• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 17, 2007

Anyone else anxious to start packing. I went shopping yesterday bought all my travel size, soap, shampoo, etc, sunscreen.

Anyone else anxious to start packing. I went shopping yesterday bought all my travel size, soap, shampoo, etc, sunscreen.

What do you mean start packing, you are not done yet??
Just kidding, I have started to put things aside, I have a laundry basket where all of the cruise things go, I also have bought I think everything we need.
we still have sunscreen from last summer, and as we are driving, well taking the train but the car goes with us, I do not have to worry about size.

My dinning room table is covered with stuff to pack. Everytime I think of something we need it goes there. It's the only way I can keep my head straight. Glad to know I'm not alone..

Evelyn

I vote for renaming the dining room table to something more like "This is where I STACK anything I need for my up-coming vacation" table!:rotfl:

I been moving stuff from side to side - now it's just all over - I've lost track of what I have on it! Hey it will be a little suprise for me when packing - oh yeah I remember when I bought that...

I forgot no brown truck for me my stuff is going to my TA. I could have done the stuff myself but being our first cruise and during a huge school break, I didn't want to mess anything up! oh well next time!

oh my gosh I can't wait!!!
Glory-Anne:yay:

I am glad to see that I am not the only one that has been making piles of stuff to pack. I now have so much stuff out that I have thrown it all into the suitcase until I am ready to pack it next weekend.

Sue:

I was surprised to check the thread and you haven't posted yet this morning. You're our resident earlybird!

Good morning all!

Lisa

Hi All!
Here's the list of movies playing for our cruise. I called and this is the list the CM gave me:

Cars
DejaVu
Pirates of the Carribean (DMC)
Prestige
The Guardian
Stick It
Step Up
The Wild
Invinsible

She said to check the Navigators for times, etc, and for any changes because "they are subject to additions or deletions." I asked about "The Bridge to Teribithia," and she said it opens on 2/16 in theaters (already knew that) and said it's possible, but not on the list yet. My kids are anxious to see that one, so I hope we get to see it.
As for me, there are a few I'd like to see if there's nothing better to do. (Do they allow margaritas in the theater? I'd much rather have that and a snack from Plutos than popcorn ;)

(Lisa-LOL!--I AM an early bird! One of my favorite times on the ship is sneaking up to the deck 9 drink station and getting a coffe before anyone else is up.:) )

Thanks for getting that! I haven't seen Cars yet, and hope Bridge to Teribithia makes it. I would also watch the Guardian again.

Thanks for posting the movies. Does anyone know if they serve Nachos on the Magic. When I was on the Wonder last year I use to take Nachos in to watch movies. But I think that they don't serve them on the Magic. Anyone know?

Sue, thanks for listing the movies, we have not seen any of them, so it will be fun to watch a few, my girls are also really that brigde to..... plays when we are on board. I know that as long as it is a Disney movie, the show them at 12:01 a.m. on the day they are released, so we should be in luck.
It is so cold today, I can't wait for warm weather.

Sue,
Thank you for all your time you put into "the list". We are anxiously counting down the days!! I have my girls taking vitamins and I bought some Airborne, just in case anyone starts to catch something. Working at an elementary I see a lot of sick kids, fevers have been lasting up to a week (this makes me a little germ phobic, if a student uses my phone, I clorox wipe it as they are handing it back to me and say "No offense":rotfl: I am making my girls try on all clothing this week. Olivia said she had plenty of shorts but when she started trying them on she realized she has outgrown most of them. Back to the mall...

Sue thanks for doing the list. Looks great... Will be great to meet everyone on board. Not long now....

Seems everyone is in the same vote as me. little piles growing to big piles of things we cann't forget to bring.. :lmao: :rotfl:

I too had the boys check today that the shorts and tee's still fit. Seems they grow taller by the minute.... I never thought I was a short person, but am the shortest in the house now... :scared1:

Lisa, I finally went and got the new camera this weekend. :cool1: It's great. but I may need a few pointers.... maybe over a drink by the pool?? :rolleyes1

Only one more week of work and then vacation time..... Been waiting so long, can hardly believe it is almost here....

:banana: :yay: :cheer2:

My counter says 9 days, and so does the thermometer outside my kitchen window :cold:

I better get my kids to try on clothes. They are growing so fast, and I want to pack this weekend...The only problem is no stores have shorts yet--still getting rid of their winter stuff...

Yeah!!! No school today due to the wind chill temp (-20). Might take a trip to the stores to shop for the trip. I found shorts for myself at JCPenny's in the Misses dept, don't know if the kids/jrs dept had them too.

It's official - my mind is on vacation!!!

I had a dream where we were all doing synchronized swimming in the adult pool this morning! We looked pretty good! I don't recall the color of our suits but they must have been alien green!

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:
Glory-Anne

I wish we had a wind chill day!! Now it's 4 degrees without the wind, and there is a steady breeze. Bone chilling today. I am lighting a fire for sure!
We have 2 half days this week for parent conferences, and I don't have to be there because I'm not covering anyone long term right now :) . I scheduled my kids all before 2:00, and we were planning to go tubing, but if it stays this cold, we will be hitting the stores for last minute cruise stuff.
I have joined the packing crew! :thumbsup2 A while back I put everything from the table up in my room. Now the boxes in my room have migrated back to the dining room table, and now each person has a designated box for miscellaneous stuff. The suitcases are on the floor, and we are starting to pack them. I will probably do a lot of mine today. I'm sure DH will do his next Tuesday night:confused3, but he has a packing list so he's all set.

It's official - my mind is on vacation!!!

I had a dream where we were all doing synchronized swimming in the adult pool this morning! We looked pretty good! I don't recall the color of our suits but they must have been alien green!

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:
Glory-Anne

This must be what they mean by Disney Dreams!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

My kids have the day off from school tomorrow, I am taking the day off to be with them, so we will start packing. It is so cold here, with the wind chill factor in the minus something I can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter