February 12, 2011 - 7 night Eastern

Hello, All.

My wife and I and two kids, 7-year-old daughter and 5-year-old son, will be on the cruise. I understand there's a meet planned for embarkation day. We'd like to be part of that. I've also heard that there's a Facebook fan site for our cruise, but I haven't been able to find it. Can someone post information on that?

Thanks

Dave - Welcome! You must be one of the people I recruited from that other site :thumbsup2 The facebook group is a private one that Jax created so you won't find it by searching. I'll send you a private message with a link to my profile, and we should be able to figure out how to add you from there.

Heather - I can't believe you managed to find, not one, but two dresses in a single trip, and with a two year old in tow!... you must be a seriously talented shopper! ;)

We leave for Florida exactly one month from Monday... I am so looking forward to it!! The next two weeks at work are going to be insane, but once I make it through that, there will be nothing on my mind but the cruise... :yay:

Can you please send me a PM with info on the Facebook group also please? Thanks!

The Kalin's!
--- Counting Down! :cheer2:

Can you please send me a PM with info on the Facebook group also please? Thanks!

The Kalin's!
--- Counting Down! :cheer2:

Me too please!!

We're on the countdown here now. My 4 year old had such fun with the ADVENT calendar at Christmas, we're making something similar to start this Friday for a 4 week countdown!!

Please send me the Facebook info as well.

We are going with a 10 month old - anyone else have a small baby they are bringing? My husband and I are also celebrating our anniversary on this cruise. SOO excited!!! Can't wait to go.

So as the winter blues kick in - I am combating this by packing bags already and researching tips links about Disney cruises. It seems that in many ways DCL is a lot different from other cruises. I now have to make a door magnet, get pirate costumes and few other things I didn't know of until creeping some forums.

We are traveling with a 10 month old and I have packed her bags with the summer clothes we bought in the fall on sale for the trip. I found a pirate costume for her on kijiji in December that I will turn into a tutu bottom to make it a bit more girlie.

I am a little concerned about wardrobe for my husband and myself. I think we are going to need to shop before hand for us. Still trying to figure out how dressy we need to be for dinners (we plan to go to the formal dinning room and not the buffets).

Looking forward to meeting up - is there a special DIS forum door sign I should be printing off too?

Welcome, no we never did makeup and name for ourselves so no Dis- magnet sorry....maybe I will hope over to the wonderful designers and find us one LOL

Julie

We are going with a 10 month old - anyone else have a small baby they are bringing? My husband and I are also celebrating our anniversary on this cruise. SOO excited!!! Can't wait to go.

We are taking our 5 year old and our 16 month old... Good times- trying to drop our night time bottle before then, would be nice to not have to worry about cleaning those! :-)
That is great that you are celebrating your anniversary- Palo ressies? Have you booked your little one into Flounders yet? I booked all 18 hours - I think she will love it!

Welcome, no we never did makeup and name for ourselves so no Dis- magnet sorry....maybe I will hope over to the wonderful designers and find us one LOL

Julie

You take such great care of us! Thank you Julie for organizing us as well as your family for the trip!

We are taking our 5 year old and our 16 month old... Good times- trying to drop our night time bottle before then, would be nice to not have to worry about cleaning those! :-)
That is great that you are celebrating your anniversary- Palo ressies? Have you booked your little one into Flounders yet? I booked all 18 hours - I think she will love it!

I was looking at some Flounder time on the 15th while at sea or while at Castaway Cay....but didn't confirm anything. We were looking at potentially doing a swim with stingrays and having her in the nursery for that. Is it far from the boat to the "beach" on Castaway Cay? I bet that brings a laugh because it is probably right there. Just trying to judge how much time I need for moving back and forth.

I saw posted before that they won't feed in the nursery - is this true if you provide it for them?

We have no reservations at Palo either, the regular dining hall will be fancy enough for us. In fact still fighting with baby weight and don't have a wardrobe yet to even accommodate this!! Darn - that means shopping right?

I am looking at cutting out the need for 2 naps a day......she did this on her own today and so maybe I keep it going.

Looking forward to meeting up with other parents with babies.

Anyone considering doing geocaching at any of the ports?

We have a 10 month old and thus aren't planning on doing any of the organized excursions. We are planning on just exploring the ports through geocaching. If you haven't heard of it before check out geocaching.com Short description: GPS unit with coordinates and some clues from the internet and you hunt for a hidden treasure box (tupperware) or log book (sometimes as small as a film cannister or smaller) and then record your find online afterwards. Great activity to do with kids because it takes the fun of hiking and adds a prize at the end. If you plan on taking a prize from a box you have to put one in. There are trackable coins and items that users move from cache to cache and are also logged online.

We welcome anyone interested in doing this with us - we might even have a spare GPS to bring if someone really wanted to try this.

My wife and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary.

Anyone considering doing geocaching at any of the ports?

We have a 10 month old and thus aren't planning on doing any of the organized excursions. We are planning on just exploring the ports through geocaching. If you haven't heard of it before check out geocaching.com Short description: GPS unit with coordinates and some clues from the internet and you hunt for a hidden treasure box (tupperware) or log book (sometimes as small as a film cannister or smaller) and then record your find online afterwards. Great activity to do with kids because it takes the fun of hiking and adds a prize at the end. If you plan on taking a prize from a box you have to put one in. There are trackable coins and items that users move from cache to cache and are also logged online.

We welcome anyone interested in doing this with us - we might even have a spare GPS to bring if someone really wanted to try this.

I have heard of that and thought it sounded fun! Not sure how much fun it would be with my 3 kiddos in tow though. :eek:

We aren't planning on doing any of the planned excursions except for the sting ray one on CC. Right now we are planning on including Carter, our 5 year old, and having my inlaws watch the younger 2.

There are a few of us with little ones so your 10 month old will have some playmates! My youngest will be 16 months and my middle one is 2 years. I have them both booked in Flounders everynight from 6:30 - 10:00 every night except for the first night and pirate night. I'm taking full advantage of babysitting!!! :thumbsup2

Valentines_Day_on_the_Magic_Blank.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter