• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 17, 2007

:headache: Have been stressed to the limit trying to pack, snapping at my son, getting last minute details done when all of a sudden I realize....

This time tomorrow I'll be in ORLANDO!!!! :banana: :yay:

I'm just finishing up from work . . . ughhhh. I'll have to wake up early to pack and then go off to get my haircut. We don't leave home until 5 PM so I should have plenty of time to do my last minute errands.

I'm so glad Christime made it to the train!!!

Bring your jackets for our Mickey Pool meet. We probably should have set a different location since it will be cold but its too late now.

Well I was basically done packing at 11:08pm. However once I laid my head on the pillow I could not close my eyes! way to excited-stressed to sleep. I stayed awake until 1am when I swore I would get back up and finish a few things...I never saw 1am on the clock but it was close. But alas, my DS4.5 woke to go potty at 3am turning on every single light upstairs.

Here it is 5:55 am and I'm on the computer for some crazy reason - I'm sure you can all relate!

See you very very very very soon!
GA:dance3:

I have been up since 3 am too, my 2 year old needed some extra Mommy time I guess, since she is not coming on this trip. I have the suitcases open doing the final check and washing sheets and any other clothes staying behind.

We are flying out at 11:30 today. :cool1: :dance3: :cheer2:

I had no trouble falling asleep but dh had an alarm set for 5:30 this morning! ARGHHHH

He got up to pee and is back in bed but now I'm awake and tired.

Safe travels to everyone today.

Couldn't sleep either. Got a last minute list about a mile long to do before our flight leaves out at 5pm. Procrastinating is definitely hard on body and soul. Won't be completely relaxed til my son and I and ALL our luggage are safely onboard. :scared:

Wishing everyone a safe journey and looking forward to meeting you tomorrow!! :goodvibes

Leaving to work 1/2 day soon. I have to take animals to the kennel and stop for a few last minute things, and then remember to drive to BDL, not Providence. I worked late last night, and for the first time, forgot to log onto SWA right away. I can't believe it we got "B" boarding passes. Oh the horrors! As DH says "Not really a big deal," but I'll have to relinquish my title as an SWA princess, I guess.

Hope everyones travels are uneventful. See you with my Jacket on at the pool @ 3:00.

Evelyn

I made it. We just settled into our room at the Radisson. Whew . . . long day. We could switch to the 10 AM shuttle but decided to stick with the 11:30 so that we can do our shopping in the morning and not be pressed to wake up at the crack of dawn.

Its colder in Louisiana than here so all is good in the world.

Can't wait to see everyone.

Lisa

yea lisa. we will see you soon, I told everyone to sleep in and was completely awake at 6:00 why can't I do that when I have to go to work. It is beautiful out but cool.

Okay guys . . . here are the pics that I have so far of the disboard cruisers!

They are at http://lneal.com/dis1

Once we're home, I'll upload the full resolution images so that if anyone wants to download a particular image, you'll have a decent sized file to reproduce.

I love running into all of you around the ship!!!

Lisa

Once we're home, I'll upload the full resolution images so that if anyone wants to download a particular image, you'll have a decent sized file to reproduce.

Lisa

Thanks for sharing.....I'm SOOOOOO jealous.....

Lisa

great picts Lisa!! I am so jealous that you are still there and I am home and actually had to MAKE dinner!!
I have a few good ones of you and the magician. I'll get them uploaded and send them out. Please post more when you get home, I know the internet is s l o w onboard.
Have a great second week!@!

And..sniff, sniff, thatnks for everyone's good wishes and pixie dust. We surely got to Florida on Tinkerbell's wings!

Dave told me to let you all know that he is cold. He's not happy about it either. I hope everyone has/had a good safe trip home, wherever that may be.

Did anyone else rebook? We are planning Feb 2009 Presdent's week-hoping for a western...

Hey Sue!!! and everyone else!

I'm so sad here without all you guys!

Our dismeet was the greatest thing on day 1. It gave us all a kinshp so that we were able to enjoy all the events that we went to with the rest of you -- totally unplanned.

This week's disboarders didn't have a meet set up and they just don't know what they are missing out on.

We're on the late seating LAP and its ALL OLD PEOPLE!!

There are tons of small kids and lots of old folks. The cruise is completely booked. There were no rooms for upgrade AT ALL.

Thanks to all of you that made our week an enjoyable one. We're missing you guys more than you know.

Courtney and Kelli made it home in one piece. Before they went to the house, of course, they stopped at the baseball game so Courtney could watch Drey. Those two girls are in heaven being back home.

Oh -- Harry -- Ed thought for sure he heard your voice in Diversions last night! He was looking all around to see if you decided to stay.

Love you guys!

Enjoy week # 2 Lisa-we are with you in spirit!!
I have the rocking sensation pretty bad. I can't imagine what you'll be like after 2 weeks, LOL!:rotfl:

What was the ship like yesterday before the new group boarded?

I miss everyone too. It was so nice bumping into everyone in the halls, the clubs, the shows, etc... My kids had the best time and made many new friends-they took lots of addresses and e-mail addresses home.

we are still on the train going home, it was great meeting aoll of you, and so much fun to run into people during the cruise, we stopped at Downtown Disney to go shopping yesterday, and it was really tough to pay for food.....
Lisa, tell us all about your experience staying on board, when we saw you when we were disembarking, I was ready to go back on board with you.
We rebooked on board for a future cruise, not before 2009 probably.
It really was a great cruise, and we were so lucky with the weather.

We rebooked on board for a future cruise, not before 2009 probably.
It really was a great cruise, and we were so lucky with the weather.

We rebooked too, planning on 2/2009, hoping for a western or we'll bump it again.

The weather was great! Pirate Night was a bummer, but Chris and I had a great time dancing in the rain! I was psyched we got to see the fireworks on Thursday night. That was so unique! Have a safe rest of your trip Christine!
I am about 1/2 unpacked, 2 loads of clothes done, groceries done (I really hated that task--but bought a pineapple, canteloupe, red grapes... and I am cutting it up so I can have my cruise breakfast for a few days (minus the Mickey waffle w/strawberries and cream and bacon))
I do not like reality, but realized how lucky we were to go away. There were a lot of very crabby, pasty looking people in the grocery store. The only ones in a good mood seemed to have a tan...

Sue, I completely know how you feel about the fresh fruit (we enjoyed that too!) Although I gained weight on the cruise so I enjoyed more than just fruit. I keep telling Mike that we can move to St. Thomas, he can be a taxi truck driver and I can braid hair :rotfl: It was great to have "friends" to run into during our cruise and I am glad we discovered the disboards.
Donna

We arrived back in Massachusetts Sunday afternoon. We visited Kennedy Space Center for the first time on Saturday after we left the ship. Wow, what a shock going to KSC and the lack of Disney service.

We woke up this morning to a two hour snow delay. Probably a good way for the kids to ease back into school reality but not a good way to be welcomed back to winter in MA.

We both thought our kids would have used the Oceaneer Clubs more often. Brandon thought they were too restrictive, you had to do whatever activity that was currently going on. He's not into art projects so if that was the activity he would get bored. Rebecca was too shy to get to warm up to anyone and make friends so she wasn't excited to go back to the kids club. They both had an awesome time however.

Sue, Brandon really enjoyed spending time with Chris. In fact one morning we set our phone for a 6:00 AM wake up call and Brandon leaped and fell out of bed trying to get to the phone thinking it was Chris calling him. :rotfl2:

I have a picture I took of Brandon, Chris, and Garret out on our verandah that I'll have to send you.

We are booked on Royal Carribbean's Liberty of the Seas for next April's school vacation. We'll have to compare ships and decide which to choose if we want to cruise after 2008.

Last night was Match Your Mate and I know you would all agree with me that no couple could top last week's "Spaceship Earth" couple! Trent kept saying to the three couples . . . . "in 5 days you'll never see these people again!" and I kept thinking about how unhappy that poor guy from last week looked all week after his introduction to the rest of the cruisers in MYM!

Our weather is cloudy today and the whole ship is cold. Seas are great. I had a pedicure this morning and we did the spa villas yesterday afternoon. We actually did the spa during sunset hours and it provided a wonderful view of the city lights after dark! Today we're doing Palo Brunch #2 of this cruise. I think I might actually go to one of the shopping meets today since I still need to buy a watch.

It just wasn't the same walking into Rockin Bar D last night and none of you were there to sit with. When I say there are OLD people on the ship this sailing, I'm truly not exaggerating! There were two couples married 50 years in there last night!

Missing you guys tremendously!

OH --- Courtney had a seizure in the emergency room of the hospital yesterday. Talk about sending her older sister into a panic. Courtney said her shoulders got heavy so she sat down and put her head on her arm. The next thing that happened was she was blacked out wiht her head to the side, her eyes rolled back and her arms shaking. Michelle ran to the nurses station to get help. They were able to bring her around and she had no idea what happened. I was in Palo Brunch at the time and didn't have my phone on me. By the time I got a message from Michelle, Courtney had already left the hospital and refused treatment! I'm gonna wring her neck! They were at the ER because my granddaughter was having a 104.7 degree fever with vomitting. I'll have Courtney completely checked out as soon as I return home and we're hoping nothing else will happen before then. So now, she is staying with my oldest daughter until I return home on Saturday.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter