February 11, 2006 Roll Call

I'm going to try and make the chat on Thursday night.

I spoke with Disney last week and they said that they were going to look at seating times and requests sometime this week. We also booked a gty 12 cabin in July so hopefully we will find out soon if we are bumped up or not.

I can't believe that it's fast approaching. I must confess I went on a bit of a shopping spree before the end of summer and already have two suitcases packed. Hopefully, the clothes still fit everyone. :hyper:

Hope to be able to chat on Thursday.
Lisa - Disneymum

Hi i'm 12 and wondering if there are any boys my age that would like to chat before the cruise. I can't wait!

I really like sports, and I play the guitar. Wish I could bring it on the ship, but my EVIL parents won't let me. :sad1:

PS. in case u r wondering i am a boy

Hi Chuck. My son Dylan will be 12 in March. He is a Black Belt in Taekwondo and likes video games, water polo and reading. He is just starting to learn to play the guitar. Since we are keeping the cruise a surprise until the day we leave he won't be able to chat ahead of time but I know he will be happy to meet you.

GMouse, that's right where I'm at! i just ordered pirate costumes for the kids. that's about the whole of it. have absolutely no formal wear that will fit. so i'm also thinking liquid diet!!

DMum, i can't believe you have two suitcases packed!! i'm not sure i even know where two suitcases are! the last cruise we took, we got there with not enough. i'm sure that will happen again. maybe i'll just buy all new stuff in orlando the night before the cruise!!! :idea:

Julie

I am so right with you on the diet thing. My husband thinks it's hysterical that I am dieting so I can go on the cruise and eat myself silly. My formal clothes are also too tight after my annual holiday weight gain so I need to lose a few pounds or I may be doing formal night in sweats!

Flounder's Nursery says 2 hour minimum. Does that mean you have to book for 2 hour blocks, have 2 hours across the day, or 2 hours total for the week? This probably seems obvious but I was confused.

J

The couple we dined with on our cruise had a toddler and they used Flounders. As I understand it you can reserve a maximum of 10 hours in advance and each booking has to be a 2 hour minimum but can be for more than 2 hours. Once on board, however, you can go to Flounders and put your name on a list for additional hours. The couple we met ended up getting more than the 10 hours for their son. I believe they paid $6 an hour.

JDIANE - May I ask where you ordered Pirate costumes from? I've been checking our Disney stores here and they've been sold out and I'm not sure where else to look.

As for packing a couple of suitcases we just moved to a new house and I fiqured that if I didn't pack then I would be digging in boxes trying to find everything last minute. Like everyone else I have holiday pounds and then some to get off so it's back to the gym I go. :worried:

Disneymum

After reading everyones post about getting a few pounds off I breathed a sigh of reflief. Its good to know I'm not the only one trying to fit in some clothes. My husband thinks I am so strange because the other day i didn't eat something because I said I needed to save all the bad stuff for when we go away. A weight gain at home seems so frivilous however a weight gain on vacation is worth it. I can hear Dr. Phil now with that rationalization! :rotfl:

Fo those with GTY cabins, check your reservation. We got our cabin #, not much of an upgrade but seems like a great location. We are in 5133, on deck 5.
It will not be far to take DD back and forth to the Lab. Now we are really getting excited. :cool1:
Please post if you booked a Gty what you got. :teeth:

RAC said:
Fo those with GTY cabins, check your reservation. We got our cabin #, not much of an upgrade but seems like a great location. We are in 5133, on deck 5.
It will not be far to DD back and forth to the Lab. Now we are really getting excited. :cool1:
Please post if you booked a Gty what you got. :teeth:

I'm at work and don't have my reservation number with me to see if there has been a change, but we are in the secret porthole cabins on deck 5 also. I have been told it is a great location!

We reserved a Cat 12 inside stateroom and just got upgraded to a cat 9 with window!!!! Looks like a good location #2100 (and a number I can actually remember) :goodvibes

Just received our confirmation online that we are in cabin #1042 (category 9) which is nice as we gty at a category 12 and at least this cabins have 2 portholes one for each child, so no fighting. Yeah!!

I think that I'm even more excited now then I was before. Can't wait. :)

Disneymum

Congratulations on your upgrades! I can't believe how close we are getting. I am looking forward to our chat tonight.

We booked a GTY 12 and received a Cat 11. Not much of an upgrade but the location is good....deck 6 forward. That seems more convenient than deck 2 where the Cat 12's are. We got upgraded last time from a 12 to a 9 so I can't be greedy! Does anyone know if there is a self service laundry on deck 6?

We booked a gty 12 and received a cat 9 room 1058. Now that I have a room assignment it really feels like the cruise is fast approaching!

It was nice chatting with all of you last night.

DSRJ, we are just down or up the hall from you in Cabin 1042.

DSRJ, I also checked our Personal Navigator from the last time that I was on the ship and you get a time for the character breakfast first seating was 8:30 a.m. and second seating was 9:45 a.m. (It was on the morning of a day at sea).

Disneymum

It was nice chatting with everyone last night. I think everytime we talk I get more excited because it seems so much closer!

Disneymum - Thanks for the info. I am still hoping to get early seating. We stayed on Deck 1 on the Wonder and really enjoyed it. We were in a cat 10 so we're looking forward to the windows this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter