February 2014

I can hardly wait to soak up some warmth! But first we must survive this latest Arctic blast. We're in southeast MI. Our daughter, who is a doctor, lives in southwest MI where thy get lake effect snow in addition to the cold weather & snow we have here. She occasionally has to call into the hospital and ask them to send someone with a truck with 4-wheel drive to get her to the hospital. I did open up the front door long enough this morning to receive the box with our Magic Bands from the nice UPS man!

We are in N MI, I have been up here for 14 years & I am still amazed at the amount of snow this year! :-). My minivan is parked and I have taken over DHs truck! There is just too much snow this year!

We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside and I was wanting to upgrade to a Royal Room (I have twin girls that are turning four in April) to surprise them. When I called, they said there was no availability for any rooms. When I checked online, the majority of the value and moderate resorts are not able to be booked at all! Is this just a glitch or what??

All but the last 4 days of April are either peak or holiday season rates for WDW resort properties. I'm not surprised that you are finding most rooms booked by now for that popular time period. April 13 - 20 are holiday season. April 1 - 12 and 21 - 26 are peak season. April 27 - 30 go back down to regular season.

Keep checking, something might open up 45 days prior to your arrival date when balances need to be paid for vacation packages.

All but the last 4 days of April are either peak or holiday season rates for WDW resort properties. I'm not surprised that you are finding most rooms booked by now for that popular time period. April 13 - 20 are holiday season. April 1 - 12 and 21 - 26 are peak season. April 27 - 30 go back down to regular season.

Keep checking, something might open up 45 days prior to your arrival date when balances need to be paid for vacation packages.

I think I worded that wrong. My daughters will turn four in April, but we will be there in four days (Feb.1-Feb 8). We moved up their birthday celebration in hopes of missing the crowds!

I can hardly wait to soak up some warmth! But first we must survive this latest Arctic blast. We're in southeast MI. Our daughter, who is a doctor, lives in southwest MI where thy get lake effect snow in addition to the cold weather & snow we have here. She occasionally has to call into the hospital and ask them to send someone with a truck with 4-wheel drive to get her to the hospital.

I did open up the front door long enough this morning to receive the box with our Magic Bands from the nice UPS man!

South central Michigander here and this arctic chill needs to move on so our kiddos can go back to school! Can't wait for next week to get a break from the cold and snow.

We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside and I was wanting to upgrade to a Royal Room (I have twin girls that are turning four in April) to surprise them. When I called, they said there was no availability for any rooms. When I checked online, the majority of the value and moderate resorts are not able to be booked at all! Is this just a glitch or what??

I might be wrong but I think that there is a dance competition (maybe cheer too) and that fills up the values and the moderates. Should not have much impact on the parks. I will be there the same dates as you. :) Hope you have a wonderful trip.

I might be wrong but I think that there is a dance competition (maybe cheer too) and that fills up the values and the moderates. Should not have much impact on the parks. I will be there the same dates as you. :) Hope you have a wonderful trip.

I saw there was a cheer competition, but I guess I didn't realize how big it was going to be! Oops!

Thanks! I hope you have a great trip, too! If you see two blonde (almost) four year old little girls running around, make sure to say hi! :)

Hmmf, another Michigander here, yeah the kids need to go back to school so I can get organized to pack! Lol

I saw there was a cheer competition, but I guess I didn't realize how big it was going to be! Oops! Thanks! I hope you have a great trip, too! If you see two blonde (almost) four year old little girls running around, make sure to say hi! :)

When is the cheer competition?

22 days to go!!!! Staying at POP Feb 20-28 and running the princess half marathon!! I really can't wait to get out of this mountain of snow that keeps getting dumped on us here in Michigan. Lake effect snow really is terrible!

Supposed to fly out Feb 8th- afraid we won't be able to get to the airport as the news is predicting snow Sunday & Monday and possibly again on Friday!!! I live in the south and there is no getting around it when it snows. We made it through a year of planning, my daughter and I both finally getting better after getting sinus junk, and now this!!! Everyone please say a prayer that the snow stays away because this stupid girl didn't buy trip insurance if we can't go!! :-/ I'm freaking out a bit here! Gonna be one unhappy mommy....

Supposed to fly out Feb 8th- afraid we won't be able to get to the airport as the news is predicting snow Sunday & Monday and possibly again on Friday!!! I live in the south and there is no getting around it when it snows. We made it through a year of planning, my daughter and I both finally getting better after getting sinus junk, and now this!!! Everyone please say a prayer that the snow stays away because this stupid girl didn't buy trip insurance if we can't go!! :-/ I'm freaking out a bit here! Gonna be one unhappy mommy....

My prayers are with you and lots of pixie dust too! pixiedust:

I, too am fighting a sinus illness right now. I have been pretty miserable the past couple of days and here I am at 9 days out! Hopefully the weather will cooperate with all our plans.

Count me in! I haven't been to WDW since 1992 & will be @ Pop Century 2/9-14 with my two grandsons, 5 & 7. Looking forward to making some magical memories!

Fantastic! We will be there at the same time. It should be a fun trip with your two grandsons.

Look at all the Michiganders heading to warmth in February! :-). Count me in, too! One week from today!!!! I am 90% packed and ready to go!

Welcome rainboots! :cool1:I was just rereading the last few pages of this thread and was thinking all of Michigan is heading to Disney in February! Tee Hee.

I live in Central Illinois and am certainly ready for some sun and higher temperatures than around here. :beach:

22 days to go!!!! Staying at POP Feb 20-28 and running the princess half marathon!! I really can't wait to get out of this mountain of snow that keeps getting dumped on us here in Michigan. Lake effect snow really is terrible!

It is nice to have you join us. :cheer2:
More snow is heading my way too! I am praying there won't be any to worry about when I head out to the airport on the 9th.

Planning a last minute trip to Disney... 2/27 - 3/2. Got a card in the mail for free dining and we had already been teasing with the idea of taking our 2yo DD for her first trip. She has 2 DSs but they are 18 & 13 and have already been to Disney and had no interest in going with us. So, trying to do a simple and cheap first trip for our DD. She loves watching many of the Disney movies so I am hoping that she loves the characters, instead of being afraid of them! Better to try it now while she is still free ;) We booked POP for our stay but haven't purchased airline tickets yet, still watching...

Welcome rlessig! I took my DD for the first time when she was 2 1/2. My son was 8 at the time. It was a nice trip but my DD did have a few meltdowns. I think they were mostly from the extreme heat and humidity since we were there in late May.

Late Feb/early March should be great temps to take a toddler - not too hot and not too cold.

What weather forecasts do you use? I have been checking accuweather and weather channel. They keep changing and they are so different. I leave in 5 days!!!

I have used the local orlando news affiliates, and then weather.com and accuweather. Oh, and weather underground.

http://www.wesh.com/weather
http://mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/weather/forecast.html
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/category/235899/7-day-forecast
http://www.wftv.com/photo/weather/wftvtv_weather_web_5day640x480/pFYtt/

I was prepared for 50s/60s and had us semi packed for that. In the last few days I had to tweak things considerably as it is supposed to hit the low 80s several days early next week. First world problem :) I do still have a variety of jackets, sweaters, etc for us to layer in case evenings are chilly or things don't follow the forecast. By the end of our stay it is supposed to drop to the 60s again. Rain forecasts seem all over the place depending on the source, so that one will be interesting.

HTH. This is our first trip but I think one of the FL locals was joking that weather.com is terrible and the local affiliates tend to do a better job :confused3 This had lead me to obsessive checking and cross checking now LOL.

Thanks for sharing the link and the tip to use Lake Buena Vista.

Only 8 more days to go!

The weather this coming week looks great in WDW in the 70 and 80's.

But for my fist two days it drops down to highs in the 60's. A bit of a bummer since my DD really wanted to swim while there,

Much better than the negative temps and the ice and snow heading my way today!

4 days to go and its snowing here again!!! Finally going to start packing tonight :cool1: Forecast in Florida looks great - so long as the next impending snowstorm doesn't keep us from the airport we'll be in warm and sunny skies very soon!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter