Feb/March at disney?

Laura549

Earning My Ears
My family and I are trying plan our first trip to disney world and wondering what is like at the end of feb. Into the beginning of march? Anyone go this time of year? I am worried it be too cold. Can you swim in the pools? Wondering if we should go in Nov or Dec instead? Advice please!

February is a nice time to go. However, the crowds will be lower up until the Thursday before Presidents Day. At that point it gets crowded with folks on spring break. The weather is hard to pinpoint. It can be very pleasant - in the 60's/70's - or much chillier. If you keep an eye on weather conditions closer to your trip, you'll get some guidance there. November and December are also great. The same applies with the weather. Mid-November (except for the week of Thanksgiving) & the first two weeks of December have lower crowds (and cheaper hotel rates).

My family and I are trying plan our first trip to disney world and wondering what is like at the end of feb. Into the beginning of march? Anyone go this time of year? I am worried it be too cold. Can you swim in the pools? Wondering if we should go in Nov or Dec instead? Advice please!

I'm in exactly the same boat! It's our first trip and I'm thinking of going the last week of February into the first week of March 2017. Our anniversary is February 26th, so I want to go during that week.

Piggybacking on this thread, since that's when we're planning our Disneymoon! (We're getting married the 28th of February!)

I have been to WDW and Orlando in mid-March a couple of times: once it was mostly nice but with a few chilly/rainy days, and once it was fairly hot and humid! I do think it just depends, and the weather can be quite variable that time of year.

Keep in mind that Easter is early in 2016, so Spring Breaks will be starting in early March. Also, President's week is a VERY busy week here at Disney Feb. 13-21 will be SUPER busy (especially since Princess marathon weekend is the 18-21 also.) November is great if you go the week before Thanksgiving, or the first couple weeks of December are also nice. Weather is iffy all of those months, but the pools at Disney are kept heated.

I've been both in Feb and March. and the weather will be fine for swimming. Actually the best weather I've ever had was in Feb.

Well we went in March 2014 and it was much too cold too swim, however this past March 2015, the weather was glorious and perfect for swimming, our visit in 2014 was on the 23rd of March, while this year it was the 15th to the 21st.

Keep in mind that Easter is early in 2016, so Spring Breaks will be starting in early March. Also, President's week is a VERY busy week here at Disney Feb. 13-21 will be SUPER busy (especially since Princess marathon weekend is the 18-21 also.) November is great if you go the week before Thanksgiving, or the first couple weeks of December are also nice. Weather is iffy all of those months, but the pools at Disney are kept heated.

I was wondering how the early Easter would affect the crowds! Have you every gone in April? Thinking maybe it might be good to go right after Easter, in early April, that way we would have a better chance of nice weather

Like others said, parks get significantly more crowded after Presidents Day, which is also the end of "value season", so room rates will go up too.

Average high end of February is low-mid 70s, but you could have some days in 80s and other days in 50s, how much swimming you do depends on the weather.

Supposedly the weeks before and after Easter are really bad as far as crowds are concerned. April will certainly be warmer. We were just there at the end of April. I was a little worried because the 3rd week in April is New England's school vacation week, but crowds were not too bad because Easter was a few weeks earlier. Weather was unusually hot while we were there, consistently upper 80s, which is warmer than normal low 80s.

easywdw.com is my favorite website to estimate future crowd levels.

I was wondering how the early Easter would affect the crowds! Have you every gone in April? Thinking maybe it might be good to go right after Easter, in early April, that way we would have a better chance of nice weather

The later you go after Easter the better. Most years the week before and the week after Easter is the 2 busiest of Spring Breaks. COllege breaks usually start earlier in March. I have lived down the street from Disney for 14 years, the weather in April is iffy. Usually it is warm in April (mid-high 80's), last year however it was freezing (low 60's) on Easter (late April) this year was lovely (mid 80's). My guess for 2016 would be that after April 10th it will start to be lower crowds.

Last year we went the last week of February (our first Feruary trip, we usually go in October). We loved it! The first few days it was warm enough to swim; in fact, we switched our plans around and went to Typhoon Lagoon!

Crowd levels were good; usually around a 4 (with one or two days a 5). Since it was the end of February, we missed the President's Day crowds.

One of the things we liked best about February was the lack of humidity. October can be very hot and humid, so it was nice to have 70s. We only had one day with only a few hours of rain (versus frequent rain in October).

I definitely recommend the last week of February!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter