February 14, 2013: 3 night Bahama- Valentines Day on the Dream

Vista Cafe looks lovely and central. Times? I was specifically thinking about before the Pirate Party but there are other times as well. Right after everyone gets boarded we could say hello and go grab a snack, perhaps. Also, we are not going into Nassau, so anyone who wants to hang out with us that day can find us poolside.

Erica
:banana:

On our last meet on the Wonder, we had time for a quick meet between boarding and the safety drill...I'm good with whatever the majority wants :)

Two or threeish sounds good to me since we have the sail away party at four.

Amy and I are going on the Ardastra Gardens and City tour and doing a little shopping. Last time we did the Ultimate Trainer at Atlantis and didn't get a chance to look around. I know very few people have anything good to say about Nassau but we would like to at least see it a bit, learn some history and pick up a few doodads. Especially the rum cakes. I have a couple requests to bring them home. That was about all we picked up last time but they were GOOD!

Funny enough Amy and I will be taking the opposite route at Castaway :rotfl: I am photophobic and she can't swim so it doesn't hold much for us. We will take a walk to enjoy the island, take pics, have lunch at the adult area (good food) and do a couple character meets and than back to relax on an empty ship.

Anyone bringing items to sign? We brought a mat last time but they signed into the edge so this time we will tape it so they won't sign there. Also will bring a ceramic disc for our Christmas tree. Saw that in another thread and it looked awesome. Eying the Sharpie collects and planning the budget for the magnet paper and printer ink.

It's all coming together :cool1:

Jim

I think that it was before sail away. I think the drill was at 4 and our meet was 3. Just a brief hello, and a chance to advise of any cabin changes. I know someone doing the Jan 10th sailing and can get her to confirm those times if you'd like.

Kilted:
Your trip sounds like fun. We did some shopping last time we were there in downtown Nassau and I got some pretty shiny things! Not a bad deal either. I love those little shops down by Atlantis too, they have some nice things there.

We are gonna get off long enough to visit Sr. Frogs. Hang out a bit, than back to the boat to check it out while everyone else is off playing (hopefully)

2-3ish sounds good for a meeting time, will everyone be on board by then.

I am going to bring a mat to have signed. I will tape off the edges, thanks for the heads up.

See you in 41 days!!

On the Fantasy cruise this past June, we met at the Tube (on the Dream it's Evolution), which is all the way aft on Deck 4. We had a HUGE group and were able to fit in there. We met at 3:00 so we could get our lanyards and nametags before the sailaway party. We had plenty of time before the safety drill, which happens before the ship leaves port. The sailaway party happens as you're leaving.

pirate:

So, 3pm at Evolution? That works for us! Anyone else have input on this? Also, we get name badges and lanyards? Does this happen at check-in? Is it OK if we wear them infrequently? I hate them with a passion!

I will be taking another cruise on the Dream in June 2013 with my niece, and we decided we would go into Nassau with her. If it is just the two of us, we'd rather enjoy the peace and quiet and rest on the ship.

We are going to spend the morning on Castaway Cay but will probably head back early.

I am looking forward to relaxing with some good novels!

I also need to know the details of the FE list so I can start working on fun gifts! I hate to be behind!

Erica
:banana:

I was just waiting to see if we got the 6th yes before Monday so not sending update after update to people.

Jim

We say yes to the new cabin as well. Count us as a Yes please, Now to get working on those FEs!!

40 days, let the Countdown begin!

Karen

Thanks. I believe we now have 11 cabins with 35 people. Basically +1 cabin and +2 adults as TJFrack's additions are a wash for Missypyxi. I will update the list tomorrow (got the Cotton Bowl tonight :D ) and try to get it out.

3pm at Evolution works for me.

Shiny things are a definite. We suffer from ADOS, attention deficit, oooohhhh shinnnnnyyyy. I understand that this is a small island in the middle of the Caribbean so we aren't expecting it to be like touring Madrid or Paris but there should be some local history to pick up on. Amy's degree is in history even if it is English so she always finds that worth the time. Shopping at the ship recommended (sponsored) stores should provide us with enough distraction for a couple hours. We just need a few souvenirs and maybe a bit of bling from the gem stores.

Jim

Also, we get name badges and lanyards? Does this happen at check-in? Is it OK if we wear them infrequently? I hate them with a passion!

No, we don't get them. They had them for the other cruise. It was a group called the Pirates that has sailed together several times. The lanyards and name tages were specific to that cruise so we would know the other people from the group. We also had t-shirts made for the group, but we got those before boarding.

DCL will give a lanyard at checkin to everyone that's cruised with them before. There are different lanyards for each CC level.

DVC will give 2 lanyards per stateroom to members. They will be delivered to the stateroom the day you board. If you don't get them, you can go to the DVC desk and they will give them to you.

pirate:

Thanks. I believe we now have 11 cabins with 35 people. Basically +1 cabin and +2 adults as TJFrack's additions are a wash for Missypyxi. I will update the list tomorrow (got the Cotton Bowl tonight :D ) and try to get it out.

Shiny things are a definite. We suffer from ADOS, attention deficit, oooohhhh shinnnnnyyyy. I understand that this is a small island in the middle of the Caribbean so we aren't expecting it to be like touring Madrid or Paris but there should be some local history to pick up on.

How about we just agree to extend the deadline to 1/15? We may have more people want to join the FE and it will avoid having a vote each time.

I've never heard of ADOS, but I believe my entire family has been afflicted for quite some time. Thanks for helping diagnose this for us. :lmao:

I've got two documents that have the history of Castaway Cay. One is the legend of Castaway Cay and is a story for kids. The other is an article about the actual discovery of Gorda Cay and has some interesting history in it. I can add those documents to the growing list I have in my signature if you'd like them. Any of those files can be downloaded from the links for anyone that wants them.

pirate:

How about we just agree to extend the deadline to 1/15? We may have more people want to join the FE and it will avoid having a vote each time.

I've never heard of ADOS, but I believe my entire family has been afflicted for quite some time. Thanks for helping diagnose this for us. :lmao:

I've got two documents that have the history of Castaway Cay. One is the legend of Castaway Cay and is a story for kids. The other is an article about the actual discovery of Gorda Cay and has some interesting history in it. I can add those documents to the growing list I have in my signature if you'd like them. Any of those files can be downloaded from the links for anyone that wants them.

pirate:

I'm game on the 15th.

My niece came up with the ADOS. You should see her do it. Has the most perfect vapid expression on her face. Would never think this was a 4.0 college student.

I'm up for the history. You could add it or just email. Either way works unless some others want it to.

BTW, Erica, the lanyards are really handy in my opinion. I have this one -

And I love it. Holds just enough for going around the ship plus my pins. Got to have the pins. I also use it when I'm at the Parks again holds just enough and makes it easy to get to.

Jim

We should be on the boat between 2-3pm. I get into MCO at 10 and then I rented a car to drive to the port. Thrifty has a free shuttle to the boat once I drop the car off. Even with all that I should be on the boat no later than 1pm. My check in time is scheduled for noon, so I hope to make it by then. Thrifty is $40 for a car, even with the tolls, I don't have to pay for all three of us in the bus. I think that ended up being less expensive.

OOH, ADOS** Love this.*** I myself have been afflicted for sometime now.

I have my eye on a new charm on the Dream for my bracelet.

charm-pic3.jpg

Not even on board yet, and I am prepared to SHOP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter