• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Feb. Weather and Crowds?

wdwholic1206

Mouseketeer
Okay my fellow Diser's I need some help. I have a REALLY bad "itch" to go back to WDW TODAY!!! The soonest I can get back is in Feb. The begining 2 weeks before Pres. week. Can anyone tell me how the crowds are and what the weather is like at that time? Is it worth it to go then or should I just wait and go in May? I have never been in Feb. do they usually have codes out for that time frame? Thanks for the help.

It's been 10 years since we went in Feb, but the first 2 weeks are usually not crowded. I believe it's the 2nd weekend in Feb that they host a cheerleading competition, so MGM gets crazy.
As far as the weather, it's a mix. When we arrived it was 20 degrees (which is warmer than the below 6 we had left) and by the end of the week it was up to 70 during the day. Evenings are usually cooler.
One thing that you have to watch for since it's a slower month (also January), they close some rides for refurbishment.

Enjoy...we are feeling our itch and can't wait to get back to WDW...40 more days!

Weather- being a South Floridian I can tell you February is usually a great month anywhere in FL and I can tell you we've been to WDW twice in Feb. over the past 4 years and the weather was really nice, somedays it was downright chilly but hey if you can get away with a warm-up, scarf and gloves it's ok with me! :thumbsup2 It's all "relative" according to where you're coming in from. ;) Just make sure to bring cold weather clothes and even some shorts, t-shirts and a bathing suit, never know it can be warm enough to swim!

Crowd-wise, first 2 weeks of Feb. are probably the best weeks to visit WDW! The weather is comfy and the crowds are usually VERY LIGHT. They really start to pick up the weekend of President's Day. Prior to that they're great! We enjoy this time of year but always seem to plan other trips too close to this time so we end up having to skip it. :thumbsup2

As far as codes, I'd keep eyes open now and over the next month or so. They should be coming out soon, since right now they are out through Dec.

GO FOR EARLY FEB...great time to go!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

phantom728 said:
When we arrived it was 20 degrees (which is warmer than the below 6 we had left) and by the end of the week it was up to 70 during the day. Evenings are usually cooler

:eek: 20? Are you sure? I haven't lived here for 10 years but, are you sure it was 20 degrees here?

In my experience, Feb has very comfortable temperatures during the day although things can get a bit chilly at night.

UPDATE:

I guess you are right
February 5, 1996 -

the great arctic outbreak of '96 began to wind down, but not before one more frigid morning. Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina dropped to zero degrees for its coldest February temperature on record. Lakeland and Orlando, Florida recorded subfreezing temperatures with 24 and 26 degrees, respectively. 10 below zero at Lynchburg, Virginia tied its all-time record low.
Source

Obviously a freakish weather occurrence.

We were there the week before President's Day in 2004...It was wonderful and we would definitely go again at this time! :thumbsup2
The crowds were low, so even though park hours were shorter, we had plenty of time to see and do everything.
As for weather, we had some rainy days, but for the most part the weather was warm. Friday night was the only day that it was cool and we needed a jacket. As we sat outside waiting for Fantasmic! to start, we felt like we were sitting at a football game in October back home (Ohio)! It was in the low 50's...
At that time, they were running specials...so we got a pretty good deal...

Have fun! It's a great time to go! :goodvibes

We were in Disney last Feb during Presidents Week and didnt experience many problems with crowds. Of course being as neurotic as I am about planning, we had everything on a schedule and made use of FastPass. That is important for the major attractions. I think the longest we waited was about 20-25mins for TT.Everything was less. I dont know if we hit things right or if the stars and planets were aligned, but we really didnt wait long for anything.

Weather was nice, although very cool at night. KIds loved the swimming in the "heated" pools, but it was still not warm enough for me. Make dining ressies early if you plan on dining, cuz they will be booked soon if not already. We thought it was a great time to visit.

We went Feb 9-16 this year and LOVED it. Great weather, crowds were very low. This was the week before President's week.

Weather: Most days it got up to the 70's, started out in the 40's in the morning. We usually just dressed in layers so we were able to take things off as it got warmer. February is supposedly the driest month of the year, and we had only ONE day of rain but it didn't damper anything we wanted to do. A couple days we had a LOW temperature dip - there were frost advisories out. But even on those days, it still got comfortable enough during the day (60's). If you don't have your heart set on water parks, this is a great time to go. It can definitely be done though....we got to swim on our last day at our resort, it got to the 70's and 80's.

Crowds: They were GREAT. There were so many rides we were able to walk right onto and some that we would ride over and over again. Around mid-day, it would definitely get a little crowded. But in the earlier morning hours and later in the day, it was awesome.

We liked February so much we are going AGAIN in 2007? This time we're going Feb 1-9 (staying an EXTRA nite).

We love Feb! We went Feb 07 for 8 days and are going in Feb 07 for 10 days, and can't wait. We loved the weather this year it was cool at night in the morning about 50's but not bad for Wisconsin people. During the day it was 70's and sunny. No rain the 8 days we were there!!! We even swam 3 days but remember we are from WI. The crowds were WONDERFUL!!! The most we waited was about 20 mins the entire trip, yes that's true. I am not sure we would go anyother month from now on. (unless we could afford to go 2x a year, not yet). Good luck in your decision. :thumbsup2

Weather: Most days it got up to the 70's, started out in the 40's in the morning. We usually just dressed in layers so we were able to take things off as it got warmer.

Ok, really dumb question here :rotfl2: , When you took off your "layers", where did you put them??? Did you rent a locker or did you carry a bag? :confused3 Just wondering as we are going in Feb 2007. Thanks.

Sunnymom 02 :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter