Feb. or May

bbrnca

addiction r bad unless a Mickey one
Planning a trip to DL in 2020 now my question for those that live out that way which month is better Feb or May. I know Feb here in Canada is or can be arctic cold and may a little warmer but this year was almost arctic cold. what's it like out there ? Is Feb. like 70's during the day and 50's at night ? Any info would be great.

It was cold and rainy this past February. And by cold I mean 60’s with the sun never coming out and consistent rain and sometimes downpours. I went super bowl Sunday (1st weekend in February) and that whole weekend was torrential rain.

We go towards the end of February most often and the weather is very much what you are describing. They get some rain sometimes in February, but we've only had one trip where it actually rained (though it did dump on us that time). You need a light jacket very early in the morning and later in the evening for sure.

We've been mostly very happy with going this time of year, but do keep in mind sometimes things are down for refurb in the early part of the year (for example, Space Mountain was down during our trip this year).

Weather is one of those things that you can't really predict. February has a higher chance of being rainy and cold than May, but May has a chance of being miserably hot. You can see the range of weather conditions on various weather sites, but here's the link to the one for Weather.com.

Along with the weather, there are other things (like refurbishments, crowds, operating hours and entertainment) that depend on when in both of those months you are thinking of going.

I would go in May between those two. I've been to Disneyland over spring break in April before (many years ago) and it was chilly pretty much every day. and got quite cold at night. I'm Canadian also (but my hometown was Victoria so no winter to speak of lol). It was cold for me! Now that I live in Ottawa, perhaps it wouldn't seem so. It's a crap shoot. I've also been to Disneyland in December and the weather was all over the place. Not bad, but cold at night. Either way, I love Disneyland California so much more than Disneyworld. I miss going there more often (it was easier when I still lived on the West Coast).

I'd go with May as the preferred month for two reasons:

First, February has Presidents Day right in the middle of the month. For 2020, it will be Monday, February 17th. As a national holiday, a lot of locals and others use the holiday to bookend a quick trip to Disneyland. With May, the first 3 weeks of the month are fine and you just have to avoid the Memorial Day holiday at the end of the month.

Second is the weather--not in Anaheim, but in other places if you don't get a direct flight. The weather in Anaheim in February is like you described--the low's will be in the high 40°s or low 50°s and the high's will be in the high 60°s to low 70°s. It will be nice and I wouldn't worry about clouds or rain, unless you want to spend a lot of time at the pool.

But if you don't get a direct flight, there may be flight delays trying to connect to John Wayne or one of the L.A. area airports. I'm not sure what part of Canada you'd be coming from, but if you were flying out of Montréal and connecting through Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, Denver, etc., you should expect flight delays. However, if you're coming down from Vancouver, then I wouldn't worry about the weather so much, as long as any of your connecting flights are West Coast flights.

Well we decided on February. Booked a 1 bedroom DVC Villa, there was actually an opening yesterday afternoon so i snatched it up.. We fly Toronto to Chicago to John Wayne and stopping in Denver on way home. Flew to Aulani last Feb. with the same stops and was nice weather in both layovers... but hey everyday in the winter is always a challenge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter