February 2014

Our Magic Bands were shipped yesterday and arrived at our home airport this morning. Monday morning I'll have them in my hands! :yay:

We've had so many nights of sub zero temperatures with daytime highs only making it into the single digits that 3 weeks can't go by quickly enough for me. (We fly south and spend a week on Sanibel Island before heading up to WDW.) Area schools were closed again yesterday due to the wind chills of minus 25 to minus 40 in the early morning when children would have been heading to school.

10 DAYS!!!!!!! And nothing is ready to go! I'm starting to panic a bit. My step son has acl surgery on the 29th and his mother and grandmother are coming to stay for 2 days! So between cleaning wrestling tournaments and softball football and baseball practice I don't know when I will pack. We flyout the 4th! Yep I'm freaking out.

14 days for us :) The forecast gets a little better every time I check it!

My son showed me that the temps in the next ten days are looking at temps in the 70d and possibly even 80 on day! That sounds perfect! My DD might get to swim!

10 DAYS!!!!!!! And nothing is ready to go! I'm starting to panic a bit. My step son has acl surgery on the 29th and his mother and grandmother are coming to stay for 2 days! So between cleaning wrestling tournaments and softball football and baseball practice I don't know when I will pack. We flyout the 4th! Yep I'm freaking out.

This sounds like what I will be doing soon! I need to use today to really get some things accomplished that needs to be done! Thanks for the reminder to use my time wisely and get off the DIS!

14 days to go and then it is off to Disney!

14 days for us too! It is getting really close.:cool1:

I am working on some custom shirts right now. Already bought breakfast foods, ponchos and glow sticks. Pins are organized to trade. DD12 decorated her magic band. We are getting close to being ready.

I haven't been checking the weather. That will give me something new to obsess about besides the Dis. :rotfl:

Planning a last minute trip to Disney... 2/27 - 3/2. Got a card in the mail for free dining and we had already been teasing with the idea of taking our 2yo DD for her first trip. She has 2 DSs but they are 18 & 13 and have already been to Disney and had no interest in going with us. So, trying to do a simple and cheap first trip for our DD. She loves watching many of the Disney movies so I am hoping that she loves the characters, instead of being afraid of them! Better to try it now while she is still free ;) We booked POP for our stay but haven't purchased airline tickets yet, still watching...

[QUOTE
=mdsouth;50563701]My son showed me that the temps in the next ten days are looking at temps in the 70d and possibly even 80 on day! That sounds perfect! My DD might get to swim!
This is what my boys are hoping to do! By the way mdsouth, I read your 2009 trip report:) Loved it! Especially how you told your kids you were going! Unfortunately none of the pictures would open up for me, not sure why.........

This sounds like what I will be doing soon! I need to use today to really get some things accomplished that needs to be done! Thanks for the reminder to use my time wisely and get off the DIS!

14 days to go and then it is off to Disney![/QUOTE]

oops, above was my first time trying to only quote part of a post! Didn't quite work out lol

14 days for us :) The forecast gets a little better every time I check it!
I've been checking 10-day forecast for about a week. We are still 11 days out but to see high 70's / low 80's again makes me soooo happy! This winter in Michigan has been brutal!

I've been checking 10-day forecast for about a week. We are still 11 days out but to see high 70's / low 80's again makes me soooo happy! This winter in Michigan has been brutal!

We leave in 5 days! I'm so excited about the weather! Swim suits are packed!!!

12 days and counting! Keeping my eye on the weather, anything better than michigan weather right now!

13 days to go and I woke up exhausted with a sore throat and the start of a so us infection I fear. Ugh. If it's not better by tomorrow I'll be off to the doctor. Please Lord, don't let us all be sick for our Disney vacation!

13 days to go and I woke up exhausted with a sore throat and the start of a so us infection I fear. Ugh. If it's not better by tomorrow I'll be off to the doctor. Please Lord, don't let us all be sick for our Disney vacation!

Amen! My DD was sick this past week. One day was a snow day so she only missed one day of school,

I hope you feel better soon and we are all well for our Disney trips!

18 days to go til CBR, 2/14-21. Nobody is allowed to get sick:)....watching the weather every day, many times a day, hoping the 70's and 80's are gonna come back for everyone in Feb

Look at all the Michiganders heading to warmth in February! :-). Count me in, too! One week from today!!!! I am 90% packed and ready to go!

Count me in! I haven't been to WDW since 1992 & will be @ Pop Century 2/9-14 with my two grandsons, 5 & 7. Looking forward to making some magical memories!

Look at all the Michiganders heading to warmth in February! :-). Count me in, too! One week from today!!!! I am 90% packed and ready to go!

I can hardly wait to soak up some warmth! But first we must survive this latest Arctic blast. We're in southeast MI. Our daughter, who is a doctor, lives in southwest MI where thy get lake effect snow in addition to the cold weather & snow we have here. She occasionally has to call into the hospital and ask them to send someone with a truck with 4-wheel drive to get her to the hospital.

I did open up the front door long enough this morning to receive the box with our Magic Bands from the nice UPS man!

We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside and I was wanting to upgrade to a Royal Room (I have twin girls that are turning four in April) to surprise them. When I called, they said there was no availability for any rooms. When I checked online, the majority of the value and moderate resorts are not able to be booked at all! Is this just a glitch or what??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter