February 11, 2006 Roll Call

detroitdad said:
We've booked a dolphin excursion at Cozumel (not through Disney) and it would be so disappointing if that had to be cancelled.

Also have the stingray/snorkel excursion booked for Grand Cayman.

Does anyone know which night is Pirate night? Want to avoid booking Palo's the same night. Hopefully we will still be able to book something on line as 75 days out is this Sunday.

Hi DetroitDad,

We have also booked a sting ray trip on Grand Cayman with Cpt. Marvin's. Is that who you went with? I'm interested in the dolphin swim on Cozumel, but when I tried to book they said all sold out. Who did you go with?

I have it down in my notes that Pirate night pirate: will be on Day 5, our Cozumel day. Some one may have a different idea.
I have formal day on Day 3, and Semi-Formal on Day 6.

And yes, our 75 days is on Sunday! Will your DS (6) be going to the Oceaneers Club? Our DS (7) is looking forward to it. Maybe they'll meet up! :wave2:

The Cutter Clan

Hello gmcutter-

We are booked through Captain Marvin's @ 11:15am--just the 2 hour trip though. Booked the dolphin swim directly with Dolphin Discovery @ Chakanaab park. I booked this back in July and almost didn't get the times we wanted as slots were already filling up. Try contacting them directly at www.dolphindiscovery.com

Really looking forward to this trip. We've been talking about a cruise for years and just wanted to wait until our youngest was old enough.

Thanks for the info regarding which evenings are for formal, semi-formal and pirate night. That will help with our planning. I'm hoping that by some remote chance that we will be able to book Palo's for dinner on Valentine's Day but I'm not counting on anything being available on line with all the repeat cruisers being able to book 90 days out.

All of my kids cannot wait to go to the labs! I'm sure we'll have to drag them out of there.

Take care-

I don't believe that our 75 days is here until the 28th, Monday. So that would mean tonight at 12:01 PST. At least that's what it says on my confirmation from Disney.

gmcutter, I noticed in an earlier post that you already booked the stingray excursion through somewhere else. How did you find this place and is it the same price as going through Disney? Just wondering. Its funny I am an event planner and I have never been so stressed trying to plan something!!! LOL

Hey Everyone!
Been away from the boards for awhile...looks like we have a few more people going! Yea! Anyone working on door signs??
Dory, you might try searching the threads for "excursions"...that's how I got alot of info last time we went. Stingray is really cool, but it can be a little scary for kids,my DS was almost 11 last time,comfortable in the water,but still got a little creeped out by all the rays swimming around him. The new Stingray adventure at Castaway sounds more low key.
Good Luck to all you 75 days out people!

I can't believe I actually got everything I was going after!! :Pinkbounc :banana: I figured evrything would have been gone. I hope I made the right choices but I guess since we have never been we won't know what we are missing LOL

Whew! That was stressful! I got what I wanted except for Palo - couldn't get Valentines Day but did get another day. :flower:

Had a bit of a scare. All my other reservations went thru without a hitch until I got to the Palo site. Wouldn't take my clicking on the continue button. Was dead in the water. After a frantic 30 minutes of trying to punch a hole in my keyboard because it wasn't taking, I opened up an Internet Explorer browser and tried there. Lo and behold, it worked. Don't know what the problem was with Firefox browser, but I'm glad I figured it out.

Now I can relax again and get down to some serious trip planning! :cool1:

definately dory said:
gmcutter, I noticed in an earlier post that you already booked the stingray excursion through somewhere else. How did you find this place and is it the same price as going through Disney? Just wondering. Its funny I am an event planner and I have never been so stressed trying to plan something!!! LOL

Hi dory,

It is a little cheaper and a little less crowded from what I understand from these messages. I just did a google search on excursions for Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Still haven't booked anything on Cozumel yet. Didn't see what I really wanted when I booked other stuff tonight.

We're not planning anything big at Key West. Maybe just a trolley tour and a visit to Mel Fisher's Treasure Museum (both of which are in my son's A-Z Mysteries books and he is SO excited to find out it's a real place!)

Man, my stomach is all jumbled up after that manic booking session tonight. Have to go wake up DH just to tell him the good news... ;)

I reserved my excursions and registered DD8 in lab. Yippee!

GotMouse - what are the door signs that you mentioned?

Does anyone know what time the last tender is back to the Magic on Grand Cayman. I have a 1:45-3:45 excursion with Captain Marvin's booked. Is there enough time to get back to the ship, or should I book an earlier excursion?

We played it safe and booked the early one the last time we went. It was a great excursion.
I after the holiday's we will be boarding in no time. :cool1:

Sweeks I was wondering what the door signs are as well. I keep reading people are almost done making them but what exactly are they. I hope everyone was able to book everything they wanted. Cutter I agree with you my DH was ready to kill me because ater I booked everything I had to wake him up I was so excited. Seeing as how it was 4:30 in the morning here he wasn't very happy. :goodvibes

Hi everyone! I am so glad you all got the reservations you wanted. For those of you asking about door signs, this is a great thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=838817&highlight=door+signs

I made two door signs for our cruise last summer and I'm already planning for our next trip. They are very fun and identify you to your fellow DISers. I found the magnetic paper for our printer at Staples, but I'm sure most any office store would have it available. You can be as creative as you like. As you will see in the thread I posted, some people really go all out.

RAC,

I changed the excursion to the 11:15 to be safe. Vacations are supposed to be stress free.

That is the one we did, it was a blast. My daughter thought she would like it, she did, just from the boat. My husband, brother, and dad had a great time snorkling. We took turns when we got to the stingrays while one stayed on the boat with DD.
I think you will be happier with the 11:15, since sometime the lines for the tender can be long.
Has anyone confirmed if we are going to Cozumel?

I was wondering about Cozumel as well. For anyone who has done this my husband wants to do the tulem ruins. Is it worth the 7 hours? Would the kids get any enjoyment out of it?

So far it still looks as if we will be on the first DCL cruise to return to Cozumel. I hope it stays that way. We also considered the Tulum excursions, but I was worried it would be too much for my DD6. I have found a great way to get information is to use the search option in the main forum. That is how I found this thread when I was looking for information on Cozumel excursions. I thought you might find it useful since it talks about taking kids on the Tulum excursion.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=862607&highlight=tulum+excursion+children

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter