February 11, 2006 Roll Call

Hi,

We just booked this cruise today! It is myself, DH, and DD(8), we were originally booked for the May 27, 2006 cruise, but had to change due to me taking a job in the school. That is my busiest time of the year. We got a great deal on this cruise. It is our first time cruising in Feb. This is our 4th Disney cruise also

Hope some others will join in!

Randi :rotfl:

Anyone else? :bitelip: We are excited about booking!! Looking to chat with others.

First time cruisers here...

6 of us all together-

Myself, wife, daughter (12), son (8), son(6), son (4)

Looking forward to a great trip!!

Great!! :teeth: Now we are getting started.. :cool1: Welcome detroitdad!
My DD and your DS will be in the same age group. What cat. did you all book? We booked the 12 GTY.

We booked 2 connecting cabins on deck 5, but it is actually with a secret porthole. They categorize it as an inside because the window is obstructed but still gets the natural light. From what I've been told, it's a great quiet location.

Have you ever booked a dolphin swim @ Chankanaab? Just had a couple questions if you have.

Thanks

I was wondering who had the secret porthole rooms on the cruise. Those rooms are very hard to get. We have never done the Dolphin swim. We have always just went to the beaches and shopping. We have done Captin Marvin's Stingray tour. It was very good, this was in Grand Cayman.

My DH, DS10, DS8, and I are booked for this cruise. It's our 2nd and we booked a Gty 12. I've been looking through posts for the past month and finally decided it was time to join! :earsgirl:

Welcome dsrj! Are any of you driving down on that Friday before? We usually do and stay at the Radisson or Ron Jon's.

Yeah! Finally seeing some folks going with us! Thought we had the ship to ourselves for a while there . :laughing:

We are a family of three, myself, my DH, and my DS, age 7. This is our first cruise ever, and I had to talk my husband into it, but I think he's looking forward to it now. I KNOW my DS is!

We are booked into a Cat 5, Room #7072. We will be going down on Thursday, staying at the Radisson and visiting Cape Canaveral on Friday. Anyone else going up there? Look forward to hearing from you all.

Welcome gmcutter! We usually drive down on Friday, we have about a 6 hour drive from our house. We will not be able to leave until DH gets off work which will probably be around 5:00 p.m. We are hoping for a good room this cruise, last cruise we booked a cat.11 GTY and got one of the cat.11 handicap rooms. It was the size of a normal hotel rooms. I will be happy with any room just as long as I am on the ship.

We tried Carnival this year and nver again. It was horrible! :crazy:

The crew members were very rude, everytime you asked someone a question they just gave you a look and walked a way. My parents garment bag got ruined and they only gave them $50 to replace it and said they needed to get off at one of the ports and get a new one. The ship looked like it was 10 years old on the inside. We went on the Carnival Glory and it is not that old. We had thought about trying RCCL but then we found the deal for Feb.11 and decided it was best to go back to Disney. There is no comparison Disney wins hand down over Carnival anyday! ::yes::

Ok I'm going to ask a dumb question-- what does it mean when someone lists which category they're in and then GTY? What does that stand for?

So far we've booked stingray w/Captain Marvin in Gr Cayman and the Dolphin Swim at Cozumel. We had to split the swim up and the latest my wife and 2 of the kids could get was at 12pm. The boat docks at 10:30am. Will we have a hard time making that excursion? We have to check in at 11:30am.

Thanks!

Hmmm... GTY. Somebody more in the know should answer that. I was just reading it as "Guaranteed" but perhaps that isn't it!

You picked the same tours that we were thinking of. Which Dolphin swim package did you get? Did you book online or call them direct? Don't know about the timeline for you. I'm not sure where the meet is at 11:30.

GTY stands for guaranty. You won't get anything less than the category you booked at. Which seeing as there is nothing less than a 12 it's kind of silly. They also let a family of 4 book a cat 12 (which only sleep 3) and bump you up to a cat 11.

We're planning to book an excursion through Capt. Marvin's also, just need to decide which one.

Hello everyone,
We're going! It's myself, husband and two kids 4 and 7. We were on the Eastern last year and couldn't resist the thought of going again. Now we're spoiling ourselves for sure. Looking forward to many months of lovely anticipation.

I just booked the Feb 11 cruise for my family. There are three adults and a DD (8). This is our first Disney Cruise, we've all cruised on different cruiselines but are so excited about finally doing disney!

Hi Everyone and welcome sweeks82!

We also have a DD (8), maybe they can become pen pals and get to know each other before the trip. We did that with some folks a fews years back and we still keep in touch and so do our girls. We are counting down the days until this trip. This will be our 4th Disney Cruise and they get better every time! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter