• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***** February 2022 Thread *****

Hi there... catching up on this thread (and several others too!). My wife and I will be celebrating our 10th legal wedding anniversary (and 18th "illegal" ceremony, and 27 years since we first got together) at the Boardwalk Inn from Feb 2nd through to the 8th. I'm really looking forward to being in the Epcot area - we did a split stay at POFQ and GF for my birthday in March a couple of years back, but haven't been since then. Our plans are to spend good chunks of two days hanging out in Batuu, and most of the rest of the time at Epcot.

I also got the joy of the Space220 Lounge alerts hitting a few days ago, so we have a lunch reservation there. I also managed to score Homecomin' one night, which has been on my "really really want to do" list for a while. Plus we will be doing California Grill with a 6pm dining reservation and hopefully timing it right so that we can watch the fireworks from up there.

I'm occupying my time until then by adding to the packing list, planning Disneybounds/Batuu bounds for us both, making thank you cards for cast members, and avidly reading every discussion board and Facebook group that I can find! Glad to be part of this group - and I think that there's some other Boardwalk folks here too!

Our trips overlap. My husband and I will be there the 1st-6th with our first park day being the 2nd. He isn't a big Star Wars fan but I think even he will be impressed with Galaxy's Edge and the rides there. The last time he was there it wasn't opened yet. I went march 2021 with my sisters, nieces and daughter so I've gotten to experience it but I am curious what he will think.

Sigh... Hubby woke up unable to bend or put weight on his knee. No idea was happened. Hopefully nothing major and that he improves fast but Monday is the latest we can cancel his plane ticket for a full refund/credit. So I may end up on my first ever solo Disney trip. My sister lives a few hours away and may pop down for a 1-2 days so I could have some company.

Kinda nervous... it might be nice to "get up and go" on my on time but I feel so awkward about dining in restaurants by myself. LOL

Oh no! I hope it feels better soon and he can join you.

Hopefully he feels better soon but as someone who traveled a lot for work and has done a couple solo disney trips i think you will be fine alone and have a great time if it comes to that. Eating alone can be very relaxing and enjoyable even though it sounds boring and this is coming from someone with diagnosed ADD lol.

My husband hates eating alone and he had to go to Ohio for a few weeks for some training on a machine and so he was alone most of the time (minus the weekend me and the kids went up to visit) and it was a huge accomplishment for him to go into a restaurant and eat alone. The first time he did that he called me and said I would never believe what he just did. I was really impressed. Me, I've never minded eating alone. It's actually rather peaceful to me LOL

Disney changed the hours of Mk and Ak 2/4-2/5 weekend. Excited for the emhs at Mk on the 4th with Mk being open til 11pm😍

Woohoo! I guess I need to make sure we are packed up for the most part before heading to MK on Saturday the 5th so we can close the park down and get that last hour in the parks to end our trip. We will be exhausted the next day since we will head to the airport around 7:30ish but it will be worth it since it may be a while before we get back to Disney.

So last week I moved our end of January trip to 2/11-2/15 in hopes of the Omicron surge winding down a little by then. I did some research about special events in Disney and didn't come up with anything, but just found out by chance in another thread that the national high school cheerleading competition is that weekend. Does anyone know if the kids spend a lot of time in the parks during this particular competition? Are they pretty busy with their events during the days? We're staying at Wilderness Lodge so I'm not worried about resorts.

So last week I moved our end of January trip to 2/11-2/15 in hopes of the Omicron surge winding down a little by then. I did some research about special events in Disney and didn't come up with anything, but just found out by chance in another thread that the national high school cheerleading competition is that weekend. Does anyone know if the kids spend a lot of time in the parks during this particular competition? Are they pretty busy with their events during the days? We're staying at Wilderness Lodge so I'm not worried about resorts.
We have been at Disney during the competitions and we have seen them at MK at night. They tend to travel in groups and go on rides together. As long as you don't get behind them in line for a ride you are fine. ;) But they are mostly busy at their competitions and you may not see them at all in the parks.

Aw, so glad they could change things and you still get to go to Disney. YAY to being there on your birthday. How is your son? I hope it's a mild case.
Thank you for asking. End up with just a mild case. Tired and little bit of a temperature. Back to school on Tuesday!

I just paid off our room at the BC and I’m so happy!! We will be heading down there 3 weeks from today so it’s full speed ahead 🥳 with a small one day trip to have dinner with my BF’s sister at Biergarten for the first time on the 27th! (I told BF we are there for dinner and dinner only since we will be going back for our week long vaycay the following week) I don’t wanna spoil too much of the magic haha

Thank you for asking. End up with just a mild case. Tired and little bit of a temperature. Back to school on Tuesday!

So glad. My son got it back in 2020 and I would have sworn his was just a sinus infection. I almost didn't even take him to be tested. If I hadn't we would have never even known because his was so mild.

I just paid off our room at the BC and I’m so happy!! We will be heading down there 3 weeks from today so it’s full speed ahead 🥳 with a small one day trip to have dinner with my BF’s sister at Biergarten for the first time on the 27th! (I told BF we are there for dinner and dinner only since we will be going back for our week long vaycay the following week) I don’t wanna spoil too much of the magic haha

So close now! It would be so hard for me to go for just dinner and that's all but I understand what you're saying about not wanting to spoil the magic.

I was finally able to move my Topolino's breakfast to an earlier time. We had a 9:35 (or it may have been 9:25) and now we have a 7:45 time. I wanted it around 8:00 so that works perfectly for us.

So close now! It would be so hard for me to go for just dinner and that's all but I understand what you're saying about not wanting to spoil the magic.
Who knows what we will decide when we are actually down there, ya know, but that's the plan so far at least! I know it would never "truly" spoil it, but I almost feel like it would make that last week dread on even more haha. We live in Jax, so we're very close, otherwise I probably would take full advantage of the day trip.

Kinda nervous... it might be nice to "get up and go" on my on time but I feel so awkward about dining in restaurants by myself. LOL

I managed to "break" my wife during our 2019 trip, so wound up doing two of our planned park days by myself while she slept and rested at the resort. It was actually more fun than I'd imagined - I got to go at my own pace, see what I wanted to see, wait in line for characters if I wanted to (way more my thing than hers) ... and I got lots of sympathy from them all when I told them I was all by myself for my birthday trip because my wife was sick.

In terms of dining, I found that it wasn't bad at all. Most of the time, the servers were extra attentive to me as a solo diner, (again, I gave them all the explanation, especially because the reservations had been made for two people) and I had the best experience at Tusker House when Goofy actually sat down with me at my table and hung out for a bit. Whenever I felt self-conscious, I looked around and realized that all the other people were so focused on their own dining experiences and their tables that they probably never even noticed that I was by myself.

So go by yourself and make the most of it!

2/25-3/3 Offsite
We are celebrating my brother finishing radiation and injections for cancer. It's also a "rest-cation" because he is the care coordinator for my 92 yo mother. HE ROCKS! It'll be late mornings, relaxing evenings with a couple of low key park days.

Wow what a great thing to get to celebrate at Disney. I hope y'all have a great vacation.

So, my wife had to cancel a trip and we had credit on Delta. My birthday is coming up, and she suggested going to Disney for a long weekend. Unfortunately, we felt that the first weekend of February was too soon with Omicron, so...

2/25-27 BW, 2/27-3/1 Poly. We just bought more DVC points and we lucked out with the Poly for the last two days. Going to be odd going without the kids, but they're good with it (the picture in my profile is from 2009).

I'm looking at wait times on the MDE app, and it appears --- to me, anyway --- that standby lines aren't quite as long as they were last week. Some are still 60-75 minutes, but at least not like the 180-minute waits I saw in the last two weeks. I hope they continue to decline. Is anyone else following the wait times?

Only 24 days until I enter the House of the Mouse :love:

I'm looking at wait times on the MDE app, and it appears --- to me, anyway --- that standby lines aren't quite as long as they were last week. Some are still 60-75 minutes, but at least not like the 180-minute waits I saw in the last two weeks. I hope they continue to decline. Is anyone else following the wait times?

I've been watching them as well. Some are definitely going down. I know they are usually inflated some as well so that's good. I know a lot of people say tour plans is more accurate but I don't have a subscription to them so I have no clue what they are saying they are compared to MDE.

Today is the one day where I have been too busy to take a look. I am glad to hear they are coming down a bit. We will be there 3 weeks from today and while I don't mind some crowds I am hoping for things to continue a downward trajectory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter