• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 2, 2008 Eastern early check in

This will be our 3rd February cruise and our 4th total on DCL. We just returned 1 1/2 weeks ago and it seems like forever since we were on board. :sad1:

I received my confirmation last night along with a postcard from Mickey telling us that he can't wait to see us on board real soon. My kids immediately responded with "it's a year away - that is NOT soon. I want to go back now"

My girls are 10 and 12 now and want to cruise every year on DCL - no other line even though they have only been on DCL. On our way to our Feb 3, 2007 cruise, DD12 was not as excited as I thought she would be. She said that she had such a good time on our April 06 cruise that she can't imagine this cruise being able to be as good since she had the best time of her life in April. Well, this weekend while we were out shopping, she told me that the Feb cruise was even BETTER than the last one. You can never underestimate that magic pixiedust:

My girls are 10 and 12 now and want to cruise every year on DCL - no other line even though they have only been on DCL. On our way to our Feb 3, 2007 cruise, DD12 was not as excited as I thought she would be. She said that she had such a good time on our April 06 cruise that she can't imagine this cruise being able to be as good since she had the best time of her life in April. Well, this weekend while we were out shopping, she told me that the Feb cruise was even BETTER than the last one. You can never underestimate that magic pixiedust:

That is sooooo true, and so hard to explain to "other" folks! Each time really is better and better. I guess your daughter will be in the teen club next time -- I bet she's excited about that!

I'm so glad there are more people joining this thread -- it's going to be such a fun year of planning!! :) My son's 11th birthday is this coming Saturday, and I got him a new dry snorkel. He is going to be SO excited. He has been envious of mine for a while, so he's going to be really happy. :)

-gina-

Yay, welcome!! Is your DS 12 now, or when you sail? Mine will be celebrating his 12th birthday onboard. He loves making new DIS friends as much as I do, and he will be *thrilled* to have someone sailing who is his age. What's your son's name? My son's is Tyler Dean.

-

Gina,

My DS is Alex and he will turn 12 in Sept 07. He was saying the other day "I hope I make a friend like last time we went." I told him sure you will. Maybe we can get them talking on the boards so they will know each other before we sail.

It must be so exciting to celebrate a birthday on the Magicparty:
What day will he turn the big "12"?

Gina,

My DS is Alex and he will turn 12 in Sept 07. He was saying the other day "I hope I make a friend like last time we went." I told him sure you will. Maybe we can get them talking on the boards so they will know each other before we sail.

It must be so exciting to celebrate a birthday on the Magicparty:
What day will he turn the big "12"?

He'll turn 12 on Feb. 24th, a few weeks after our cruise, but we'll still celebrate onboard. (Statewide TAKS testing is done in all schools that week every year, so we can't ever sail then.) We usually sail the first week of February, so he's gotten kinda spoiled by birthdays in the middle of the Caribbean surrounded by Disney friends. Poor kid. LOL :rolleyes:

I told him about Alex, and Tyler Dean's jazzed about the idea of having a friend before he even steps onboard. He said he's rather email than write here, so if that's okay with you too (and with Alex) I can PM you with Tyler Dean's email address.

Hey, on a different subject... did y'all see on a different thread where they ordered silicone bracelets for their DIS group? They said they got them at www.reminderband.com and I think it's such a neat idea!! They got lime green ones (of course) and had "Disney Magic" and the sail date embossed in a really pretty blue. They wore them all the time, and could instantly spot other members of their meet thread from the DIS boards. What do you guys think??

So what categories are you guys booked in? We're in a cat. 8 on deck 7 forward... but I'm hoping we're okay with just a big porthole. We've always done a Navigator's verandah room, and LOVE it, but it's $300 more than the cat. 8... and that's a lot of bingo and Malibu Coladas, you know? Still.... arggh, it's driving me crazy!

-gina-

Welcome aboard everyone! It's nice to see more people sailing with us.

(Now maybe we can keep the thread off of page 4 hehe)
We're off to spend 9 days at the Disneyland Resort so please keep the thread going.

Vicki

We are finally booked!! I received my confirmation e-mail and number this morning from my mom who is on the Magic. I am so excited to know that the wait of booking is over. Let the planning begin!! I am looking forward to cruising with all of you!

We are finally booked!! I received my confirmation e-mail and number this morning from my mom who is on the Magic. I am so excited to know that the wait of booking is over. Let the planning begin!! I am looking forward to cruising with all of you!

Woo hoo, congrats!! I love that feeling when you you finally are officially booked, and have that happy little confirmation number in-hand... :banana:

Anastasia ~ Tyler Dean sent Alex an email last night. I think it was just a couple of sentences, though -- you know how expressive 'tween boys can be... not! LOL But for him to send an email at all with basically no prodding from me lets me know how excited he is to already be making a friend before the cruise. That has been the highlight of our Disney cruises for him -- the DIS pals he has made ahead of time and the fun they have had onboard together. (Inseparable fun, usually!) I love it too -- I still keep in touch with several past DIS cruise friends.

-gina-

Glad to see others booking early! This is our 2nd Cruise with Disney. We shared the excitement that we encountered with family and friends. So, this year we are bringing them along for the Disney Cruise experience. The CAJUN GANG FROM LUZIAN :dance3:

Hoo boy, now I KNOW this is going to be fun, with a bunch of Cajuns in our midst!! :D

Welcome to the DIS!!!

-gina-

We are on Deck 2. Some of us in Cat 9 and some in Cat 10. We are next to each other and across the hall. One family that recently booked is down about 4 rooms from us, but still nearby. We are looking forward to meeting everyone. :cheer2:

Hoo boy, now I KNOW this is going to be fun, with a bunch of Cajuns in our midst!! :D

Welcome to the DIS!!!

-gina-

Gina,

This is our 2nd Cruise on the Magic. Last Cruise 2006 Western. My sister will be sailing with us on the Cruise. She is a single mom (40) also with a son seth (10). The rest of the CAJUN GANG FROM LUZIAN my stepdaught (24) son-n-law ( 25) grandchildren (3)and (7). Another sister (28) her husband (26) and their children (3) and (10) Hope this year goes quickly.party:

Peggy

That's so cool, Peggy! I'm 40 too, and my son was 10 until just today. :) Sounds like the boys on our cruise are going to have lots of new DIS friends!

-gina-

We'll be there too: me (42), Betty (40), and the kids (11, 7, and 3). Third DCL cruise - 2nd Eastern. Can't wait!

Glad to see others booking early! This is our 2nd Cruise with Disney. We shared the excitement that we encountered with family and friends. So, this year we are bringing them along for the Disney Cruise experience. The CAJUN GANG FROM LUZIAN :dance3:

Another Cajun here. This is our 2nd Disney Cruise :goodvibes also. When did yall go in 2006. We were on the Feb. 2006 cruise 7-night Western (Mardi Gras Week)
We just got back from the KTDY cruise in Jan. Over 700 cajuns on that one. What a blastparty:

You are clearly not alone - DCL reservations told me that I booked the last two connecting verandah rooms on the 6th deck. Also- the early dinner seating is booked!

I have two girls- who will be 4 and 8 in Feb 2008.

Best,

Kathy

Welcome, Kathy!! :wave2: Have you sailed with Disney before?

Glad to have you along!

-gina-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter