February 2020

I haven't either, and I even checked my spam. I have held the Disney Visa card for 10 years and have never gotten an e-mail about room discounts. :confused3
We have both visa cards ..the one I call the free one( I have had it since day one) and the other one I call the expensive one! I have never gotten e-mails for a discount.... We must not be the chosen one!!:sad:

I have been doing my homework and looked up historical discounts ....Some discounts came out the first week in Oct.( it seems on Tues. and Thursday) so we STILL have hope with discounts. We are all tired of playing this game and we want to move on with our lives!! The discount at the Riviera is very generous ( considering its Disney)..But we are wanting to stay at BWI. We like the location and walking to both parks is a big plus...I am booked and willing to pay the price, I am not thrilled about it , but I will. My thoughts , might be wrong because Disney will do what Disney wants to do. They are saying attendance is down and there has been discounts for Jan. - Feb. as long as I can remember. We still have hope added with pixie dust.pixiedust:

Last edited:
Just got off the phone ..sorry nothing ..tomorrow will be a better day. I did ask her to look into her crystal ball for discounts for the first of the year. She said keep trying ..she didnt say yes or no ..just keep trying!!

I have been doing my homework and looked up historical discounts ....Some discounts came out the first week in Oct.( it seems on Tues. and Thursday) so we STILL have hope with discounts. We are all tired of playing this game and we want to move on with our lives!! The discount at the Riviera is very generous ( considering its Disney)..But we are wanting to stay at BWI. We like the location and walking to both parks is a big plus...I am booked and willing to pay the price, I am not thrilled about it , but I will. My thoughts , might be wrong because Disney will do what Disney wants to do. They are saying attendance is down and there has been discounts for Jan. - Feb. as long as I can remember. We still have hope added with pixie dust.pixiedust:
I am hoping for BWI myself, trying to stay at all WDW resorts at least once and it's one of the last deluxe I have left to stay at, but I don't even want to pay the price of the standard room :( (we have several other BIG trips planned for later in 2020 so really not wanting to break the bank just to stay at a resort to check it off my list). I have AoA booked, because it's the last value I have to cross off my list, but I'd rather stay at BWI especially since I'm mainly going for Festival of the Arts
*fingers crossed*

I'm also hoping for BWI. We're going to celebrate my oldest's grad degree. Epcot is her favorite and being able to walk there is a real plus! Now, though, instead of beating rack rate at CR, it has to come in close to the discount at the Riviera!

I have been comparing numbers this afternoon for different Disney resorts and have concluded that even at 20% off the rates seem so high. I think the challenge for me is that last January we got YC on a Visa discount (I think 35%) at about $300/night. I guess we were traveling during value season and didn't even realize it. Now I am trying to book in February during a non-value time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter