February 2014

4 days!!!! Almost all packed. Kids are out of school today because of freezing rain and sleet. Oh joy! So long as it all melts off and we can get outta dodge Saturday morning! Ready to be in my happy place! Even DH is finally getting excited!

4 days!!!! Almost all packed. Kids are out of school today because of freezing rain and sleet. Oh joy! So long as it all melts off and we can get outta dodge Saturday morning! Ready to be in my happy place! Even DH is finally getting excited!

My suitcases and clothes are spread out all over the bedroom! We fly out Saturday too and thankfully are missing the snow. Got about 4 inches yesterday, and they're calling for 8-10" tomorrow so the kids will be home. Then another huge storm Sunday into Monday so looks like we timed our departure perfectly lol!

Not thrilled with some of the wait times I'm seeing, though. We've been lucky to always go during slow times in the past and some of the wait times listed are way over what we're used to. I guess some of it is b/c of FP+, and no "slow time" anymore, but I was still hoping for lower crowds and lower waits for the first part of our trip leading up to President's weekend...........

My suitcases and clothes are spread out all over the bedroom! We fly out Saturday too and thankfully are missing the snow. Got about 4 inches yesterday, and they're calling for 8-10" tomorrow so the kids will be home. Then another huge storm Sunday into Monday so looks like we timed our departure perfectly lol! Not thrilled with some of the wait times I'm seeing, though. We've been lucky to always go during slow times in the past and some of the wait times listed are way over what we're used to. I guess some of it is b/c of FP+, and no "slow time" anymore, but I was still hoping for lower crowds and lower waits for the first part of our trip leading up to President's weekend...........
Haha! Sounds like our house last night! Messes of clothes everywhere! As far as waits- don't worry! Everyone reports different things, I think it's all relative to people's patience levels. I'm sure it'll be ok and we'll all have a blast!

we are leaving in a week! They are calling for snow on Sunday and Monday, lets hope they are wrong! I would clear skies on our flight down to WDW! We leave at 6am Tuesday and arrive a little after 11, so I hope I am not asking for much! LOL :) I won't mind if we get delayed going home through and we have to stay an extra day !;)

Haha! Sounds like our house last night! Messes of clothes everywhere! As far as waits- don't worry! Everyone reports different things, I think it's all relative to people's patience levels. I'm sure it'll be ok and we'll all have a blast!

That's very true! A long wait for one person may be a very reasonable wait for another. Here's to everyone on this thread making it down there in spite of the weather and having a great time! pixiedust:

Have changed my dining reservations a million times so far and there is still just under 3 weeks to go! Have started collecting piles of clothing for the boys and bought some glow stuff at the Dollar Store. EXCITED!

On way to airport! Didn't get much snow overnight and roads aren't that great but better than I expected! So thankful I have a very calm husband to drive who is not phased by this weather cause I'm a nervous wreck!! Should be checking in to CSR by 11:30 ish :)

4 more days to go! My kids and I are off for a another snow day today. I will be so happy to get out of this weather!

My DD and I leave Sunday morning by plan and things look good so far.

My DH and son will leave Wednesday with the band. They will be driving down on charter busses. Hopefully, the weather will be fine for driving then.

Today, I am working on my sub plans for next week and doing some more packing. It is nice to have the day home today to do this.

Take Care Everyone!

On way to airport! Didn't get much snow overnight and roads aren't that great but better than I expected! So thankful I have a very calm husband to drive who is not phased by this weather cause I'm a nervous wreck!! Should be checking in to CSR by 11:30 ish :)

I know exactly what you mean about driving in the weather. I am glad your DH is fine with it.

May your travels today be safe and pleasant! Enjoy your trip! :cheer2:

We stayed at CSR last time and loved it! We are trying PORFQ this time just to try something different.

4 days left over here. really stressed about the weather interfering with travel plans. nyc just keeps getting hit over and over with snow and there is more scheduled for sunday (the day we leave) and now it's just a waiting game of what time of day the snow comes and if it will cause us problems. we leave at 6:30 am so i am hoping we are able to miss it. so far this week the flight we are scheduled for has left 5 hours late one day, 45 minutes late another day and completely cancelled today.

i feel like i will be worried until the plane is actually lifting off.

We leave in 5 days! Been watching the weather like crazy. So far it looks like a clear day on Tuesday. Hopefully change, but will just wait and see, So can't wait!

4 days left over here. really stressed about the weather interfering with travel plans. nyc just keeps getting hit over and over with snow and there is more scheduled for sunday (the day we leave) and now it's just a waiting game of what time of day the snow comes and if it will cause us problems. we leave at 6:30 am so i am hoping we are able to miss it. so far this week the flight we are scheduled for has left 5 hours late one day, 45 minutes late another day and completely cancelled today.

i feel like i will be worried until the plane is actually lifting off.

I agree with you, I will be worried about the weather until we are on the plane and then I will again be worried when my DH and son travel down.
I leave Sunday morning too, 7:00 Central Time, we just might see each other at the airport and perhaps even be on the same Magical Express bus. We are scheduled to arrive in MCO at 10:30.

We leave in 5 days! Been watching the weather like crazy. So far it looks like a clear day on Tuesday. Hopefully change, but will just wait and see, So can't wait!

We have all been planning our trips for FOREVER and now that it is finally here we still have to be patient and WAIT some more! Here is a group hug to get us all through all this last minute waiting and anxiety before our trips commence! :grouphug:

We made it in yesterday! Thanks!

Thanks for posting! Happy you are there safe and sound! :littleangel:
Enjoy yourself!

I agree with you, I will be worried about the weather until we are on the plane and then I will again be worried when my DH and son travel down.
I leave Sunday morning too, 7:00 Central Time, we just might see each other at the airport and perhaps even be on the same Magical Express bus. We are scheduled to arrive in MCO at 10:30.

thinking happy thoughts for both our families to make it on time and have great stress-free vacations!!

if you see two tall people one wearing pink sunglasses, one wearing regular glasses with the cutest almost-one-year-old baby on your magical express bus, that's us!

We made it safe and sound this afternoon - about 30 minutes later due to de-icing the plane but otherwise a smooth flight. When we got to check in desk at CSR we got some pixie dust and were upgraded to Yacht Club!!!!! We were thrilled - they called a taxi (complimentary) to take us over and we were here and checked in about 20 min later!!! It was a great start to our vacation!

We made it safe and sound this afternoon - about 30 minutes later due to de-icing the plane but otherwise a smooth flight. When we got to check in desk at CSR we got some pixie dust and were upgraded to Yacht Club!!!!! We were thrilled - they called a taxi (complimentary) to take us over and we were here and checked in about 20 min later!!! It was a great start to our vacation!

What a great upgrade! Enjoy!!

Wow! That is great ! Enjoy your trip!

You can add us to the February list!!:cool1:

Tinkerbelle739/SorcMickey pixiedust:
February 22 - March 8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter