February 03 2007 Eastern

Alas, another thread says that Formal Night is moved to Monday by the Captain due to Super Bowl...

Bet he doesn't do that for the Stanley Cup Finals!

Just got off the phone with resse. Formal night is no longer Sunday - due to the Superbowl - but they do not yet know what day it will be.

Anyone here also have a late 8:30pm dinner seating?

With our young kids probably at the Oceaneers' Club, I guess it might just be us two at dinner.

Actually that solves one worry for me! We are getting DH's suit and shirts pressed when we get on board...this gives a bit of leeway!
I guess I'll watch the Superbowl, since it is on the ship and all!....even though the Ravens and the Eagles are history!
Just got off the phone with resse. Formal night is no longer Sunday - due to the Superbowl - but they do not yet know what day it will be.

We have late as well, don't know yet if is 8, 8:15 or 8:30. Our kids are a bit older...we are hoping they make it to dinner!

Anyone here also have a late 8:30pm dinner seating?

With our young kids probably at the Oceaneers' Club, I guess it might just be us two at dinner.

;) Don't get me started on the lack of Hockey respect there is in this world!!;) We will be heading up to your neck of the woods in March for a Hockey Tournament! Planning to visit Toronto to the hockey hall of fame! (I think that is were it is??!!??)

Alas, another thread says that Formal Night is moved to Monday by the Captain due to Super Bowl...

Bet he doesn't do that for the Stanley Cup Finals!

Vicki, follow the online check in on the DCL web site. In the end you will only print out the signature page I believe.
OK I don't want to be dumb but... what were the documents I filled out on line? Do I have to print those up and take them with? This is new to me!
I was looking at my calendar and realized I don't have much time left to pack. Where did that year go?

Thanks!! I am glad I have things to keep me occupied till the big day!! I think over scheduled to keep to keep busy. But know am regretting choice!Less time to read the boards!

I am back just a week from MN a lovely cool trip, to Northern Calif freezing mornings. Yes we have ice cicles, it has been getting to 20 degrees at night and up to 55 in the afternoons. With wind chill it is getting to about 17. This is really cold for us. Lake Tahoe which is about 2 hours away from me has been at -7 with the wind chill factor. Soo as you can imagine we too can't wait for the warm weather of the Carribean. I hope they are having nomal weather for this time of year. The past two years have been great.

Oh by the way. My DD(22) is all packed. one large suitcase and a small backpack for carry on. I am amost at the same, except I have a one large and a regular size carry on so we can carry on some adult beverage making supplies and our magic bullet blender for mixing our own adult smoothies. Oh, yes I'll probably have my laptop as well, but not sure yet kind of like it for down loading my pictures, we ususally take a lot.

Looking forward to meeting you all at on the 3rd at 3pm on deck 3 at Captian Mickey statue. Correct.

I can't seem to find it but was the Birthday bash going to be Wednesday at 10pm in Rock'n Bar D or somewhere else.

Good Morning!!! They just changed our flight to a later flighr. I called because our friends were already sitting around the airport waiting for 4 hours!So now we get in early!! Yeah! We are going to rent a car from budget
and go to DTD before heading to hotel. Or maybe we could hang on the beach somewhere!! Anyway who has used Budget for the port? Is it close?

We're staying at the Port Orleans Riverside for four nights prior to the DCL transfers taking us to PC on Saturday. I hope that they get us to the terminal early enough so that we can board early and get our Palo ressie.

Nevertheless, we'll be spending Friday at DTD shopping and eating.

So will we unless I can talk my hubby into goiung to the Magic Kingdom!!!!!:cool1: Then I could get me Magic Kingdom fix and be satisfied for awhile!!! I am going to ask really nice!!

We're staying at the Port Orleans Riverside for four nights prior to the DCL transfers taking us to PC on Saturday. I hope that they get us to the terminal early enough so that we can board early and get our Palo ressie.

Nevertheless, we'll be spending Friday at DTD shopping and eating.
We're staying at Port Orleans Riverside the night before the cruise and doing the DCL transfer!!! Maybe we could get together for dinner?:idea:

HADD!!!:earsboy: :earsgirl:

Hello everybody!

18 days and counting!!

We are a family of 5 who are new to disney cruising. We have done Disney World every year for the past 5 years but never done the cruise. We have been planning this trip with my in laws and sister in law for years. I can't believe it is already here!! We are coming from the Chicago area so are looking forward to some warm weather, R&R and of course the superbowl!!! We actually live in Indiana about 30 mins. from Chicago so are hoping the Bears and the Colts are playing each other.

Like Gmark2000 (thanks for the personal invite by the way) we too have some concerns never being on a cruise with the kids before. Right now I am stressing b/c my oldest had the stomach flu this weekend so now I am waiting to see if he passed it to anybody else! We should be in the clear after today, however my daughter is now complaining of a sore throat!!!!! I would never have guessed planning for this cruise would be so stressful. It makes it harder when you have other family members to work with also!!!! I just hope my expectations are not to high for this cruise. Everybody that I know that has done a disney cruise raves about it and says how great it is. Hopefully the kids, hubby and myself LOVE it!!!

Ah, the worries, the woes. I'm a worrywart myself. Before our first cruise I stressed obsessively that I would have a panic attack from being so far from solid land or one of us would get seasick and puke all week. Neither happened. Guess that was a lot of wasted energy.

Now I'm all worried someone's going to get the flu before we go or after all this unseasonably warm January weather we'll be repaid with an ice storm on the morning of Feb 3rd and we won't make the port in time. Somebody please shake me and tell me it'll all be all right!!

Belated congrats Jokesten!! I love babies! (Don't want any more of my own, but I know I'll love being a grandma.....some day!)

tjeagle, I saw you're doing Airtran on Fri. We're going Southwest and don't leave until 8am Saturday. Oy! I should have planned like you and decided to leave a day before.

I'm jealous of all you folks getting to spend time in WDW a week before the cruise!

We have late dinner seating also, but aren't sure of the exact time. Late seating will be new for us and we've been on the waiting list for early seating since we booked a year ago. I'm planning a beeline to Rockin' Bar D and hope to have that changed as soon as I get on board!

gmark, how do you know you're seating is 8:30? I called my TA and DCL directly to see if they could give me my exact time and they said there's no way to find out until we board and get our little assignment card.

SnowWhite, I cracked up when I read that your daughter had already packed. My 11-year-old has also! Or at least she's made a heaping pile in the corner of her room of things she "cannot live without". i.e., it's half her room and would take up our entire luggage collection if I let her pack it all.

The big thing on my list I'm hoping to tackle this weekend is having the kids try on all their shorts and capris and sundresses from last summer and pray they fit.

Question: I was planning to have my girls wear their Christmas dresses to formal night. They're not terribly "Christmasy" (black velour top and black/white plaid bottoms with a red bow), but they all match and look so adorable. Anybody think that's tacky?

Hello Everyone!
My name is Tammy and I will be on the cruise with you along with my husband, 3 1/2 yr old dd, and 2 1/2 yr old dd. Anyone else with children close in age?? I'm wondering what excursions to book for us with them being so young. Also a big concern is car seats....please advise what everyone else is doing. Thanks!!!
Tammy
Buffalo, NY

We will be in cabin 7058 and will be flying in on 2/2 staying at Radisson at port canaveral. Anyone else staying there that night??

Hi Tammy, yes we will be there on 2/2 also. My name is Vicki we hace a dd 41/2 and a ds 8. I am sure our daughters would have a great time!!
Can't wait to get there!!!

Finished our magnetic door sign today, packed our passports, tylenol and books. Bought the DW a DVD player for Xmas, she needs to test it. We are flying out on the 3rd, usually go the day before, but with the new grandson we figured we'd need a fix as we'll be gone two weeks. We start baby sitting 4/17 and have commited to one year, maybe more depending on how good the baby is. This will put a crimp in our cruising schedule, as we planned B2B every three months, ah well. We will be booking 1/05/2008 on this cruise for the family, we just realized it will be Ian's first birthday, a seasoned cruiser as this will be his 2nd cruise. Don't stress Lisapisa, what ever happens happens, can't ever stop those things. I figure if they forecast snow we'll drive to Baltimore on Friday and leave from there. WOW, 17 days, that's close :dance3: :cheer2:

Hi Vicki!
I'm sure they will have a great time together. What excursions are you planning? Do we have to book them in at the oceaneers club ahead of time?? I believe we have early seating for dinner. Where is your cabin? We will not be getting in to orlando until around 9-9:30 Fri night so it will be a late night getting to the Radisson. I'm still not sure if we are going to rent a car or take a transfer.
Tammy

Hello Everyone!
My name is Tammy and I will be on the cruise with you along with my husband, 3 1/2 yr old dd, and 2 1/2 yr old dd. Anyone else with children close in age?? I'm wondering what excursions to book for us with them being so young. Also a big concern is car seats....please advise what everyone else is doing. Thanks!!!
Tammy
Buffalo, NY

We will be in cabin 7058 and will be flying in on 2/2 staying at Radisson at port canaveral. Anyone else staying there that night??

Hi Tammy,

We'll be there with my DD who turned 3 in December and my DS who is almost 2. I don't remember our cabin number but I believe it's pretty close to yours. I'm sure we'll see each other on the boat!

As for car seats - I'm leaving them at home and will be relying on taxis - we probably won't go on any excursions that require long drives, I'm expecting to do mainly beach days.

Samantha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter