February 14, 2013: 3 night Bahama- Valentines Day on the Dream

so, when I log in to the website, it says that I can start booking my port adventures on Dec 1. This seems late to me, and my travel agent agreed. Can any of you book your PAs now? Or do we really have to wait til the 1st?

It was the same with us. The more cruises you do the earlier you can book them. We are at 90 days ahead for us and all the way up to 120 days for platinum.

Jim

Hi Everyone, :wave2:

Just booked today. This will be a Christmas/Graduation gift for my sons. It will be my 3rd cruise, and the boys first. Wanted to do a short one to see how one of my sons will make out as he has some health concerns.

If there are enough people, I would definately do an FE. My hubby, daughters and I just got back from the California Coast Pixar themed cruise and had a blast with our FE group there. Hopefully more of the same here!

Looking forward to it!

This will be our fourth cruise and we are excited. Celebrating a 50th Birthday and Valentines Day. We would like to join in on the FE fun. As I have not done this before, is there a link for the rules, ideas, etc..Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Karen and Sandy....

This is our 6th Disney Cruise and we DH, me and our DS (13) will be sailing with you. We are also going with a huge group of over 25 people. We had to cancel our Dec cruise on the Fantasy, but at least we are sailing again. Looking forward to the cruise. This will be our 1st 3 day cruise though. We are planning on staying on the boat for most of the time, except for Castaway Cay.

This will be our fourth cruise and we are excited. Celebrating a 50th Birthday and Valentines Day. We would like to join in on the FE fun. As I have not done this before, is there a link for the rules, ideas, etc..Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Karen and Sandy....

I'd say it's a go!

If you want to join into the FE you can PM me your info: First names of each person, ages, sex (not required but some people like to make different gifts for girls vs boys), cabin #, email where you want to list sent to you, food allergies (if any) and favorite character (again not required but some people like to make personalized gifts). Please don't post your email address on the thread.

I will put together a spreadsheet and will email the list to you.

Here is a really good thread on FEs for those curious. Includes instructions on making them.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607&highlight=fish+extender

And another on FEs (including a no-sew set of instructions) and door decorating.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/meets.htm

Jim

I have an FE signup sheet in Google Docs. It even has a form for people to fill out with their info. I posted a link to it here if you want to use it for this cruise. I'm using it for the 6/22/13 Fantasy Western. For me, it's easier than compiling the list yourself from PMs.

pirate:

I appreciate it.

I was going PMs as some people may not want to post their info on a site that search engines can reach. The other cruise I was going to go on was using Facebook but I know that a lot of people don't have a Facebook account and aren't comfortable with it, yours truly included :) The same on the Gmail. I don't have a Gmail account to set it up and others may not either to be able to add their info so we would be back to them PMing it to me.

It is a great template and appreciate you letting us use the format.

Thanks,
Jim

I don't use Facebook, either. It's a useless waste of time to me.

You only need a gmail account to "own" the spreadsheet. The people signing up don't need one. The form can be accessed by anyone with the link. The doc is private to you, so search engines can't "see" anything on it, just like PMs on the DIS can't be searched.

In any event, you can download it from the link I sent if you want the spreadsheet. You don't need a gmail account to do that, either.

If I wasn't already coordinating the FE for the June cruise, I'd just make a copy and do this one as well.

Let's go with a cut off date of Dec 1st since it is a small group. That gives just over 70 days for those who may make gifts but gives people about another month or so to sign up. After that we'll take a vote among those signed up. Might be unfair to a person hand-making gifts to get someone added two weeks before the cruise.

Jim

I have a couple of questions for ya, Jim! You said you're already able to book your excursions, right? Could you tell me what the time choices are for parasailing at castaway cay? I'm hoping to run the 5k and then go parasailing.

Also, how many people are signed up for the FEs right now? Thanks!

Kilted Candyman,
Thanks for coordinating this FE. I will PM you my info, but am not able to do that until I have 10 posts! Guess I better get posting! But, please count us in!

Missypyxi,

When is the 5K? I will still be training for the Princess half the next weekend and the 5K might be fun?

Thanks....

I have a couple of questions for ya, Jim! You said you're already able to book your excursions, right? Could you tell me what the time choices are for parasailing at castaway cay? I'm hoping to run the 5k and then go parasailing.

Also, how many people are signed up for the FEs right now? Thanks!

Silver can't book until 11/16 unfortunately. If one of the gold members in on this cruise they might know.

Right now, if I counted it right, we have 5 cabins with about 18 people. Hopefully there will be more coming but I think there is enough for fun.

Jim

I don't know if you folks have pulled up the docs from the site but here is the schedule. Nothing to surprising -

Day 1 - Thu, Feb 14 Port Canaveral, Florida
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
4:15 PM
(Until 5:00 PM)
Top Deck, Mid Ship
Sail Away Deck Party (Ship Activity)
Sail-Away Celebration is a Disney Cruise Line deck party on Embarkation Day. Crew Members and some favorite Disney Characters join in the festivities.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Day 2 - Fri, Feb 15 Nassau
9:45 PM
(Until 10:30 PM)
Top Deck, Mid Ship
Pirate Deck Party (Ship Activity)
Pirate Night is a Disney Cruise Line deck party featuring pirate-themed festivities. Crew Members and some favorite Disney Characters join in the fun.
Day 3 - Sat, Feb 16 Castaway Cay
Day 4 - Sun, Feb 17 Port Canaveral, Florida

Has anyone done the Palo brunch? I've heard it is great but I need to know what sort of foods are there? Amy is both finicky and squeamish. I want to make sure she will have something to eat if I make the reservation.

Jim

Hello Everyone,

Just booked the cruise this week and super excited about it. I will be sailing with my DH (tyson) and my brother, sister in law and nieces 6 and 9. I have to get them to sign up for Disboards.

Please count me in for FE! I will send a private message shortly.

Also, I think the 5k run on Castaway Cay sounds great! Better start running again. Took a little while off, but also will be training for another 5k before we go called the Electric Run. It is at night. www.electricrun.com I should be pretty good!

This will be my 5th DCL but DH 4th and first time on the dream.

We cancelled our Mardi Gras trip because we found out my brother and sister in law were going on this trip! =D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter