FEBRUARY 2008 WDW travelers post HERE!!!

55 days :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: (I know, I am "cheating", we arrive January 29, but most of our stay is in February)

Okay it's been slow round these parts-missing some of you!!! hey, COME BACK HERE!!!!

It's been FUN around here, I have mentioned it so many times this week to another thread or 2 or just in emails wondering how we are BUT DD's have lice this week and I am still not caught up on laundry!!!:scared1: :eek: :scared1: :laundy: :scared1: :eek: :scared1:
O think I want that SMILEY to come help me get through my laundry-look how HAPPY it is..... crazy smiley....

GROSSED out in Looziana!

Lori

Well, Taramarie, YOU have BEEN here lately and I love ya' for it! Doesn't it seem to be slow around here lately??, or am I just :hyper2:.... on my PC too much:surfweb:!!
Lori

Yeah...it has been kinda slow. I am thinking people are out Christmas shopping or something. Gosh....don't they know we are going to Disney World!!!! LOL

Tara

Hey All!!!

AWWWW You guys are sooooo sweet........ missing me and all!!! LOL :rotfl2:

I have been busy with shopping, christmas, DS's school......... etc... etc

I'm so ready to go to Disney though!!!! Hope Everyone is doing well!! Check in again soon!!!

HEY WENDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, everyone is shopping 'sept me-I am homebound with my kids fighting LICE-yuck!:eek: The war is almost won-victory is emminent!!!:yay: :laundy: :dance3:

I am hoping most of it is done though. We put up our decorations-now to make sure my list is done!! It was shorter one this year as we are cutting back a bit.

Lori

Lori, I'm with you, I havent dont any shopping. I bought my daughters Wii and thats it. I to am cutting back big time. I am hosting a Christmas Eve get together and am getting my family to do a gift exchange. I have no Christmas spirit right now though, I haven't even pulled out the Christmas decorations yet.

Hey Sabrina!! Why??? Are you having a bad time or have you just not had time for it?? WDW is around the corner to cheer you up! DD's gettting AG dolls and that is it from Santa- we are giving them backpacks with little things I have collected over the year to use on vacation- water bottle lanyards, activities for the drive or flight,Disney pens and autograph books from Dollar Tree, etc,etc...it all fits in the smallish backpack

As far as family- we are giving to our parents and 5 neices and 1 nephew and we cut out most friends. I always have a few gifts on hand just in case though. May sound cheap and mean but we have to cut it somewhere.
We do give something small to co-workers, well, I do. DH only has to worry about his boss as he no longer has anyone reporting to him in his new job.I still would like to cut back more but don't think it's possible. I am hoping as our kids get bigger(family) they can pick names since there are a bunch of them! Next Christmas we'll have one more-my SIL, who will be in WDW with us just found out she is expecting! We will laugh if it is another girl b/c that seems to be all we have-the nephew is my DB's stepson, but our nephew all in all.

Hopin' you are okay...

Have the fires affected you??, i forgot to ask earlier.

Lori

It's just that I know I have to cut back, but I hate to. I have 5 brothers and sisters, 5 nephews, momma, grandparents and well it gets expensive. I told myself I would only give to the children this year, but then I start with kids that includes my 13 year old youngest bro, but how can I give to one brother and not the others. It's hard.

Then my kids, I had been lucky up until now with my kids I would tell them put 10 things on your list and see what Santa brings you, well the fool that I am always bought them everything on their lists and then some because the stuff they asked for wasnt to expensive. Usually spent total of around $500 on both kids. Well this year they are really into video games so the video games alone is $400, Alyssa asked for her own tv and video game system (wii) and some other stuff.

So my Christmas list with just my kids, mom and grandparents and one gift exchange is at $1,700.00 not including the wii I already purchased. I wanted to spend less this Christmas. But I feel bad about my kids not getting everything they asked :santa: for.

Disney is the only thing I am looking forward to. I havent put one Christmas decoration up yet.. :scared1: and thats not like me.

No thankfully the fires havent affected my immediate family. My Grandma’s sister in San Diego lost everything. Her home that was already paid off and she is fighting with her insurance company because they might not cover. So sad

hey Sabrina..
about insurance, well, since Kattrina, we learned a LOT and insurance companies suck, so i feel for her. Hopefully she can get help through red cross/gov't , or even better, churches helped out the most down here, from around the country.

On the Christmas note... We normally spend $150 on each kid and as they get older, well, things are more expensive. I told them to write a list and put a star by the top 2. They were talking about DSlites and then the new AG doll came out-and they LOVE anything AG-so that beat out the Lites after asking more than once. Since we have WDW so close after Christmas we decided to stick with our original plan. Maybe a little more next year , who knows. I really wanted to indulge them with the DSlite too, but it ain't happening unless we have a windfall before Christmas!!
Don't feel badly, what counts is that you will be spending vacation with them a month after Christmas! Plus a Wii!!??? It is high priced and it looks like a fun system to have. Besides all that, I know you give them whatever you can and I tell you, what they will cherish the most when they get older is that YOU were there for them. STUFF comes and goes, and they may or may not remember that-but they will remember the memories of you and special times you spend with them-like in Disney or at Christmas-just being there.

I know it sounds cliche', but it's about time spent not money spent! Beleive that and be confident you got them what you can and move on-enjoy these God given holidays!

Sorry if I was preachy, but I hate to hear someone not in the Christmas spirit!!!

Lori

Your right Lori! Not preachy at all, at least I didnt take it that way. It's really easy to get wrapped up in the commercial part of Christmas.. Thanks for the reminder

The worst part, she has been with her insurance company since the early 70's. Now they tell her besides not covering the damages, they will no longer offer her insurance because she lives in a fire danger area...wth??

A LOT of Katrina victims are going through that OR the prices are utterly ridiculous. We don't even live in a flood zone and we did not have damage to our home(yard, yeah, fence and swingset, yeah, but looking at everyone else, we did GREAT) yet our insurance is going up. Got the letter yesterday. In the flodd zone areas, it went up like $1000 per year and I am sure others can tell you more specifically. I just know my MIL's went up and my cousins went up about that much.
It seems you all may have a better system of gov't over there, so maybe things will run more smoothly.

I 'll keep them in my prayers... I was up there in October and my heart went out to the fire victims...

Anyway, I hope the Christmas spirit finds you soon!

Lori

Our government is a joke, we have the freakin Terminator for governor:confused3

Anyways... I really want to thank you for that post yesterday :hug: , I went home and reflected on your words. I talked to my kids about cutting back on our spending as a whole and basically told them that we can continue to buying everything we want even though we don't need it but there will be no more vacations. Or we could set an allowance for entertainment and splurges for the month and still be able to take our vacations. They chose Disney and it was really an easy choice for them. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter