that it can be a nightmare.

And evidently the Coup De Gras is if you are connecting with an International flight (not that it applies here though, but speaks to its efficiency issues for a major International hub).

Hi there we are Cruising on the 21st of February 2014. We are a family of 4 from Canada. This is our 3rd Disney Cruise. We would like to participate in the fish Extender Program. We unfortunately don't know enough about this. My Sister in-law got us a fish extender form Christmas last year & we would love to Participate in this on the upcoming cruise. We are staying in room 2114. Please someone let us know how to do this! Thanks:)

I put in a facebook request to join as we are wanting to participate in the fish extenders too!

We are definitely in for fish extenders. We are total newbies though so please let us know as we go along how this works. Thanks

My apologies, I am still very new to this site, lots to try to figure out. If you set a deadline that is fine by me!

My Wife, son and I will be going on this, our second Disney cruise. We had so much fun last year we just had to do it again. The whole experience was fantastic. My son is 4 and is very excited about the trip and looks forward to making some friends. Also, we are interested in learning more about the Fish extender program. We will be traveling form Atlanta on the 20th and staying at the Embassy Suites near the airport. :thumbsup2

There's been a number of posts here on the DISboards mentioning that it's much smoother flying into FLL for a Miami cruise. I've also heard horror stories from people, especially with connection flights that it can be a nightmare.

And evidently the Coup De Gras is if you are connecting with an International flight (not that it applies here though, but speaks to its efficiency issues for a major International hub).

We have a direct flight in and back, so fingers crossed! :thumbsup2

I'm getting really excited. My 5 year old asks everyday how many days until the Disney cruise ship. I get to check in on the 8th and start booking activities. I really want to do Xel Ha in Cozumel but I'm understanding it is already full? Also, I'm a newbie to Disney cruises, is there a princess tea party on board but you wait to get tickets once on the boat? My husband and I want to do spa time. Well I told him we were doing spa time together and he said whatever you tell me to do I'm doing. We have no plans to try Palo this go round. We will be booking an Alaskan cruise for June 2015 while inboard this cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter