February 2011 Wilderness Lodge

We'll be there next week as well -- DH, DS7 and myself. The hot tub issue doesn't really bother us. In fact last time (Jan '09) we were there we didn't use the pool area at all especially when we saw all the ducks swimming in the pool. :)

Plus we were constantly on the go. We're not ones to stop during the day for a break.

This has been our thought too... with little ones (6 and 8) we will be on the go more than not and we do not do breaks either during the day. I am sooo excited to be at the WL, hot tubs or no hot tubs! :thumbsup2

1 Week from today we leave for a one night stay and dinner with friends we never get to see in Columbus. 1 week from tomorrow we fly to Disney!!! AHHHH! So excited. Hopefully I'll get to see some of you at the Lodge!

1 Week from today we leave for a one night stay and dinner with friends we never get to see in Columbus. 1 week from tomorrow we fly to Disney!!! AHHHH! So excited. Hopefully I'll get to see some of you at the Lodge!

what time do you arrive at MCO?

Hopefully check-in early :)
We will go to the MK that day. We have dinner at LTT scheduled and I want to see the parade and fireworks. Then time to sleep!
It's gonna be a long (hopefully delay-free) fantastic day!

I'm already trying to talk my brother and sister-in-law into taking their girls (5 and 7) for their first trip this year. They went for their honeymoon but it's been 9 years and they are dying to take them. Disney is offering kids stay and play free and they are more likely able to afford it then. I would even give them some money on it. Of course I'd go with them for babysitting if they want. Or turn it into a trip for the entire family! 3 generations at Disney.. I'm crossing my fingers. We'd stay in a value resort of course, but that's fine by me. With the kids there we wouldn't be in the room too much.

Hopefully check-in early :)
We will go to the MK that day. We have dinner at LTT scheduled and I want to see the parade and fireworks. Then time to sleep!
It's gonna be a long (hopefully delay-free) fantastic day!

I'm already trying to talk my brother and sister-in-law into taking their girls (5 and 7) for their first trip this year. They went for their honeymoon but it's been 9 years and they are dying to take them. Disney is offering kids stay and play free and they are more likely able to afford it then. I would even give them some money on it. Of course I'd go with them for babysitting if they want. Or turn it into a trip for the entire family! 3 generations at Disney.. I'm crossing my fingers. We'd stay in a value resort of course, but that's fine by me. With the kids there we wouldn't be in the room too much.

I put together a trip in 2008 for my family and in 2009 with friends that involved 12 people altogether. We had a blast! I was amazed that DW and I were able to put up with my parents and siblings for that long! lol

We stayed at POP in December and enjoyed it.

We are having lunch at Raglan Road on Saturday and dinner at Fulton's. DW's brother & sis-in-law were supposed to meet us for lunch but they had a family emergency so they will be unable to come. Now it's back to just us 2.

I have stayed at WKL 3x and it is BY far my favorite resort...could be that it was my resort for my first WDW experience, but I have lots of fond memories at WDW and WKL will always be on the top! I can understand being concerned if hot tubs are a big deal to you, but there is so much else the resort offers, as well.

Loved taking the small motor boats out on the lagoon with the kids. Loved taking the boat to/from MK. Loved watching the nighttime electric parade from our balcony. Loved dining at Artists Point. Loved sitting in the rocking chairs by the fireplaces after a long day, sipping hot cocoa. Love my pictures of the little boys becoming 'part' of the totem poles. Etc, etc, etc

Enjoy your stay! Find beauty in what is available, rather than dwelling on what isn't working.

I have stayed at WKL 3x and it is BY far my favorite resort...could be that it was my resort for my first WDW experience, but I have lots of fond memories at WDW and WKL will always be on the top! I can understand being concerned if hot tubs are a big deal to you, but there is so much else the resort offers, as well.

Loved taking the small motor boats out on the lagoon with the kids. Loved taking the boat to/from MK. Loved watching the nighttime electric parade from our balcony. Loved dining at Artists Point. Loved sitting in the rocking chairs by the fireplaces after a long day, sipping hot cocoa. Love my pictures of the little boys becoming 'part' of the totem poles. Etc, etc, etc

Enjoy your stay! Find beauty in what is available, rather than dwelling on what isn't working.

DW & I are SO excited to finally stay there. We have had our eyes on it for quite sometime and the cards fell right for this trip. We are going to probably rent a pontoon and cruise the lake and maybe even rent bikes to ride over to FT Wilderness.

Me and the DGF will be there the 4-6 , staying in a courtyard view room hopefully i will get inner courtyard... i know theres alot of us going that weekend so keep an eye out for the lime green mickeys!!

Me and the DGF will be there the 4-6 , staying in a courtyard view room hopefully i will get inner courtyard... i know theres alot of us going that weekend so keep an eye out for the lime green mickeys!!

I need to figure a good way to display the green. Still thinking on that!

I was super disappointed for a day or so, but really just the thought of being at THE wilderness lodge puts me in a fantastic mood. We could not have afforded it at this time if we hadn't received the discount and I have wanted to stay there for a while now. We love cabins and lodges. You can't beat the romance and ambiance of a lodge/cabin. Now I'm thinking Hot Tea by one of the little fireplace nooks for romantic time and maybe some long leisurely walks!

I put together a trip in 2008 for my family and in 2009 with friends that involved 12 people altogether. We had a blast! I was amazed that DW and I were able to put up with my parents and siblings for that long! lol

We stayed at POP in December and enjoyed it.

We are having lunch at Raglan Road on Saturday and dinner at Fulton's. DW's brother & sis-in-law were supposed to meet us for lunch but they had a family emergency so they will be unable to come. Now it's back to just us 2.

I'm not so sure I can talk everyone into it, but I will try my best to get my niece monsters there! They were almost 2 and 3 when we got married, and I captured the oldest on video saying when she gets married she wants to go to Mickey's house for her honeymoon and she wants "Uncle Jayce (Jason)" and I to go with her. She added in my parents and her parents and I told her some day she would regret saying that on video :). We brought them back stuffed animals (Mickey for the oldest Sulley for the youngest) and they still carry them. I promised to bring them each one this year. I'm dying for them to go! I know they will love it as much as their parents and I do.

I'm not so sure I can talk everyone into it, but I will try my best to get my niece monsters there! They were almost 2 and 3 when we got married, and I captured the oldest on video saying when she gets married she wants to go to Mickey's house for her honeymoon and she wants "Uncle Jayce (Jason)" and I to go with her. She added in my parents and her parents and I told her some day she would regret saying that on video :). We brought them back stuffed animals (Mickey for the oldest Sulley for the youngest) and they still carry them. I promised to bring them each one this year. I'm dying for them to go! I know they will love it as much as their parents and I do.

That's awesome! I would love to get another group trip together, especially with more nieces and nephews here and on the way. We will see what the future holds.

Are you going to try and watch the Super Bowl or hang out in the parks?

That's awesome! I would love to get another group trip together, especially with more nieces and nephews here and on the way. We will see what the future holds.

Are you going to try and watch the Super Bowl or hang out in the parks?

Um we haven't decided. We want to see Fantasmic, but it's the super bowl and I'd like to see the Steelers get their bottoms handed to them :rotfl2:
I may need to upgrade to Park Hoppers and catch Fantasmic on Wednesday. It's my hubby's favorite!

Um we haven't decided. We want to see Fantasmic, but it's the super bowl and I'd like to see the Steelers get their bottoms handed to them :rotfl2:
I may need to upgrade to Park Hoppers and catch Fantasmic on Wednesday. It's my hubby's favorite!

We are undecided about where to watch the game. Part of me wants to take advantage of the time and hit Magic Kingdom, but it IS the Super Bowl.

Plus, this is a significant one for me... I was named after 2 Packer legends and my Dad's family is from Pittsburgh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter