• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 2, 2008 Eastern early check in

That's a tough call. Your best bet might be inquiring if anyone here and in the group has interest in taking the Wingate Inn rez off of your hands (it sounds like you had to pay for the night in advance).

We're staying at friends of ours, and can't help, but that's a real good price, especially with it including breakfast. Is it near MCO or Port Canaveral?

Eddie

I didn't think about that... if the reservation is in my name, how would I be able to transfer it?

And yeah, it's an awesome price -- I was thrilled I won with that bid, but sooooo mad at myself that I didn't consider a Disney option. I thought of it for a moment, but we have stayed at all the other values, and it wasn't worth the $$ to me. Then I remembered Pop, saw all the pictures, read all the reviews, and now I want to stay there. :( The Wingate is by the airport, and they have free shuttle service, which was a big selling point for me.

My other option is to tack on one more night after the cruise -- but that will mean us flying home Monday and having to get up and go to work and school the next day. UGH. I try and always have a one-day cushion afterward. I'm going to try and see if my boss will let me take Tuesday as well. I was going to take the Friday before off and fly in early like we usually do, but I could work most of that day and fly in in the evening instead. That might appease my boss. (And help my paycheck, because I only have one week paid!)

You know, I think that is what I might do. Thanks a bunch, y'all, for letting me use you as a sounding board. :grouphug:

I'm sure you can call the hotel to change the name on the reservation. But if you can get the extra day, all the better!

Got it all worked out! Yay!! I'm going to work most of that Friday, then we'll fly in that evening and stay at the Wingate. After the cruise, we'll be at Pop Century for two nights, spending two days at Epcot and one day enjoying the resort before flying home Monday evening. Then we'll have Tuesday to recuperate. I was even able to call yesterday and lock in the AAA rate which shaved a nice amount off the total.

The hardest part is going to be keeping the secret!!! But it will be so worth it to see his face when we get off the ship and get to the airport, and I ask him if he's ready to go home. His answer is always a very sad "NO!," so this time I'll be able to smile and say, "Okay, then how about we get on this bus over here." :banana:

Oo, before I forget, I wanted to remind everyone to make sure that you don't have your Yahoo! Groups account set to "special announcements only." If you do, you're not getting any of the messages. A couple of kids have replied to the DIS-kid thread so far, but we have a ton of kids on this cruise! The more who jump in, the more new friends they'll all have by the time they set foot on the ship.

And we probably should start thinking seriously about meets! I think there was a thread already about that -- I'll go bring it back to the surface.

-gina-

Just put in my request to use DVC points for this cruise. So while we're not official yet, we plan to join you all on the Feb 2 cruise. We just went on the June 6 Mediterranean Cruise and loved it so much that we decided to join DVC when we got home. And now we're already trying to use those points for another cruise. :rotfl:

It's me, DH, DS (2 and turning 3 Feb 24, so hopefully he'll be able to stay in OC) and DS (4). And I'm trying to convince the grandparents to join us!

Good Luck! I hope you make our sailing. Look thru the posts and join our Yahoo group set up for this cruise. I have a DS who is 4 too. Maybe they will meet. ;)

Weren't able to get a room we wanted on this cruise, so we're going on another. Have a wonderful cruise everyone!!

Just put in my request to use DVC points for this cruise. So while we're not official yet, we plan to join you all on the Feb 2 cruise. We just went on the June 6 Mediterranean Cruise and loved it so much that we decided to join DVC when we got home. And now we're already trying to use those points for another cruise. :rotfl:

It's me, DH, DS (2 and turning 3 Feb 24, so hopefully he'll be able to stay in OC) and DS (4). And I'm trying to convince the grandparents to join us!

Greetings everyone. My wife (Perdie) and I just got off the 11 night MED cruise which was our first and had a blast. Prior to that cruise I booked the Feb 2nd cruise for my wife's 30th birthday, so now we are turning our attention to this cruise and are already counting the days. Can't wait!!! We'll see you all there.

DH and I will be cruisin too!!!! :boat: :boat: My DM and DD will also be joining us...:rolleyes1. We are on deck 1, rooms 1077 and 1048. An upgrade would be great, we were upgraded from cat 12 to cat 10 on our last cruise, but regardless we are SOOOOOO excited!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

We joind DVC on our first cruise 4/2007, so we are using the onboard discount and DVC points!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Only 159 days to go!!!!

Welcome to all the new folks who have (wisely) signed up for this cruise!! :woohoo:

Who else is ready to pack and just go wait at the airport? :thumbsup2

I'm going on this cruise with AZDisneyDan (my hubbie) for my 30th birthday and his 32nd birthday (one day apart!) Can't wait!!!!!!!!

:donald: :mickeyjum :boat:

I have an email address set up for our kids (I monitor all in/out email)

It has worked well on our last few cruises, and the kids found friends the instant they go ton the ship!

Kimberly is 12
Daniel is 10
Melanie is 8

The email address they can be reached at is:

Kids-Feb2008-DCL-Cruise@cox.net

I have their photo online as well if the kids want to see each other before we get there.

We are plannong on getting in the evening before and will be at the Hampton. We drop off the rental car and get to the port at 10 ish ........

We'll be joining you - First time Cruisers -

Just booked our plane tickets! Myself (37) DH (40) DS Kyle (11) and DD Jenna (8).

See you there!

The Magic is back!!! :goodvibes :dance3: It's hard to get excited for the cruise when the ship is not even porting in the US. I'm so glad she is back safe and sound.

I've been waiting patiently, Ok maybe not patiently, but waiting for Southwest to come out with airfare for the cruise. I was so disappointed when the flights down on Friday were not discounted at all! Since flying on Friday is a must for us in the NE, I had to pay FULL fare for the 4 of us. The only good thing is that it is refundable.

Hello All:

Just signed the family up for the Cruise of a lifetime. After dealing with Monsters, the Sky Falling, and those crazy Cars, I felt it was time I took the family on the Disney boat.

We are so looking forward to meeting everyone, and experiencing the true Disney adventure. I hope they have some PIXAR stuff around.

Take care all, and I will be watching!

Would anyone like to share a fishing boat Feb 1, 08 at 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. from the Grand Flordian? Total cost was $235 for the boat and will be divided by how many people want to go. The Boat will hold 5. I'd like to go fishing before the cruise!!! We are staying at POFQ.:fish:
Thanks in advance!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter