• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 17, 2007

Wow, I don't think any of us are going to get any work done in the next week, besides the packing that is. I am sitting at work right now reading this forum instead of working. I just keep counting the days until we leave and my 6 year old dd too, she can now grasp the concept of how soon the cruise is.

Crab Cakes, Flying fish cafe

INGREDIENTS

6 cups soft fresh bread crumbs
1 pound lump crab meat, picked over
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1/2 cup each finely chopped red and green bell pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped scallions
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 poblano chile, trimmed, seeded, and minced
4 large egg yolks
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 3/4 teaspoons salt, or to taste
1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground pepper, or to taste
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup all-purpose flour
5 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying

METHOD

1. In a large bowl, stir together 2 cups of the bread crumbs, the crab, red onioins, bell peppers, scallions, mayo, poblano chili, egg yolks, lemon juice, parsley, 3/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. black pepper, and cayenne.

2. Form 28 crabcakes, using about 2 TB crab mixture for each, shaping to about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.

3. On a plate, stir together the flour and the remaining 1 tsp. salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, with a fork, lightly beat the eggs. Place the remaining bread crumbs on a plate.

4. Dip each crabcake into the flour, shaking off the excess, then into the egg, shaking off the excess, and finally into the breadcrumbs, shaking off the excess. Place the crab cakes on a baking rack.

5. In a 12-inch skillet, heat 1/4 cup of the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the crab cakes, in batches, and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until browned and crisp. As the crab cakes are cooked, remove them with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; keep warm. Repeat to cook the remaining crab cakes, adding more oil as necessary. Serve with Chili Remoulade.

Chili Remoulade
INGREDIENTS
2 teaspoons chili powder, preferably ancho
2 teaspoons water
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickles
2 Tablespoons drained capers, chopped
2 Tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
2 Tablespoons snipped fresh chives
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste

METHOD

1. In a small bowl, combine the chili powder with the water and let stand for 10 minutes.

2. In a mixing bowl, combine the chili mixture with the remaining ingredients.

3. Use immediately, or store, covered and chilled

mmmmmm, will add those ingredients to my gorcery list for after the trip!! Thanks much!!

I have some extra hours today to fill--I was going shopping w/DS15, but he has to work on a school project due MOnday, so those plans are shot...I guess I'll get my other two boys packed up. They have a half day, so we should be able to get a good chunk done.

I have some extra hours today to fill--I was going shopping w/DS15, but he has to work on a school project due MOnday, so those plans are shot...I guess I'll get my other two boys packed up. They have a half day, so we should be able to get a good chunk done.

And while you're at it, would ya mind getting my boy packed up too? ;) :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue (mom of 3 boys!)

And while you're at it, would ya mind getting my boy packed up too?

Mine too... I have two DS's.....

Snowing here, but not a lot. Suppose to snow right thru the weekend and into next week. :eek: Good thing it seems nothing too major that is going to stop us from leaving on Tuesday....

And yes, I am not working all that hard either. One more day of work then vacation time....:cool1: :woohoo:
Pam

:welcome: Welcome to Cadsburymom. Does your name mean your are a chocolate lover? Christine, the crabcakes sound yummy, but I too am intimidated by the long list of ingredients. Someone posted the recipe for the Palo chocolate souffle on another thread. I thought that would be fun to make after we come back. I have been harping on my girls to not get sick, take these vitamins, wash your hands...and who is lying in bed sick? My DH...Did I read somewhere that we need to get tickets to the wine tasting? Is that to be done on the first day or later?

:welcome: Welcome to Cadsburymom. Does your name mean your are a chocolate lover? Christine, the crabcakes sound yummy, but I too am intimidated by the long list of ingredients. Someone posted the recipe for the Palo chocolate souffle on another thread. I thought that would be fun to make after we come back. I have been harping on my girls to not get sick, take these vitamins, wash your hands...and who is lying in bed sick? My DH...Did I read somewhere that we need to get tickets to the wine tasting? Is that to be done on the first day or later?
Thank you for your kind welcome and YES it refers to chocolate! :teeth:

Cadbury chocolate of course(but only the kind made in England) and my favorite Chocolate Lab of the same name who is now in dog heaven but forever in my heart. :dog: paw:

The Palo souffle is AWESOME but unfortunately I got caught up in the online rsvn mess last Nov and was unable to get rsvns, or at least I thought I couldn't and then all of a sudden after they claimed to have been full, they allowed others to book. I was so surprised and completely frustrated with the whole thing. I think it was a computer problem but it's too late now and what's done is done. Besides, I've had luck in previous years making reservations on the first day of the cruise and if not, then that's fine too. No way anyone could ever starve on the Magic, that's for sure. I'll be on VACATION and THAT's what matters most....

I do love their Afternoon Tea so hopefully I'll get lucky with that :)

Sending pixie dust in hopes your DH is feeling better soon and doesn't spread it to the rest of you! :wizard:

And I think you have to go to Guest Services the first day of the cruise to get tkts for the different tastings. At least that's whats been done in the past. I'm getting so excited I can barely stand it! :goodvibes

Wow, I don't think any of us are going to get any work done in the next week, besides the packing that is. I am sitting at work right now reading this forum instead of working. I just keep counting the days until we leave and my 6 year old dd too, she can now grasp the concept of how soon the cruise is.
Hi All,

I have to addmit that I haven't and my boss doesn't expect me to work hard today. She was so wonderful and took me to lunch and gave me some drinking money. Don't tell my soon to be DH but she wants me to spoil myself and I'm going to. We are almost ready to go but I will probably up till late finishing up and cleaning house. A co-worker is house/dog sitting and I don't want her to be in a dirty house. I'm a little "Anal" that way. It drives the men in my life crazy.

This will probably be my last post but I will try and check it to get updates. I would love to know all the information about the "cadburysmom" group. It sounds like mom is going to be a fun addition to our group.

? are we putting our names on the Mickey paint chips? Maybe our names with our posting name?

I will have pictures of the wedding to show and stories to tell.

I hope you all have safe and uneventfull trips to Orlando.

We actually get the train in Lorton VA, just outside of Washington, DC, we leave at 4:00 p.m., and end up in Sanford FL (just outside of Orlando) at 8:30 a.m. the next day, we have done it a few times and have really enjoyed it, you get dinner in the dining car, and we have a sleeper so it is fairly comfy. Flying from where we leave makes me very nervous in February, and the week of President's week we cannot find good airfare. We used to drive and taking the train is a great improvement.....

Is it AmTrak? I just have never heard of auto train? do you bring your car too?

Thank you for your kind welcome and YES it refers to chocolate! :teeth:

Cadbury chocolate of course(but only the kind made in England) and my favorite Chocolate Lab of the same name who is now in dog heaven but forever in my heart. :dog: paw:

The Palo souffle is AWESOME but unfortunately I got caught up in the online rsvn mess last Nov and was unable to get rsvns, or at least I thought I couldn't and then all of a sudden after they claimed to have been full, they allowed others to book. I was so surprised and completely frustrated with the whole thing. I think it was a computer problem but it's too late now and what's done is done. Besides, I've had luck in previous years making reservations on the first day of the cruise and if not, then that's fine too. No way anyone could ever starve on the Magic, that's for sure. I'll be on VACATION and THAT's what matters most....

I do love their Afternoon Tea so hopefully I'll get lucky with that :)

Me too I don't have ressies for Palo either even for brunch- I guess we will meet in line the first day....

Hi All,

I have to addmit that I haven't and my boss doesn't expect me to work hard today. She was so wonderful and took me to lunch and gave me some drinking money. Don't tell my soon to be DH but she wants me to spoil myself and I'm going to. We are almost ready to go but I will probably up till late finishing up and cleaning house. A co-worker is house/dog sitting and I don't want her to be in a dirty house. I'm a little "Anal" that way. It drives the men in my life crazy.

This will probably be my last post but I will try and check it to get updates. I would love to know all the information about the "cadburysmom" group. It sounds like mom is going to be a fun addition to our group.

? are we putting our names on the Mickey paint chips? Maybe our names with our posting name?

I will have pictures of the wedding to show and stories to tell.

I hope you all have safe and uneventfull trips to Orlando.

Have an awesome wedding! I am so stressed trying to get the 6 of packed. I don't know how you can do a wedding too! YIKES!

We actually get the train in Lorton VA, just outside of Washington, DC, we leave at 4:00 p.m., and end up in Sanford FL (just outside of Orlando) at 8:30 a.m. the next day, we have done it a few times and have really enjoyed it, you get dinner in the dining car, and we have a sleeper so it is fairly comfy. Flying from where we leave makes me very nervous in February, and the week of President's week we cannot find good airfare. We used to drive and taking the train is a great improvement.....

I didn't know you were taking the Auto Train. We live pretty close to it and have some friends in Lorton. Enjoy the trip!

I'm away from the computer for 24 hrs and look what happens! like 4 more pages!

OK who's packing for me? I have sooo much to do between now and then! I have to keep a list so I can stay on task...you all remember my swimming dream!!!:dance3:

I have a major school fundraiser sat night, 2 b'day parties, and 2 valentine's parties. Somebody please stop me from volunteering myself. :crazy2: I'll need plenty of this! :coffee: but next week it will have bailey's in it!!!!!

It is bitter cold outside I need to move!

I suspect I'll be packing Thursday night into the wee hours. I can't wait to meet everyone! 3pm mickey pool!

:dance3: Glory-Anne:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter