• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 10th 2013 ~ 4 Night Dreamy Dream Cruise!

does anyone have the list of movies being shown for our wk?

Wow! Thank you all for the kind and warm welcome. Several have asked about our cabin number and we will be in #7172. Thank you so much for thinking of us! I also really appreciate the tip about the pirate party night. We found a few things at our local party shop today so that the boys can dress up and join in the fun. Just one more week to go! Seriously could not possibly be more excited.

Josh, Chrissy, Dylan and Derek

CADZNYCHC said:
does anyone have the list of movies being shown for our wk?

1 week from today! So excited!!
I just talked to DCL on the phone and the agent gave me all the following info:

Clothing:
Sunday- casual dress (no bathing suits)
Monday- dress up night- optional (Captain's Party and pictures taken on deck 3&4).
Tues- Pirate night. We will all be given bandanas. You can bring your own Pirate dress up gear if you want. Fireworks and special buffet on deck 11.
Wednesday- casual dress (no bathing suits)

Live Shows:
Disney's Believe
The Golden Mickey's
Disney's Villains Tonight

Movies theatre shows:
Avengers
Brave 2D & 3D
The Odd Life of Timothy Green
Finding Nemo 3D
Frankenweenie
Wreck It Wralph
Lincoln

sayhellotofrogs said:
:wave2: everyone. Just found out last week that we have been booked for this cruise courtesy of the Make a Wish Foundation. My husband, two sons (10 and 6) and I are very excited and are all first time cruisers. This will be our first family vacation since the onset of my son's cancer over 4 years ago, but he is doing fantastic, off almost all the chemo and meds and ready for some fun. Looking forward to meeting you all soon, it's won't be too long till we'll be sailing away. :beach:

Wonderful!! Hope you have the BEST vacation!!

1 week from today! So excited!!
I just talked to DCL on the phone and the agent gave me all the following info:

Clothing:
Sunday- casual dress (no bathing suits)
Monday- dress up night- optional (Captain's Party and pictures taken on deck 3&4).
Tues- Pirate night. We will all be given bandanas. You can bring your own Pirate dress up gear if you want. Fireworks and special buffet on deck 11.
Wednesday- casual dress (no bathing suits)

Live Shows:
Disney's Believe
The Golden Mickey's
Disney's Villains Tonight

Movies theatre shows:
Avengers
Brave 2D & 3D
The Odd Life of Timothy Green
Finding Nemo 3D
Frankenweenie
Wreck It Wralph
Lincoln

Thanks so much for finding this out for us all!
I am bummed a bit though. I thought the new OZ movie would be showing since it opens right before we start our cruise. I hear they do a huge opening night for the movies that open in theaters while on board, funny then that they put those films away after?

Musicalmommy said:
Thanks so much for finding this out for us all!
I am bummed a bit though. I thought the new OZ movie would be showing since it opens right before we start our cruise. I hear they do a huge opening night for the movies that open in theaters while on board, funny then that they put those films away after?

Yes thank you for finding this info!

Musicalmommy - If you are talking about "OZ great and powerful", I believe that comes out in theaters in March.

Yes thank you for finding this info!

Musicalmommy - If you are talking about "OZ great and powerful", I believe that comes out in theaters in March.

:laughing: That would explain it! February... March.... all blurring together in my head. :rolleyes2

Thanks.

whenever I cruise in the winter I always plan on flying in 1 day ahead in case of bad weather. This time we decided to fly in 2 days early and do the parks on Saturday.

Our flight is scheduled for 2:20pm tomorrow (2/8) and the Nor Easter is scheduled to start midday tomorrow. I sure hope we beat the snow

DH and I are now renting a car and driving one way from NY to Florida (pretty sure flight is going to be cancelled tomorrow). We are leaving tonight.

DH and I are now renting a car and driving one way from NY to Florida (pretty sure flight is going to be cancelled tomorrow). We are leaving tonight.

Bummer. :( Drive safely!
We were supposed to fly South Dakota to MN, to NY to Florida so we could get there before bedtime the day before cruise. But NY is not really an option at this point. Lucky they let us change and now we get to do South Dakota to MN to Florida. Cut out a whole plane ride and now we get into Florida at 2pm instead of 6pm.

But... the car rental company won't let us change our rental pick up time without charging us three time as much as our current rate. I think they would cancel our old rate and start a new rental or something with current rates. We got a great rate and will sit for 3 hours and let our kids mess with all the stuff in their office instead. Maybe they will let us just go that way. Not paying three times our rental costs for three more hours. :confused3 Honestly though we will probably just find an airport sit down resturant to have a snack in or something to pass time.

So who knows what time we will get to the port area but would love to check out one of those port area resturants with a view of the other ships leaving. I am just thankful that our flights were easily fixable, and we got blessed in the long run but cutting out a whole exrta leg of the journey and will most likely get to the Port before our origional arrival time.

Is anyone staying at Country Inn and Suites the night before??

whenever I cruise in the winter I always plan on flying in 1 day ahead in case of bad weather. This time we decided to fly in 2 days early and do the parks on Saturday.

Our flight is scheduled for 2:20pm tomorrow (2/8) and the Nor Easter is scheduled to start midday tomorrow. I sure hope we beat the snow

Oh no! I hope everyone beats the snow. We usually fly through Miami but the tickets were too expensive so we are flying through JFK. I just checked and American has a travel advisory saying if you are flying on the 8th or 9th they will change your tickets for free for the 7th to the 12th. My flight doesn't get in to Orlando until 6PM so that would not help to fly in on the 10th!! :scared:

Hi everyone. Just a suggestion regarding snow issues. We are flying from Baltimore (BWI airport) on AirTran on Sunday AM. The flight leaves Baltimore at 7:35 AM and gets to Orlando at 9:58 AM, plenty of time to get to the ship. (There are also flights Saturday afternoon from BWI to Orlando as well). We are not supposed to get snow in the DC area. So it might be easier for some people to drive or fly to Baltimore and catch a plane from there to Orlando. (I just checked and our flight is now $161 per person, and some of the flights the day before are that price as well). I'm posting just in case this helps anyone. Good luck and safe travels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter