• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 17, 2007

:banana: 39 days!!:banana:

Another milestone!!

Debbie-it will all fall into place, just enjoy. Mistakes are the things you will laugh about--like when our priest called my DH Donald instead of Dave (we were married in my church). On the video we are all looking shell shocked, but being the take charge person, I was the one who corrected him. We still laugh about it now, and wonder if our marriage would have been legal, LOL.
You are so lucky to be getting married in the world! Just being there will make your day extra special. I can't wait to hear about it.
Thanks Sue,

I know that we will have a lot of fun and that is the most important thing. At my age, you would think that I could learn that I can only suggest and request and then let it go from there. It will be so much fun to post our 2 week trip and pictures.

Don't know if anyone noticed, but they have announced FL resident rates for our cruise. SO...if you qualify, you might want to check on your booking and see if the FL resident thing is a better deal (you will lose any discount/onboard rebooking credit).

I checked availability....the DCL site gives me the choice of 8 rooms in each category (4-11) except one (which is gty.) I just like sailing when there are fewer guests on the ship (call me spoiled). Oh well...no room assignment for this cruiser yet.

Don't know if anyone noticed, but they have announced FL resident rates for our cruise. SO...if you qualify, you might want to check on your booking and see if the FL resident thing is a better deal (you will lose any discount/onboard rebooking credit).

I checked availability....the DCL site gives me the choice of 8 rooms in each category (4-11) except one (which is gty.) I just like sailing when there are fewer guests on the ship (call me spoiled). Oh well...no room assignment for this cruiser yet.
I liked it when I took my sons years ago on a 4 day DCL cruise. It was the early part of November and the ship was less then 1/2 full. It sounds like this cruise will be full.

Why is it that you don't have a room assignment yet?

Several years ago, we did an off season cruise. The ship was technically "full," but there was a whole section of deck 7 closed for refurbishing....don't know how many cruisers were actually on board.

I don't have a cabin assignment because I booked gty....so expect assignment about 30 days before sailing.

We've sailed 2 cruises where the ship was totally at capacity, and many when it wasn't even close. DCL manages to spread out the guests pretty well so that it never really felt full. However, you can notice differences in the number of kids and the ability to get ressies, spa appointments, etc.

I didn't book my cruise until September and it has always showed 8 rooms in each category. I think that is a default thing on the website at a certain point.

I am very certain that the same cat 6 rooms have been available ever since we booked our 2nd week at the end of November. It cannot be a coincidence that not a single cat 6 room has been booked in 2 months, can it?

I've been watching the number of rooms since September and its always 8 in every category.

Lisa have you updated the kids list yet? I really want to surprise my kids with this great pillow case or T shirt....

I'm hoping to work on them this coming week. The Sugarbowl kicked my butt last week . . . still recovering, I think.

We always cruise in February with a full ship, generally you really don't feel the crowds, except at the Mickey Pool;)
I cannot believe that for some of us, it is coming so soon, with a wedding before hand.
It finally feels like winter here, so I am getting in the mood for warmth and shorts.

We always cruise in February with a full ship, generally you really don't feel the crowds, except at the Mickey Pool;)
I cannot believe that for some of us, it is coming so soon, with a wedding before hand.
It finally feels like winter here, so I am getting in the mood for warmth and shorts.

We might get snow this coming Sunday through Tuesday. I can't believe I am actually hoping for it!!:rotfl: Although if the kids don't have any snow days they will get out of school on June 12 (very early for us!).

oh yea,

:banana: 38 days! :banana:

We all must be so busy, beacause I can't believe that we are on the 2nd page! :confused3

Let's see, what have I been up to. Work, dieting, excercising, tanning, regular household things and very little time for much else. I do however have the whole weekend to myself. :cool1: My soon to be DH is going hunting and giving me a break. :woohoo: I know that isn't how a new bride to be should thinking, but I've been married before and raised 2 boys. I need a break every now and then. I do plan on getting a lot done around the house :laundy: and sleeping in. Isn't it amazing, how much you can get done when no one is underfoot. I also need to do some shoping for a few more wedding items. :hourglass Busy weekend for me!

We are thinking of changing our Reception Dinner to the Rain Forest Cafe. I love that place and it will be cheaper and fun. I like the formal setting idea but I'm deffinatly ready for some fun. I hope that they can accomidate us and give us an area that isn't too busy. I'm also hoping they will let me do at least a 1/2 hour of setting things up before we all sit down to eat. I'll keep you all posted.

Sorry if I'm just going on about stuff but I wanted to get us back on the 1st page.

37 DAYS LEFT!

Debbie, you really must be jumping out of your skin, Rainforest Cafe sounds like a lot of fun for your reception dinner, and they do have sort of alcoves which would be great, how many people do you have coming, and what were you other options. 'Ohanna, at the polyneian would aslo be a cool place?
Only 5 weeks now, is it draggin by or is it just me?
I want to start packing, my family thinks that now I have completely gone over the edge......

Debbie, you really must be jumping out of your skin, Rainforest Cafe sounds like a lot of fun for your reception dinner, and they do have sort of alcoves which would be great, how many people do you have coming, and what were you other options. 'Ohanna, at the polyneian would aslo be a cool place?
Only 5 weeks now, is it draggin by or is it just me?
I want to start packing, my family thinks that now I have completely gone over the edge......

Christine,

Surprisingly, I'm doing OK. Thank goodness I have a job that allows me to handle things at work. I just had to change flight reservations for one of my kids who found himself not being able to take a full week off. He is now missing out on 2 days at the parks and the Princess & Pirate Party on 2/15. Oh well, as long as he is at the wedding.

I acctually have reservations at the Blue Zoo, for the reception, but it will cost around $2,000 for food, tip and corkage fees for 15 people. I would love to have it there but we need to find a way to cut cost. I need to be able to order drinks on the cruise! :woohoo: Thanks for suggesting the 'Ohanna, I'll check it out. I don't think my dad will like the Rainforest Cafe as much as he would Blue Zoo but since he isn't paying for this wedding, he'll have to be OK with it.

I have already started packing. I went through my closet and tried on everything that I would want to take and seperated them in the closet. I also have a list of things that I still need to get. I'm going to need to be packed at least a week early, so that I will have the time to encourage others (and probably go and help) to do their packing.

Yeah, we keep doing count down for everything, 5 weeks from leaving the house, 5 weeks from staying in Cocoa Beach, today at 10:00 a.m. will be 5 weeks to getting on board........

Maybe we should start thinking about some quick meets? Someone mentioned a while back a 3:00 meet on embarkation day. My kids were definitely up for that. They want to meet their friends and make plans for that night after diner and (maybe) the show. What do you all think? I told my goys it would have to be a quick meet because of the safety drill, but they are still eager.

Any thoughts for other meets? Maybe we can get some ideas going.

35 days from today...

A 3:00 meet sounds good with us. I know my girls have been "talking" with some of the other kids online, so that would be nice to meet before going to the clubs. I am open to any ideas that might have worked well on your previous cruises.

3:00 p.m. by the ice cream place, scoops, worked great for us on our last cruise, we did not have to drag the kids away from the pool, we can bribe them with getting an ice cream if need be. or up on deck 10 just above the ice cream place would also work and might give us more room.
What do you all think?

I think that 3:00 at the ice cream place sounds great. I agree that trying to get the kids away from the pool at that time could spell disaster.

Jen

A meet at 3:00 sounds good to us as well. I know my kids would like to meet the people they have been chatting with. Which goes for me too!!! Finally my husband is starting to get excited about going. It is about time!!! :goodvibes

I take it most people are on board by then, I guess with the drill you would have to be.

We leave on the 13th to spend a few days at WDW prior to the cruise...We can hardly wait...We are 30 days away from leaving.....

:woohoo: :banana: :cool1:

PS. Debbie, I have been reading all about your plans.. Sounds exciting, must be hard to do things when you are not there. I had to do part of my early wedding plans (too many years ago to count) while I was out of the country. Everything work out beautifully thou.

Pam

3:00 meet sounds great for me too.

Courtney has been so busy lately -- seems she is never home. They had Friday and have Monday off of school. Last Thursday, of course, the teachers piled on the tests -- three of them. In her high school, students are protected from having more than three tests on any one day but the teachers sure get to that max on the day before time off!

She and her boyfriend are attempting to take the waverunner out on the water today. I think yesterday would have been the better day but my dh had the pin to the trailer hitch and the electrical connection in his truck with him. By tomorrow, we'll be cold as heck again. It seems we've had an unusually cold winter this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter