February 2012 Check-in!

We just got back on Sunday! Our park days were Tuesday afternoon through Saturday and we had MORE than enough time to do and see everything we wanted multiple times.

Tuesday: Our "trifecta" day - traces of rain, short park hours, and in the middle of the week. As a result, the park was extremely quiet and we had nearly walk on times for anything not an E-Ticket. Those rides seemed to have a 20 -30 minute stand-by time, including SM, Indy and ST. We were tired from all the traveling so leaving early was a good thing lol.

Wednesday: Another great day! Crowds weren't too heavy and we did ST multiple times. Started off with breakfast at River Belle Terrace with the usual: I get the Steamboat and DH has the Mark Twain! POTC wait time was pretty much under 5 minutes. I kept beating DH at Buzz Lightyear, but he did win one time - and he put a bad email address in so the proof *vanished*! :laughing: That night, a lovely CM gave us some Disney magic by taking us in the exit of Casey Jr and letting us have the rear caboose. Storybook Land Canal Boats was closed and this gave us a great view of the ride from up above! She worked Mr. Toad so we went by afterwards to thank her. Since we waited in line there, she met up w/ us when the ride was done and with another dose of Pixie Dust, walked us through the exit of Peter Pan (which did have a large line) for another quick ride! :love: *the makings of a wonderful Disney memory*

Thursday: Warm! I loved Jolly Holiday's orange/raisin scones. Had one for breakfast today and ended up returning a few more times for more before the trip ended. Went on TSMM for the first time (IKR?) - only reason was we caught it after it was down for maintenance and the line was really short. Now I can see why it's so popular! We were hooting and hollering like kids!

Friday: Getting very busy but a good day. Did more DCA and hotel breaks to get away from the crowds. Today we were starting to feel we had enough of the parks. Had the hot beef and cheddar sandwich at the Jolly Holiday - will not get again. It was surprisingly bland. Crowds built up in the afternoon till closing. Nice to go back to the HOJO for some sleep!

Saturday: BUSY. Even POTC had their temporary switchback queue set up and it was filled all the way out to the end of Cafe Orleans. We spent our morning riding but did mostly shopping and people watching in the afternoon and at night.

We decided that we'll do longer trips during the holiday seasons like Halloween or Christmas, where the extra touches in the park make up for heavier crowds. We always hate to leave DL on our December trips no matter how long they are, but we both agreed our February trip was "one day too many". Planning it again, I would have done a 4-day PHP and skipped Saturday entirely.

Now I'm planning our December 2012 trip!!! :thumbsup2

We're back. It was a great trip!! Even if it did rain on Wednesday!!

My friend and I will be there next Thursday! I can't believe how close it's getting..everyday I do something else in the preparation department. Today I went to Target and got a nice little "backpack" it's more like a nylon bag, it's exactly what I wanted. I wanted something I could keep my bottle of water, sweatshirt if I get hot, maybe switch out my shoes to sandals, etc. I also got some toiletries and things like hand wipes. I'll also put some clorox wipes in a baggy to use at the hotels, always wipe the remote, doorknobs, etc. down when I first get in! Call me picky, but I don't want someone else's snot on my hands! ha ha!!

Just got back late last night. I had a great time solo. I bought an annual pass. The tenative May trip is now a go:banana:

We are only 6 days away now! I have my packing list and got most of our snackies today. We'll pick up milk and fruit on the way down. We measured the girls today and my oldest is tall enough for every ride! She is so excited. My youngest is almsot 2 and was 36 inches so she will get to go on a good amount of rides too. We're soooo looking forward to it! I just need to get through this week or work and school LOL.

We will be "wheels up" 0615 on Thursday for our first return to DL in 19 years (many WDW visits since then). Staying offsite at the BWPPI.

Excited? Yup!

I have a lime green mickey head on my bagallini and my stroller. I'll be on the lookout for you guys :)

just got home last night from a wonderful trip!

got to spend a day with dear friends, the Lights, Camera, Magic tour was AWESOME....weather was perfect for us and even with the crowds we still got to ride everything we wanted!

saw the fireworks and World of Color was breath taking :goodvibes

only downside was we came home with cold's :sick:

:cheer2:One week today we'll be halfway there! This weekend it's time to dig out the summer clothes and take the parka to be dry cleaned while we're away! :cheer2:

We Millerette DD2 and I are off bright and early in the morning!
We have our LimeGreenMickeyHeads...Mine is on my camera bag, Millerette's on DD's stroller. Hope to meet/see some of you.

Well, we'll head out for Fresno tomorrow to stay with the inlaws. Should be in Anaheim Sunday around 3pm. After check in we're doing Rainforest Cafe and then Disneyland on Monday! SOOOOOOO EXCITED! Looking forward to finding some limegreenmickeyheads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter