• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 2022 Car Rental Thread

LadybugsMum

DIS Veteran
I'll start the Feb 2022 car rental thread. Prices are high for the week of Valentine's. I can't find anything under $550 for a 8 day rental. I really hope the prices comes down.

Actually, after my travels currently, that’s a good price. I’d reserve that, and hope that prices come down- but my guess is they won’t.
Some of the Hertz places in Florida even closed in 2020- I am shocked as in January 2020 I paid $165 for a week in central Florida, and now it’s $900, and the place I picked it up at is now closed! I just paid $900 for a rental for a week in Fairbanks.

I paid $320 for a 7 day rental in April 2021; so I really hope the prices go down.

That’s awesome- I’m seeing nearly $90/day so $320 sounds pretty good!
I travel a lot, and have rented cars in Tampa, Orlando, Fairbanks, and Dallas recently. Not seeing anything at all “reasonable”.

I’ve booked a Prius for 2 weeks via Costco, and it’s $1159 for the rental. Hoping to do better than that but I haven’t found any cheaper deals yet.

No changes so far. I've got a compact SUV for $568 (Sat-Sat) in mid Feb through Costco. When I check through individual companies, it's usually at least $100 more.

I found cheap airfare to MCO for Feb but before I booked it l glanced over at rental car prices and it was more expensive then 3 airfares. It was averaging about $100/day for rental car. So at this point, not sure if it makes more sense to drive from Texas or pay almost $600 for car rental.

Still really expensive and it's now more expensive than than it was a month ago. I'm debating using Disney transpo for everything with a few Uber/Lyfts thrown in.

I have a minivan through Costco for 7 days - Feb 27 to March 6 - for $732. It's way more than I have ever paid, but I'm feeling like this is a good deal at this point.

I booked a relatively decent rate for the week of Princess back in July, but I accidentally booked both pickup and dropoff at Car Care Center, which makes NO sense for my plans. Silly mistake. I keep hoping for something better.

I booked a new deal through the Disney website at the car care center for National and I’m paying $377 for a full size car for a week. I was hoping for a compact SUV, but it’s more than what I have through Costco.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/car-rental-services/
Interesting! I just looked here for pricing for February, but then I googled as well and got a way better deal, which makes me nervous! :lmao: I haven't purchased anything, just looking around at deals, but am always leery of a site that isn't a well known name. An SUV on the site I'm looking at is $293 for a week. Seems too good to be true after reading what others are finding!

Interesting! I just looked here for pricing for February, but then I googled as well and got a way better deal, which makes me nervous! :lmao: I haven't purchased anything, just looking around at deals, but am always leery of a site that isn't a well known name. An SUV on the site I'm looking at is $293 for a week. Seems too good to be true after reading what others are finding!

What site did you use? I'm traveling the week of Valentine's and it must be a popular week though less popular than President's Day which is the following week.

Costco travel has gone down $25 for my week; so I booked it and I still have the CCC reservation as well. I was doing the math and once I pay for us to go from/to the airport, I'd only have to pay $45 more to pick up at the airport which is much more convenient. I'll keep stalking the sites and hopefully the price will go down even more since there's still 10+ weeks until our trip.

Just booked a long weekend 10th-14 intermediate car for $330. Pains me as we were just down last month and I had the same size car for a week at that price

My Costco rental went down another $16 to $526 for a compact SUV with pick up at MCO. If it gets to $500 or below then it'll be more economical to keep it and drop the reservation at CCC which is a standard car plus the cost of transit to/from MCO.

Following along. Currently booked in with Fox at $478 for compact SUV 10 day rental. Obviously we would have to take a shuttle to pick up the car and drop it off but the way the prices are looking maybe it would be the best option for us.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter