• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 17, 2007

Planning on shopping for some cruise clothes this weekend. It's a little hard to think of shorts and bathing suits when I am freezing!! At least I hope some stores will have shorts out. We also are going to work on our door sign. Won't be as fancy as some I've seen posted but the girls want to give it a try. I was thinking of putting some magnets on the back of the mickey heads from Home Depot and putting them on the door.:earsboy: Is anyone else making a door sign?

Planning on shopping for some cruise clothes this weekend. It's a little hard to think of shorts and bathing suits when I am freezing!! At least I hope some stores will have shorts out. We also are going to work on our door sign. Won't be as fancy as some I've seen posted but the girls want to give it a try. I was thinking of putting some magnets on the back of the mickey heads from Home Depot and putting them on the door.:earsboy: Is anyone else making a door sign?

I am not sure yet about our doors, but I am also planning on using some Mickey heads somehow.

I tried to go shopping today, but had no luck. All that was in the stores was clearance from the winter stuff...I am going to drag DH out tomorrow night and try again.

Thanks for the offer of getting the lime mickey heads, Sue. I went to Home Depot after work today and they had some. What really shocked me, was they had lots of very color except the Alien Green ones. I sure hope it is because they are more people than I orginal thought on this board from my neck of the woods and not people who are hoping to paint rooms that color...:eek:

Lisa, gald everything is fine for the moment. How terrible to have to go thru the worry, so close to a well planned vacation...

I only two more weeks of work and then on vacation...:woohoo: :yay: The wrist bands are a good idea. I am not sure if we would get them in time. Our mail service has not been that great.

We are leaving on the Tuesday before we board. We wanted to make sure we get there and will enjoy some of WDW before hand.

I am hoping to get a sign done for the doors. DSls are actually getting right into the idea. Might leave it to them to design something...

Have a great weekend everyone.

we have not made a door sign in the past, just put a picture that we liked (not of us) to recognize the room, it should come in handy especially after the martini tasting:lmao:

So are we going to meet at the wine tasting and the martini tasting, my husband is ready to do any tasting available, beer also, he will join any husband willing to go.

Please excuse me while I take time out from a CRAZY morning with 3 kids going in every direction while I do a happy 21 days to the cruise dance!!!!!
:banana: :woohoo: :cool1: :cool1: :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :cool1: :cool1: :woohoo: :cool1::cool1: :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :cool1: :cool1::woohoo: :banana:

(I just had to do that. It helps to let it out on occasion ;) )

PhotoLisa: Yet again, thanks for the info on the tastings. I will try to get into the wine tasting Sunday, the margarita tastng, and maybe for DH, a beer tasting.

We have a spa treatment booked early for Thursday, but nothing that should interfere with tastings.

I don't know if anyone was planning on using the Internet with the unlimited package. If so, there is a thread running right now on the board from someone on the Wonder that informed us that unlimited is no longer an option!

Courtney is crushed because that means that she won't be able to chat with her boyfriend like she thought she would be able to. Those two are ALWAYS together, especially during school holidays and he is started to get depressed because she'll be gone for 8 days.

The package of minutes that you purchase for Internet can be used alternately between laptop and the Internet cafes onboard. What I don't like is that for 250 minutes on the Magic, the cost is $100 while onboard the Wonder the same package is just $75! If you're selling by the minute, it shouldn't matter how many days you have to use it!

I don't know if anyone was planning on using the Internet with the unlimited package. If so, there is a thread running right now on the board from someone on the Wonder that informed us that unlimited is no longer an option!

Courtney is crushed because that means that she won't be able to chat with her boyfriend like she thought she would be able to. Those two are ALWAYS together, especially during school holidays and he is started to get depressed because she'll be gone for 8 days.

The package of minutes that you purchase for Internet can be used alternately between laptop and the Internet cafes onboard. What I don't like is that for 250 minutes on the Magic, the cost is $100 while onboard the Wonder the same package is just $75! If you're selling by the minute, it shouldn't matter how many days you have to use it!

I know, I have been watching that thread too. It does seem like DCL is trying to nickel and dime people here. It won't be so much of an issue for us, but I know many have come to rely on it being available. It really doesn't seem right that it costs more on one ship than on another. I wonder what the reasoning is??

Has anyone checked to see what movies will be playing when we sail? or is it too early?

I planned on PMing someone reporting in to ask them but edmartin just emailed his navigators from the last western to Barb at castawayclub.com and wdwinfo.com so those should be posted soon.

We will all be on the ship. I hope to be all unpacked, have the nesessary items sent to be pressed, and be sitting somewhere with a nice frozen concoction in my hands. You'll recognize me by the silly grin on my face:teeth:

I still have not told my husband about the unlimited internet, I think that he is probably going to be fairly annoyed with that. He does like to keep in touch with work, and I have learned that it is better to let him do it. I guess 250 minutes might work for him anyways. I feel very content without checking anything with work while I am away, so for me no issues.
Sue, I will right there with you in 3 weeks, with now my second or third drink and a really silly grin. (by the way I really do not drink that much in real life:) )

What time is everyone getting to the port? We are arriving at 10:00. Our rental car is due back to Budget by 9:30 AM, so we'll have breakfast at the hotel and we are on our way!

I think we're on the 11:30 shuttle. We were going to wait until 1:30 but I need to switch those Palo ressies from 2 to 4.

We will be there at 10:00, we are driving our car, so it just is a matter of getting there.
I know that we will be antsy to get there, and we can get the kids checked into the club while we wait.

Lisa, I am just reading thru the last posts and began to pray for you. I do hope everything is okay in the end.

On a side note... I never could get reservations at Palo. If I can get some when is a good time and day?

Can't believe we will be on that ship so soon!!

Lisa, I am just reading thru the last posts and began to pray for you. I do hope everything is okay in the end.

On a side note... I never could get reservations at Palo. If I can get some when is a good time and day?

Can't believe we will be on that ship so soon!!

If you're booking Palo brunch, make it late enough to be sure it doesn't interfere with your character breakfast which will be on the first sea morning after you eat at Animators at dinner for the first time.

If you're booking Palo dinner, almost any night is good except for the Pirate Party night. If you're doing the shows with your kids, you might prefer to book it on a port night since those nights there are no production shows.

Thanks for the prayers. For the time being, I'm okay. Let's just hope I can say that after we're back from the cruise and I have my colonoscopy done.

We are going to the port from POFQ. I believe I read the bus usually picks up around 11:30, so I figure we will be at the port just before 1.

Sue and Christine I will come find you and join you for a drink!!!

So are we going to meet at the wine tasting and the martini tasting, my husband is ready to do any tasting available, beer also, he will join any husband willing to go.

Christine, my DH will be glad to join yours for beer tasting. Beer is not my thing..

21 Days, can hardly wait..... :banana: :woohoo: :yay:

Great we can organize a husband meet!!!!!!!!

I also would not book Palo, on Captain's dinner night, which is Thursday night, but that is because my daughter loves lobster and she would really be mad at me, anytime is great for brunch, and I actually think that I like brunch better than dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter