February 03 2007 Eastern

Tammy, we all have or have had parents and know how hard this must be for you! Like DCL said..we are here for you! Ramble away!!:grouphug:

Thanks Again! I suppose I am part of the sandwich :crowded: generation I hear them talking about....caring for a sick parent AND toddlers....not to mention a husband too...I am grateful at this point we don't have any animals...

I took the kids to the doctors yesterday and they got a :thumbsup2 !!! And, we also got a prescription for amoxicillin to take with us....just in case. Just when I started feeling a little more at ease, she looked at me:scratchin and said "Are you the least bit concerned about taking the kids on a large ship across the ocean??" :rolleyes2 Well um, actually no, I heard it was very safe...and hey thanks alot for throwing something else on my shoulders now..:faint:

I'm going to start packing today, things are ALL over the spare bedroom and various parts of the house thanks to my little pirates scavenging through the loot! I think Mary Teresa has almost a bow to match every outfit! I spent two hours yesterday making more for her and she probably will decide she doesn't want to wear them...although she did say she thought they were nice. She usually wears one everyday. My DH is on his own he has traveled enough with work to pack his own suitcase, I'll just do a final check as he hasn't been on a cruise before.

I read in the brochure they "...KINDLY REQUEST THAT NO SHORTS, SWIMSUITS, T-SHIRTS or JEANS BE WORN IN ANY OF OUR RESTAURANTS IN THE EVENING." Does that mean they ask you to leave and change or just look at you like you don't know how to dress??

Does anyone know the phone number that you can call from shore to leave a message for a stateroom or speak to someone incase of emergency?

And, has anyone been to the ZOO on St. Maarten??

My DH just came in from snowblowing, we received around 10 inches of snow last night!

Here's to a better day today :drinking1 ...

:dancer: party: :rockband: Hey everyone doin' the 5 day dance

Why do they wait to the last min, don't they know I'm going on vacation and I need to do nothing the last week before my vacation so I can sit at my desk and daydream about what I will be doing next week and reading what is on my dis board meet group.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Tammy,
I don't have a direct ## (although now that you mention it, I do remember seeing one at one time???). I am leaving the DCL #.....I would hope they would know how to contact the ship111:confused3 ???

Tammy,
I don't have a direct ## (although now that you mention it, I do remember seeing one at one time???). I am leaving the DCL #.....I would hope they would know how to contact the ship111:confused3 ???

I know, I remember seeing one somewhere too! But it's no where to be found now...

pixiedust: now you see it, now you don't

Magicbound-Have you called your cellphone company? I hear :listen: some services work in St. Marten and St. Thomas.My girlfriend says hers is a roaming fee.She wants to be able to call home and check on her Mom also.

I forgot to say GOOD MORNING!!!!It's Tuesday!!!We got about 1 inch of snow. The are predicting off and on snow thru FRiday!I hope we are not delayed on Friday!

Magicbound-Have you called your cellphone company? I hear :listen: some services work in St. Marten and St. Thomas.My girlfriend says hers is a roaming fee.She wants to be able to call home and check on her Mom also.

I just called our provider - Verizon - We are in. Service on the island, and no roaming. Thanks for pointing it out, DW sister is sick, and we need to keep in the loop.

Good Morning everyone! Another day closer and it sounds like we all are about ready to fall apart. I'm at work and all my patients are on the bizzare side and my son woke up at 6a saying his "neck hurts" which means he has a sore throat. I know we only need to get through 3 more days, but if they go down hill from here, I'm in trouble. It sounds like the rest of you are also having your last minute issues. I think we all need to take a moment and have a deep cleansing breath. Then we all need a martini! Hang in there everyone. The end is near and then the great begining comes.

Hope everyone has a better and less stressful day!

Good morning everyone! We leave tomorrow so crunch day is today. Still have packing to do (and lots of it!!!).

Kate's home sick again. :sick: It really seems like just a cold, but I figured what's the point of sending her to school when she's not going to be there for the next 8 days anyway!! May as well try to get her rested up (and not spread the cold to the rest of the class!). Is it good or bad that it's just a cold?!?! If she had an infection, I could start antibiotics today and she'd be on the mend at WDW and golden by the time we hit the cruise. A cold could drag on and on. Oh well, nothing I can control. (Any why can't I control everything in the world?!?!? :scratchin ) I've packed all the cold meds in the world and picked up our emergency antibiotic prescription just in case! (I feel your pain, smarttm)

I'm getting off this board so I can downloads pics of our camera thereby emptying space for the gazillions of pics I'll take starting TOMORROW!!!

Hope everyone has a good day and that we all manage the last-minute crises that seem to be erupting around us! I'm sending :flower3: :hug: pixiedust: to all who need them!!

- Quenby

Good Morning!!
Today is a slow day in the OR, so it is going to be a long day of thinking about the cruise and all the little things I want to get done before I leave. Only 3 more days until we load the luggage in the car. We fly Friday am. I will have to check the list and see who is staying at the Radisson. Maybe we can get started on being Happy and Laid Back.
Have a Great Day!!!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Good Morning everyone! Another day closer and it sounds like we all are about ready to fall apart. I'm at work and all my patients are on the bizzare side and my son woke up at 6a saying his "neck hurts" which means he has a sore throat. I know we only need to get through 3 more days, but if they go down hill from here, I'm in trouble. It sounds like the rest of you are also having your last minute issues. I think we all need to take a moment and have a deep cleansing breath. Then we all need a martini! Hang in there everyone. The end is near and then the great begining comes.

Hope everyone has a better and less stressful day!

Did you call the doctor? Strep throat, 48 hour flu and now pink eye is going around our doctor said.

Well this kind of explains a few things....

There will be FULL MOON starting on Friday 2.2.07 and it happens to be Groundhog Day.

Good Morning!!
Today is a slow day in the OR, so it is going to be a long day of thinking about the cruise and all the little things I want to get done before I leave. Only 3 more days until we load the luggage in the car. We fly Friday am. I will have to check the list and see who is staying at the Radisson. Maybe we can get started on being Happy and Laid Back.
Have a Great Day!!!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Hi,
We will be at the Radisson at the Port, but we don't fly in until 9:30 pm. We are going to stop at a Walmart on the way too. So, I probably won't see you until the morning. Did you make your reservation for the shuttle to the port?

Tammy- We are kind of lucky in that both my DH and I are physicians. We have seen alot of what we call "the crud" lately. I will pack the pharmacy as usual, but he hasn't been sick all winter and he always does this. As soon as it's time to go on vacation he gets sick. AGHHHH!! The good news is that we are used to it.

HI!
I should have been keeping notes to remember who asked for what info...but I didn't.
To make ressies for Palo it usually is at the Rockin Bar D, this is forward on Deck three(this is the deck we enter the ship on)...Make a right in the Lobby, past the elevators and the first bar is the Rockin Bar D. LBGraves one of the moderators says they hand out a flyer to tell where the ressies are. As you enter the ship you can ask the Cast Members who greets you and tells you where to eat lunch.

Yes, we taking the shuttle from the Radisson, supposedly the first one.

Tammy- We are kind of lucky in that both my DH and I are physicians. We have seen alot of what we call "the crud" lately. I will pack the pharmacy as usual, but he hasn't been sick all winter and he always does this. As soon as it's time to go on vacation he gets sick. AGHHHH!! The good news is that we are used to it.

Do you have your own practice together?

I know, they always seem to get sick at the worst times...

So I have a question that I've wanted to ask, but always felt kind of silly....Who do Doctors call when they are sick?? :confused3 Do you have your own physician or can you write yourself prescriptions? Just one of those ponderables I suppose.

i'm not having the laid back feeling.. my mudder..keeps trying to pile crap on me this week..

gah..

Ok Kim, this is worked a little for me....took a shower with the heat lamp on...made the bathroom unbearably hot and steamy, and used my coconut shower gel and conditioner...made me forget where I was for a brief moment~:cool1:

Now I understand those old Calgon take me away commercials!

BTW, I found an over the door shoe hanger at our drug store for 6.50. Searched all the Dollar stores in our area and they only had real small ones.

Hang in there in just a few short days you will be happy and laid back! We will be sipping Martini's(or whatever) laid back and HAPPY!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter