February 20, 2011 DREAM

Thanks to everyone for the awesome Fish Extender gifts!! We had such a good time checking for "surprises" when we came to the stateroom. We really appreciate all your hard work and creativity!! I have 3 ice cream pails worth of stuff sitting on my counter to go through!

We got home very late on the 24th. It was a hard day for me because I hate leaving Disney so much. I found the at sea day hard too because I knew we were close to the end. If you saw someone break into tears in the middle of the ship, it was probably me. We didn't rebook onboard as I couldn't get DH to agree. We all loved it, it's just going to be a while before we get back and I think he figured if he let me book a dummy date I would have him scammed into keeping it! Oh well, one day we'll do it again. I miss it so much already!!

Hope you all enjoyed your cruise as much as we did!

The sea day was a great way to end a cruise for me, so much better then the last day being at castaway cay, because it meant I could back during the day and not have to worry about getting back on the ship and backing super fast so I would not miss anything.

Only thing I didn't like about the sea day was that I didn't get to see Ponz all day, saw him at the end of the day finally and got a picture with him, but I'd heard from friends they didn't get to say bye to crew that met and knew onboard, but I was lucky I got to say bye to all the ones I knew and got to know. I miss Augusto making me a chocolate martini's in Evolution, he made them awesome and the other bartender did as well:goodvibes

Got home late Friday night to ***Surprise*** MORE SNOW! Ugh! Made us miss Flordia fast! LOL! We left prot and headed to Seaworld for our last day. The park was not nearly as busy as Disney had been in the days prior to our cruise so we were really happy. The weather was again - beautiful!

We tossed around the thought of booking onboard but decided to wait. We also could not agree which ship we wanted to go on and when. We normally cruise off season so it was ackward to be on the ship when it was so full. I also felt the kids club was arranged differently - so much so that my kids did not enjoy it... And we got lost ALOT since the hallways don't all run front to back which is different from the Magic and Dream. We drove from Massachusetts and are hoping for a NYC port soon. Guess only time will tell:)

We LOVED the FE exchange. It was the first we participated in! It was so much fun watching the kids faces light up when they received all their gifts! I learned some great tips on how to streamline the "pass out" process for our next cruise! Thanks for all the great items!!!!! We were sorry we did not get to meet all of you!!!!!

We just returned a few hours ago and we had the best time! I also wanted to thank everyone for the awesome FE gifts! It was so much fun to have all of the treats waiting for us when we got back to the room! And delivering them was fun too! Our family really appreciated all of the thought put into them! We didn't rebook anything on board, but I am working on it! I just can't decide when and where I want to head to next! Also, my DD14 had a great time with all of her friends that she met up with! It's been fun!

We got home last night to more snow. 87 in am 30 something in pm. Thanks for the FE gifts we were surprised how creative you all were. We liked the cruise but not sure if we will go again. Too crowded at times for us. We did try to book again but not sure if the process was completed I have no information or ressie number. If not that is ok too. We had a great time at WDW. We loved OKW and BLT. They both had great things going for them. They are both very different. We did rebook for a hotel for a week in the summer. Need to start saving again. It was nice to meet some of you on the cruise. Lauren only met a few of her friends. They pushed her up to the teen group which is not what our resie said. She did not care for it too much.
Overall great trip.http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/goodvibes.gif

jblrn2b we also took the Disney bus to the ship. We made 4 stops OKW (ours), POP, CB, FQ the trip took over 2 hours. We were boarding number 35. Once they passed number 34 they said anyone left may now get on we missed much of the afternoon activities because of the busses so we agree with you hire a cab

Welcome home Disney Dreamers! I hope everyone had a great time aboard the beautiful Dream! Thank you to all who participated in the FE exchange, we received alot of wonderful items! Ok so how many rebooked? We are booked on the Fantasy 9/15/2012 and I'm going to try to swing a 3 nite cruise in Sept 2011!

We are booked on that same Fantasy cruise as it's our school break week here!!! Cannot wait - only 565 away - :rotfl:

Thanks so much everyone for the awesome FE gifts! So many amazing and creative things! We love participating! Gave me some great ideas for future FE exchanges, too!

LOVED the Dream but missed many of the activities we were used to on the Magic. The ship was gorgeous and we were so excited to be able to to the
B2B to get a week on it but looking forward to our 7-night on the Fantasy and maybe some day returning to the Magic :-)

Hope everyone had a great cruise and thanks again for all of the FE gifts!

I got back last night. Thank you to everyone for the wonderful FE gifts. The kids were thrilled. I rebook a B2B for the week of January 15th. Spent the last couple of days at WDW, crowded but I can not complain about the weather this trip. We had the best time. It was a pleasure to meet some of you!

so did anyone else get a chance to meet the bartender Augusto in Evolution? He is awesome made the best chocolate martini's and knew me by name after the first night:cool1:

Thanks to everyone for the awesome Fish Extender gifts!! We had such a good time checking for "surprises" when we came to the stateroom. We really appreciate all your hard work and creativity!! I have 3 ice cream pails worth of stuff sitting on my counter to go through!

We got home very late on the 24th. It was a hard day for me because I hate leaving Disney so much. I found the at sea day hard too because I knew we were close to the end. If you saw someone break into tears in the middle of the ship, it was probably me. We didn't rebook onboard as I couldn't get DH to agree. We all loved it, it's just going to be a while before we get back and I think he figured if he let me book a dummy date I would have him scammed into keeping it! Oh well, one day we'll do it again. I miss it so much already!!

Hope you all enjoyed your cruise as much as we did!

So know what you mean. DH had to pry me from Donald in the lobby! I always cry at the end of every Vaca

We got home yesterday from Kidani. We had a great time at BLT too! We had a great cruise but I have to say that it wasn't as smoothly run as the Magic or the Wonder. I am hoping they will fix those things that weren't quite the same. That being said we would do it again.

Thx to all you creative people out there. So sorry we missed the meet.

Hi All!!

We just got back late last night too after having spent Thurs-Sun in the parks. Boy, did I have a serious case of PTD (post trip depression) today! Leaving 85 degrees and arriving to 23 degrees didn't help much either...nor did the massive mounds of snow that are still here!

THANK YOU, thank you ALL who participated in the exchange. I marveled at the creativity and was amazed how given the large size of our group- we had very little duplication. Magnets, pens, memo pads, cd, photo albums, frames, construction pics (way clever and thoughtful idea)...so fun...all of them!!! I loved the regional treats too.

My DD (age 13) was very appreciative of the 'girl gifts' that she got as part of the exchange AND the pals she had to hang out with at The Edge. Having that group of girls to connect with was a highlight of her trip.

We had wonderful time!! :thumbsup2

Now to start saving for our next cruise!

Best to all,
Liz

Can someone tell me how to post a new thread? I was looking to find someone who may have "stitch" mickey ears hat for trade or purchase and I was looking to find the "stitch" man who goes to WDW covered in stitch pins. We saw pictures of the hat but could not find one and cast members told us to look up the man but we can't find him/Users/cynthiaplatt/Desktop/DSC09109.JPG
Lauren spent the whole trip collecting stitch everything

Can someone tell me how to post a new thread? I was looking to find someone who may have "stitch" mickey ears hat for trade or purchase and I was looking to find the "stitch" man who goes to WDW covered in stitch pins. We saw pictures of the hat but could not find one and cast members told us to look up the man but we can't find him/Users/cynthiaplatt/Desktop/DSC09109.JPG
Lauren spent the whole trip collecting stitch everything

I would try eBay. Maybe try going to community section and you will see top left "new thread"

Just wanted to add my thanks to everyone for all the FE gifts we received. My daughters loved taking a bunch of gifts to deliver on their way to Vibe or wherever they happened to be going. It was fun waking up or coming back to find the pockets filled with all sorts of treats!

I have a funny story from the last day... I was delivering the last couple before I was supposed to meet my DH (lunch, maybe?). One of the stateroom hostesses stopped me and asked about the FE's, and if it was something run by Disney. She took me a few doors down to show me the DVC magnets on the door and asked if it was something like that. She explained that a couple of her rooms had been asking her about them, and how the kids felt left out because they wanted to do it it too, but they didn't know how to go about it. I told her about the disboards and she even wrote the website down on her cart so she could give them the info. I probably spent 10-15 minutes chatting with her and she apologized for taking up so much of my time (which wasn't necessary lol).

We had so much fun on the cruise and the B2B 3 day that followed, so we booked a dummy date. I'm not sure when we will be able to go since DD1 starts college in the fall and won't have the same time off as DD2. We really enjoyed a Feb vacation instead of our usual summer ones, so we'll have to see what they put out this spring for the end of 2012.

We had a very late flight out Sunday, so we went to US for a couple hours so the girls could go to the Harry Potter stuff. They were glad to do it, but also got US out of their system and said how much more they enjoyed WDW. Now onto the unpleasant task of unpacking and laundry!

Thanks again everyone!

Hi JAM113, was it you who put in the Red Hot Sauce and recipe? Thanks! We are looking forward to trying the recipe once I get back into the cooking thing! It was a very nice surprise for DH to find in the FE!

We just got back yesterday after being bumped off our flight out of Chicago and had to stay overnight (on United of course). We left the ship on Sunday and had a few days @ Port Orleans - Riverside. Very nice resort, we will stay there again someday.

For those of you who had kids who were too short for the Aquaduck, low and behold when we boarded for the B2B 3 day cruise they had changed the height from 48" to 42" but my 5 yr old son was still 1 millimeter too short!

I asked the guy who was setting up the tubes upstairs why they changed it and they said the request to lower the height had been in the works for a long time and they just finally got the ok to change it legally on the 24th.

They also dropped the 5pm dinner show and went back to only 2 shows a night. This was better as we were scheduled to have the 5pm show but never made it to any. We just waited to enter the theatre for the later shows and it wasn't a problem at all.

We didn't like the way they ran Cabanas as compared to Topsiders on the Magic and Wonder. Seemed to be a lot of confusion in there especially the first day when we entered in the middle of the buffet line and we weren't shown which way to start. We were told the next day to just squeeze in the line for whatever item you wanted but people thought you were just butting in line and we got the odd look of disgust. We are so used to standing in line that it was difficult to deviate from that way of thinking.

What do you guys think?

Very big ship and sometimes too many people. It was beautiful but not sure if we will do it again. May stick with the smaller ships.

Can't complain about the weather though it was incredible!!

Sorry we didn't get to meet anyone but our 13yr old had a great time with the friends she met and hopes to keep in touch with them.

Gord

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter