• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 03 2007 Eastern

The only person I pay any attention to is Danielle Clark Cruise Sales Manager, our rebooking Cruise Sales Director, and a great job she does, three Cheers for her. I believe Captain Tom is still with us and I think Allan is the Cruise Director but don't quote me. Sorry but I really go brain dead on the ship. I've looked all over the Navigators and don't see any names.

Hopefully we will be with you. My DD has comp time so we'll have to wait and see. Probably have to make a decision in Nov not to lose anything

Hello!

I believe Captain Tom is still with us and I think Allan is the Cruise Director but don't quote me. Sorry but I really go brain dead on the ship.

joksten2000, no worries. I was just curious who is currently in charge of my favorite ship....besides Captain Mickey that is. I've cruised the most with Captain Tom now. He does a great job. Seems like he never gets a break! Of course, I don't blame him for wanting to work on the Magic!

I made a trip to Mall of America a couple of days ago. The only Disney Store in MN is located there. My sis, mom and I all got matching shirts/tanks & skirts for the Feb. cruise. They had just put them out on the floor. They are REALLY cute! Sounds like they were getting kids' sizes in the next day. They are a deep red color with tan palm leaves and flowers. There's a Hawaiian Mickey & Minnie scene on the backs of the shirts etc. If you're looking for a great tropical outfit, check out your local Disney Store! That's my shopping report for the day!

TTFN
Erica J.

Okay, I need someone to "talk me down". We had decided after looking at the higher prices for the dates the kids were out of school that we would go cheaper and have them miss some days. This week in Feb. they have off on the 7th (my b-day :banana: ) so...they would only miss 4 days...
Well now...after reading so much we have decided to travel to Orlando on the 2nd...another school day missed. I am suddenly feeling very guilty! Jake and Leah will only be in 3rd grade....but they generally don't miss more than a day or 2 of school all year....
Any advise....or maybe I should say...any justifications out there to ease my guilt??? :rolleyes2
Jackie :surfweb:

Jackie~

(Just my opinion) I wouldn't feel guilty...they are only in 3rd grade and although it is more days than they would normally miss, I think they will be fine. Maybe you could get the work your kids will miss ahead of time? Just a thought....

I am taking my daughter out of Pre-K (its a special pre-k for language) and she will only have 2 more days of school when we return before school is out here. The teacher is going to give me some things to practice with Sydney while we are gone...and she told me to bring her back for the parties they are having the last days of school.

She also told me it was great we were going and that the kids will have such a great time, that alleviated any guilt I had! :)

Hello fellow cruisers! My DH, DD4 and I are booked for Feb 3rd! We actually book while on our last Feb cruise for a back to back, TWO WEEKS on the Magic! But decided to do a Dec cruise on Carnival Valor and the Feb 3rd on the Magic. This will be our 3rd cruise and our 1st Eastern.

Hello UMBER!

Me my husband and daughters (4 and 1) will be going. Great people so far on this thread! Welcome! :)

Welcome welcome!

You're going to love the Eastern Itineary! It's great having a couple of days on the Magic before you stop in St. Maarten. The shopping is great on this cruise also!

Glad you're joining in on our Feb. 3rd cruise fun!

Erica J.

In the scheme of things a few days missed in school will not mean a thing, Jackie, but the memories will be with them always. I think we spent our share on the 4/15 cruise :banana: Gees Umber we would have loved your company on our B2B

DH and I decided to cancel our cruise with you. We were at WDW without kids for the first time a month ago and decided we would enjoy a trip just for us. Sooo...we are planning a big WDW trip just the two of us next year. Have a wonderful time, everyone and enjoy the Super Bowl at the Dumbotron!

We'll be there with you all on Feb. 3! My DH and I are so excited! It's our first cruise. DD (6) and DS (3) don't know yet. I'm new to the whole Disney thing and the whole Board thing (so I hope I'm doing it right!!), but we're happy to be joining you and look forward to counting down to our trip! :cool1:

queenbee1127 said:
We'll be there with you all on Feb. 3! My DH and I are so excited! It's our first cruise. DD (6) and DS (3) don't know yet. I'm new to the whole Disney thing and the whole Board thing (so I hope I'm doing it right!!), but we're happy to be joining you and look forward to counting down to our trip! :cool1:
:cheer2: Welcome Queenbee!!! :cheer2:

need_a_Disney_fix said:
DH and I decided to cancel our cruise with you. We were at WDW without kids for the first time a month ago and decided we would enjoy a trip just for us. Sooo...we are planning a big WDW trip just the two of us next year. Have a wonderful time, everyone and enjoy the Super Bowl at the Dumbotron!

Have a good time Laurie.

tjeagle said:
Okay, I need someone to "talk me down". We had decided after looking at the higher prices for the dates the kids were out of school that we would go cheaper and have them miss some days. This week in Feb. they have off on the 7th (my b-day :banana: ) so...they would only miss 4 days...
Well now...after reading so much we have decided to travel to Orlando on the 2nd...another school day missed. I am suddenly feeling very guilty! Jake and Leah will only be in 3rd grade....but they generally don't miss more than a day or 2 of school all year....
Any advise....or maybe I should say...any justifications out there to ease my guilt??? :rolleyes2
Jackie :surfweb:

Jackie,
I understand your concern. We have lucked out the past two years that our kids' mid-winter breaks fell outside the norm (thus allowing for reasonable cruise fare). Michigan just passed a law this year that forbids schools from starting the fall term prior to Labor Day. This has caused our local school district to re-plan for next year. The new school schedule has not been posted yet as they need to ratify it with the teachers. I just picked this week in hope that the break falls during the cruise. If not, then we'll still pull the kids out for a week (2nd and 4th grade). I think that they get an incredible experience that we can turn into an educational one.

Just my two cents worth . . .

you'll be missed Laurie, have a great time.

Welcome Queenbee looking forward to meeting everyone.

Busy looking at Modular Homes, my neighbor got one and I'm very impressed.
Very exciting watching them lift it over the telephone wires with a crane. My DD just got an estimate on a 1824 sqft house complete with basement and a lot of extras $188K Now all they have to do is find some land. A lot cheaper than trying to buy a home on the market, and new is always better than used (lived in). Since we are excited to baby sit we're thinking of buying one next to them, but I think a little smaller. I really had no idea what a basement cost, I thought $7500 that was a fantasy the quote is for $26,425 quite a difference, it's funny how prices go way up when you haven't looked in years. Pretty scary for young people just starting out. We certainly don't want a mortage at our age. Don't want to hit the retirement fund, want every penny there, the market has been doing grrrrreattttt. As Tony would say. Since October it's been scary how very very well we've done Hope it keeps up for another year. We all know what goes up must come down. I don't want to live through another down turn, so I'll watch closely and get out, not be greedy. pirate: pillage the market

I posted this on the Forum page...then thought, I should have asked the gang who will be traveling at the same time!
How far out do you generally book your flights?? I have been watching rates (right now approx. $200 pp from Baltimore) but know SouthWest usually has good rates.....but they are only booking up through Sept right now.....

Anyone??

Joksten...we are from NJ and feel your real estate pain! The housing market here in MD is similar to NJ but we are alittle luckier with our tax rates!
:sad2:

A little more expensive but the air miles are helpful. Our flight down was 321.60 each I like to book early because it's hard to get a decent flight time back. One year we had a 6:30pm flight that was a killer. After watching Southwest on A&E I don't think I'd ever fly with them. The cruise is more expensive than the flight so I want to know i"ll be there. Easter we had a 12:20 flight back and for 9/30 we have a 1pm back on 10/14. Depending how we manage on a B2B will dictate if we move this cruise, my DW isn't crazy about doing a B2B but is humoring me. I'll keep the 2/10 as that is our Anniversary. :banana: :love: :grouphug:

Just alittle note to bump us back up to the front!!
Anyone else on the cruise with 8 yr olds??

Just thought I'd drop a little note to say Hi to everyone. There hasn't been much chatter on our thread recently.

I just looked up the superbowl for 2007 and it will be on the Sunday we are cruising. I know there was some chatter about that earlier, but I don't think anyone ever verified it. SO - party on the Magic with the Superbowl!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter