February 03 2007 Eastern

Frexicle,
I have been reading some posts about the door signs (I am so darned addicting to this site!!) Make sure you personalize them with your names...it seems they are more likely to "disappear" without a personalization! pixiedust:

I was reading this too. I like the idea of putting your room number on it. Some people are just not happy having good clean fun with their families I guess.

Tjeagle, I see the cruise is your 40th b-day celebration! I turn 40 next month so it is mine too....just a little bit delayed that's all:banana: !

Hi everyone! Just thought I'd post to bump us back up to page 1 again.

Hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day weekend if you're here in the States. Summer has hit full-force in NY with temps in the high 80s. I took my kids (DD - 6 and DS -3) to Sturbridge Village, MA for the weekend. It was a nice getaway. DH has been away working in London for 6 months so I needed a road-trip that I could manage on my own with them. I'm happy to report they had a good time - and no one got carsick! HOORAY! I'm also happy to report that I got 15 minutes of peace and quiet. The hotel we stayed in booked us in a room that had a sliding door to the indoor pool so once I got the kids in bed, I spent 15 minutes outside our door in the hot tub! Ahhh.

Well, that DH of mine is coming home (HOORAY!!) on Sunday so I guess I should get to cleaning the house. Don't want him to run back to London frightened by the dust bunnies (well, dust elephants!) in our house!

Take care!

Well, that DH of mine is coming home (HOORAY!!) on Sunday so I guess I should get to cleaning the house. Don't want him to run back to London frightened by the dust bunnies (well, dust elephants!) in our house!

Wow! I've never heard of dust elephants! :rotfl2:

Congrats on your DH coming home, queenbee1127. Being away from home is tough. My DH does a lot of short trips here and there around the states. I don't like it when he's gone.

All of this warm weather we're having in the midwest is getting me into summer mode. The summer will fly by....they always do. Then we'll be that much closer to our cruise!

It's such a bonus that it's already Wednesday! I'm thinking I should take every Monday off. Mondays are such a drag! I love the 4-day work week! Oh, speaking of work.....

Have a supercalafragalistic day!
Erica

Hi all,
It's been awhile since I last posted. I've been over in Germany for most of May for work, so I've been trying to catch up on things around home. I just priced out our cruise now and the price has gone up $1000 from when we booked on-board in Feb. It seems so far away still. I found myself pricing out a 3 or 4 night Wonder trip to tide us over . . .

Well, I think I am going to hold off getting my airfare (even though the rates are going up slightly!!)
DH found out yesterday that he may be offered a position in MA. Not sure of when but he may be going up there for a 30 day detail sometime in the next few weeks.
I was going to book my flight today (June 1st...) I hate having things up in the air!!
I know a few of you are in MA or originally from MA....anyone near Sudbury?? :listen:

Good morning all! It is a cloudy dreary day here in MD!

Just noticed we are exactly 8 months from our trip!!

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Nice door erica, won't know if we will be on this cruise, most likely not I'm sorry to say. Our DD is pregnant and due in Jan. We will still go on the 2/10 cruise because it's our anniversary. After much thought I've decided a new grandchild is worth missing a cruise, at least I think so, ha ha. With the magic gone next summer our cruise schedule is badly hampered. Looks like a family cruise 1/07/08. We'll try for a cruise next Sept maybe a B2B we'll see how our 9/30, 10/07 B2B goes.

Joksten
I am so sorry you won't be joining us...but what a great reason to change your plans!
I enjoy you messages and advice...I hope you will still hang around our thread!! :grouphug:

So, does anyone have any exciting summer plans??

DD is getting married this summer. The ceremony and reception will be at home, so we've got lots to do!

Anyone else?

We are leaving next week to visit MIL in San Antonio and spending a week on the Frio River which is about 100 miles west of there

Hello all!

This is a little late...but I'm hoping I can still turn in my essay about my summer plans? Homework was never my favorite! Just kidding!

Actually, I made my first trip to Disneyland last week & haven't had a chance to catch up with you guys until now. So, I guess I just told you about the best part of my summer plans! I spent 5 nights at the Candy Cane Resort with my sis. It was my first real "stay" in CA. Last August my family flew into LAX to jump on the Magic and sail her through the Panama Canal. I was only in LA for 1 night....so it was nice that I got to stay for a few nights this time. I fell in love with DL & hope to make it back there someday. As for the rest of my summer.....I'll be attending a wedding, spending time windsurfing on my favorite lake in WI, and hopefully, by the end of the summer, will be starting to work on building a house across from the lake that I windsurf! I'm in the middle of moving from MN to WI. That should keep me busy for a while! Oh, and I'll be counting down to our Feb. cruise...can't forget that!

Anyone else?
Erica J.

:rotfl2: Hi all! I signed on to this group long ago and haven't been on since. I am Debi and my husband is Cal. We are going to be along with all of you in Feb. We were on last Feb. for the Super Bowl cruise.

My summer plans are to work (abbreviated schedule - I work at a private Christian school.) We are going to Pensacola, FL for a week to visit friends at their condo on the Gulf. (Please, no hurricanes this time.) Then I am celebrating my 50th b'day in July. We are going to Lexington, VA. Very historical and there is a horse center there. My goal for turning 50 is to ride a horse. Funny, huh?

Hello all! Just checked in and realized we are below the 7 month mark!!

My Cruise Bin is filling up slowly! I seem to be on the look out for cruise items whenever I am out!!

Hope everyone is enjoyin there summer! It has been pretty raining here in MD....but the sun is shining today!

DD (8) and DS (8) are both still pumped for the cruise! DD would love to email any girls her age that will be cruising with us!! Let me know if you have any chatty daughters out there!! princess:

YIPPEE SKIPPEE :cheer2: :cheer2: are we actually LESS than seven months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEAVEN ON EARTH THE DISNEY CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

Summer is finally here in New England..we have actually had some sun for more than a week!!! With all the rain May & June...I was getting so depressed but since July 1st the weather has been :thumbsup2 !!

So funny as I walk the Malls and do some shopping...being the time of year it is I always see something I would LOVE to wear on my cruise in Feb!!!! I think about it almost DAILY!!! I need to get a gripe!!

Anyway..keep this thread going!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

Hi Guys!!!

It took us a while but we finally booked today! We're in Cabin 2610. This will be our third cruise on the Magic. We'll post more soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter