FEBRUARY 14, 2009 (very early roll-call!)

Did you guys see this posted??

Disney Cruise Line Fuel Surcharge Decision

Just in from an email from DCL

Due to continually rising fuel prices, Disney Cruise Line® is implementing a fuel surcharge. :scared1:

The surcharge* is $8 per person, per day for the first two Guests in a stateroom and $3 per day for all other Guests. It is effective for new bookings only made on or after May 28, 2008. Additionally, the surcharge will be capped at $112 each for the first and second Guests in a stateroom and $42 each for all other Guests in the stateroom.

Travel Agents should implement additional procedures to ensure that they disclose the exact amount of the applicable fuel surcharge to Clients before they make a decision to book a Disney Cruise Line vacation.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/bus...-cruise-1.html

Did you guys see this posted??

Just in from an email from DCL

Due to continually rising fuel prices, Disney Cruise Line® is implementing a fuel surcharge. :scared1:

The surcharge* is $8 per person, per day for the first two Guests in a stateroom and $3 per day for all other Guests. It is effective for new bookings only made on or after May 28, 2008. Additionally, the surcharge will be capped at $112 each for the first and second Guests in a stateroom and $42 each for all other Guests in the stateroom.

Travel Agents should implement additional procedures to ensure that they disclose the exact amount of the applicable fuel surcharge to Clients before they make a decision to book a Disney Cruise Line vacation.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/bus...-cruise-1.html

At least those of us who've already made the bookings shouldn't be affected by this. I'm surprised they held out as long as they did when the other lines were adding surcharges months ago. And at least they didn't try and pull the nonsense that RCI and Carnival did with trying to make the charges retro.

I don't think i could handle an extra charge for fuel right now...that might send my husband over the edge! :lmao: I mean, not that I'd care...he's perfectly free to stay home if he wants :rolleyes1 :laughing: .

Hi SuzCT!:flower3: Will you be joining us? This is cool, there's 2 Jodi's on the thread AND another person from CT!!!

Jodi- Since you were so upset by my going to Minnie w/o you I won't tell you what a great time I had! :goodvibes AKL was great-got to see the 6 week old baby giraffe! SOOOOOO cute. I ran w/ a friend and we finished in 1:44:xx. I had hoped to go a little faster but it was a great run anyway.

Suzct- Hope we have another cruiser! Introduce yourself when you get the chance.

I'm so glad we booked early. I know I couldn't get my DH on board w/ the extra surcharges.:sad2:

Welcome Back, Kiena - Glad you had a terrific time!! (I guess) :lmao: . And a nice pace!!:thumbsup2 , good for you. Did you see that Disney already announced next years "Princess 1/2 Marathon" on March 8?:scared1: Wow, nothing like solicitng the dollars, there, Disney!:lmao: This just means there's another inaugural event I have to go to, I mean, how can I resist when the medal is a tiara??:lmao: .

Did I mention that I signed my son & I up for the Yeti Run? I know, but I couldn't resist. It's not every day you get to pay nearly $100 for a 5k :confused: :rotfl2:

Just wanted to say HELLO and WELCOME to SUZCT!! :goodvibes

Life certainly has been crazy over the past month and a half. But I am looking forward to going back to WDW in a few weeks!! :banana: No real itinerary for this trip except PnP on 5/26. We have never been, so I hope it will be fun.

Happy Spring everyone! :flower1: (I know it may have been spring for a while for some, but we finally have green grass and the trees have leaves. )

Welcome Back, Kiena - Glad you had a terrific time!! (I guess) :lmao: . And a nice pace!!:thumbsup2 , good for you. Did you see that Disney already announced next years "Princess 1/2 Marathon" on March 8?:scared1: Wow, nothing like solicitng the dollars, there, Disney!:lmao: This just means there's another inaugural event I have to go to, I mean, how can I resist when the medal is a tiara??:lmao: .

Did I mention that I signed my son & I up for the Yeti Run? I know, but I couldn't resist. It's not every day you get to pay nearly $100 for a 5k :confused: :rotfl2:

I wasn't sure if the medal was going to be a tiara for your head or a tiara-shaped medal. :confused: I really want to do it but I don't think I can convince the family to let me go back on a Disney trip in March after doing Goofy in Jan then the cruise in Feb. I had hoped they would keep the May Minnie schedule.

My 12 yo DD and I will be doing the ToT in Oct. I will have to wait to hear your Princess report!

Vavalynn
- We did PnP this trip and it was great! The fireworks were AMAZING! You'll have a great time!

I wasn't sure if the medal was going to be a tiara for your head or a tiara-shaped medal. :confused: I really want to do it but I don't think I can convince the family to let me go back on a Disney trip in March after doing Goofy in Jan then the cruise in Feb. I had hoped they would keep the May Minnie schedule.

My 12 yo DD and I will be doing the ToT in Oct. I will have to wait to hear your Princess report!

Vavalynn
- We did PnP this trip and it was great! The fireworks were AMAZING! You'll have a great time!

Kiena - Come on!! You can convince your family to let you go down for a quick 1/2 marathon...tell your DH you'll give him the tiara!!

Kiena - Come on!! You can convince your family to let you go down for a quick 1/2 marathon...tell your DH you'll give him the tiara!!

DH would have to fight my 8 yo DD for it!princess:

Hi guys!

Is everyone still going??:confused: I still don't have airfare lined up :rotfl: .

Actually, I dropped the booking for this cruise. I have to end the notifications for the thread. But the reason that I dropped the booking for this cruise because I managed to snag a cabin last week for the eastbound panama canal repo cruise!!! I'm sorry to miss going in February, but so excited that after being on wait list for this cruise for about forever, we got a spot!! :)

:woohoo: :banana: YAY for YOU!!! That's great news, even though we won't be seeing you in Feb. Have a TERRIFIC time!!!

Hi! Just moved our Dec 2009 cruise booking to this one. I thought originally I would move it to a 2010 cruise, but we can't wait that long!

Nice to meet you all. This will be our third cruise -- Med 10 day cruise and 4 day Wonder so far.

-Jen

Hi! Just moved our Dec 2009 cruise booking to this one. I thought originally I would move it to a 2010 cruise, but we can't wait that long!

Nice to meet you all. This will be our third cruise -- Med 10 day cruise and 4 day Wonder so far.

-Jen

Welcome Jen! :cool1:

Welcom Jen :) and

Have fun Laurita on the repo cruise!!

We are still going. And pretty excited about it. And keeping our fingers crossed for an upgrade (we booked cat 11).

But right now my efforts have been focusing on our short trip to the 'world' one week from tomorrow- YEAH! :cool1:

We will be checking out the new Toy Story ride @ the studios in the AM then some attractions at Animal Kingdom. On the 26th we will attend our first Pirate pirate: and Princess princess: party. Should be fun. Also, we hope to relax and try Jiko for the first time. :)

I have seen a few of those new disney specials on the travel channel, but nothing specific about the cruises :( That adventure to Costa Rica looked awesome!

Welcome Jen! :cool1:

Welcom Jen :)

Thanks for the welcome! And glad to see it isn't too early to start planning. That's at least half the fun!

Actually, I dropped the booking for this cruise. I have to end the notifications for the thread. But the reason that I dropped the booking for this cruise because I managed to snag a cabin last week for the eastbound panama canal repo cruise!!! I'm sorry to miss going in February, but so excited that after being on wait list for this cruise for about forever, we got a spot!! :)

I'm so jealous! Have fun. Sounds like a trip of a lifetime!

And vavlynn2 - I want to hear how Toy Story Mania and the Princess and Pirate party are. Have fun!

Take care,
Jen

Laura- Enjoy your new cruise!

Jen-Welcome!

We're still onboard. We're waiting for SWA to open up the dates. I've got at least 2 tix and may end up w/ another one because I use my SWA card for mandatory work travel. :banana:

Vavalynn-You must do a report on Toy Story and Jiko! Boma has been my favorite restaurant for some time now. I finally looked at Jiko's menu and realized I would probably love that, too! I was at the PPP when I went for the Minnie Marathon and had a great time. Loved the fireworks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter