February 2010 Dining Review with Lots of PICS!! Updated 2/16

Today was Animal Kingdom day. We decided to try Pizzafari. One of us had the Caesar salad. It was huge and very good. The child size pizza at this restaurant is so tiny..as are most kids meals at Disney IMO. The pizza here is okay. Kind of like pizza hut personal pizzas. My husband I had the Hot Italian Style Sandwich with Carrot Sticks or Chips. It was good but we didn't love it. The adult meal came with a chocolate mousse. It was sweet but hit the spot.
IMG_0415.jpg

Been there, done that. Will try a new CS restaurant in Animal Kingdom next time.

Sorry Pizzafari wasn't so hot. I'd try Flame Tree Barbeque next time you're in AK-- more diverse choices!

Last week at exactly this time, we were enjoying Boma. I LOVED this restaurant. Some in our party, were a bit picky and didn't love this restaurant like I did, but if you like to try new things, this is a great choice. My DS has a peanut allergy. The chef came out and walked us through the buffet and told me exactly what he could and couldn't have. It was so nice of him, and my son felt safe and enjoyed his dinner here also. Here are a few pics of our dinner there. Not nearly enough pics considering what we all ate.....The hummus was wonderful. They also had a curried pasta salad that was awesome. All of the soups were great. It was an awesome meal!!!:)
IMG_0431.jpg

DS plate
IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

No pic but the deserts were very good. I didn't expect the zebra domes to be so sweet. They had a mini coffee type desert. That was really good.

I was so excited to make it here for lunch. I really wanted my Mom to try the veggie sandwich that they offered. I also had it.
IMG_0455.jpg

I wanted to love this sandwich but I only liked it. The dressing on the slaw was too sweet for me. Mom really liked this sandwich.
I ordered an adult CS for my ds. He ate it all. The kids meals are very small in Disney. He's six and he at an entire adult cs himself. It was the fish and chicken meal.
IMG_0456.jpg

Mom had the apple crisp desert. She thought it was way better than it looked. Warm and moist on the inside.
IMG_0457.jpg

and the chocolate cake...sweet but good
IMG_0458.jpg

Overall, we really liked it here. Sandwiches are large and the bread is really good!

We ate at Ohana the first night of our trip in 2008. Everyone LOVED it! They even asked to eat here again during that same trip. So I knew this trip I had to book it. This time is was the last meal of our trip. Here are the pictures from this meal which I'm sure everyone will recognize!:)

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

Mom's vegetarian dish filled her right up!

IMG_0479.jpg

DS mac & cheese and peanut free dessert.

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

Delicious Bread Pudding Desert.

IMG_0489.jpg

Maybe we were too full from eating all week, but we only liked this meal..we didn't love it like last time. The food all seemed too sweet...the new noodles were okay, they can't compare to the scalloped potatoes they use to serve. When I asked the waiter about why they don't serve the potatoes anymore, he told me Disney was trying to "healthy up" the menu...well we all agreed that when we are on vacation, we can make the choice for ourselves if we want to eat healthy or unhealthy....after all it's a vacation! :thumbsup2 Next time we will try someplace new.

DBF and I had been SO looking forward to eating at O'Hana-- we're total carnivores, so we thought we'd love it. Not so-- like you guys, we just thought everything was wayyyy too sweet. Just not our thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter