Feb 5th - 12th 2012 Mexican Riviera on the Disney Wonder

DH and I are CA born (DH and raised). I started in NorCal, moved to SoCal, then Minnesota! Back to Bay Area as a HS Sr. We met at college (U Of the Pacific, Stockton, CA) But made the best move of our lives when we moved to Colorado almost 14 years ago! What a great place to raise kids! I'm not a big fan of the cold, but I love the snow.....I know go figure. But we have great seasons here. AND Colorado has more sunny days then anywhere in else in the US! It can be 70 one day and snowing and 20 the next. Love being close to the mountains!!

Question of the Day: Wednesday, January 25

What's special about area or culture ? This can be anything, whether you're from another country, or if there's something special about the place you grew up.

As for me, NoCal girl growing up, then every other city in the US (it seemed) until I met and married my DH, who is Spokane born, bread and half buried (meaning, he'll never leave) It's cold as hell up here, we REALLY appreciate our summers, my parents have a home 1 1/2 hours away in Northern Idaho, my sister lives here and all of my in-laws. We travel every February to get out of the cold and WE CAN'T WAIT TO GO!! :cool1:

Trivia:

Ok we are still working on the characters A-Z. Currently waiting for someone to step up with "M"s.

On top of that, I will add another easy one. Do I still have to say "No Google"?

So here is one for today: There are 12 main characters in "The Lion King"
How many can we name? (one at a time please)

As for me, NoCal girl growing up, then every other city in the US (it seemed) until I met and married my DH, who is Spokane born, bread and half buried (meaning, he'll never leave) It's cold as hell up here, we REALLY appreciate our summers, my parents have a home 1 1/2 hours away in Northern Idaho, my sister lives here and all of my in-laws. We travel every February to get out of the cold and WE CAN'T WAIT TO GO!! :cool1:

We were able to spend a week in Spokane a number of years back now, when DD21 was 14. She was there for US Soccer Region IV regionals. We stayed at a KOA, took the bike path along the river to her games every day....it was beautiful! :thumbsup2 And her college roommates hometown is Spokane!

Trivia:

Ok we are still working on the characters A-Z. Currently waiting for someone to step up with "M"s.

On top of that, I will add another easy one. Do I still have to say "No Google"?

Scar

Trivia:

Simba!

We were able to spend a week in Spokane a number of years back now, when DD21 was 14. She was there for US Soccer Region IV regionals. We stayed at a KOA, took the bike path along the river to her games every day....it was beautiful! :thumbsup2 And her college roommates hometown is Spokane!

Small world! Not only that, but I have a LONG history with UOP. We'll have LOTS to talk about!!;)

Trivia:

Mustafa

I DO!

tharg-1-50-trans.gif
tharg-1-50-trans.gif

DAYS!!!!! (starting the countdown a day early!)

And if the M s are underway, we gotta add
Mickey and Minnie!!!

Hello everyone,
Thought I'd jump on and introduce us. I'm sailing (Renee) with my husband Ian and daughter (3) Kaitlyn. This is our second Disney cruise so we are super excited. A couple of questions for anyone who might know...

1. What's the deal with upgrades? We have a 7A room for 3 right now. What do you pay for upgrades? Our last cruise was totally sold out so we couldn't even think about it.

2. I didn't realize they had changed the check-in and didn't do it until recently and got a port arrival time of 2:30. Our flight gets in at 10am so I'm hoping we will be there long before that. Do you think we will have to wait until 2:30 to get on board?

Thanks and see you all soon!

I DO!

tharg-1-50-trans.gif
tharg-1-50-trans.gif

DAYS!!!!! (starting the countdown a day early!)

And if the M s are underway, we gotta add
Mickey and Minnie!!!

I thought you said list character names? Mickey and Minnie are not characters, they are real. Please.

Trivia:

Timon

Trivia:

Pumba

Hello everyone,
Thought I'd jump on and introduce us. I'm sailing (Renee) with my husband Ian and daughter (3) Kaitlyn. This is our second Disney cruise so we are super excited. A couple of questions for anyone who might know...

1. What's the deal with upgrades? We have a 7A room for 3 right now. What do you pay for upgrades? Our last cruise was totally sold out so we couldn't even think about it.

2. I didn't realize they had changed the check-in and didn't do it until recently and got a port arrival time of 2:30. Our flight gets in at 10am so I'm hoping we will be there long before that. Do you think we will have to wait until 2:30 to get on board?

Thanks and see you all soon!

Welcome to the group!! l'm getting more excited every day!

I thought you said list character names? Mickey and Minnie are not characters, they are real. Please.

Ohhh Brian... I love you. I'm not in love, just so no one is weirded out...but that made me laugh. Our group is gonna have too much fun!!!!

I have alot of qotd to answer, doing it in the morning...

And nala for lion king.

I feel so clueless with this board. I can't figure out how to post answers to questions within one post. Oh well. I'm also answering really out of order, too. Anywhooo. QOTD: I love taking advantage of all the ship has to offer... activities, learning opportunities, shows, relaxing and of course music! I've cruised at different stages of my life and haven't cruised as a family since our kiddos were 4. So, this will be a little different than the last Disney cruise. We are so excited we can barely stand it. Getting FE gifts done. Waiting for our FE to arrive. Organizing clothes, costumes, etc., etc. Can't wait to get onboard, meet y'all and have a ton of fun!!!!

Down next to the Quote, the one next to it says "+, that is the one you want if you want to reply to multiple quotes. So you hit it, and it'll turn red, keep hitting all the posts you want to reply to then down at the bottom hit the quote or reply at the bottom AFTER all the posts. Down on the left side. :)

Question of the Day: Wednesday, January 25

What's special about area or culture ? This can be anything, whether you're from another country, or if there's something special about the place you grew up.

I was raised in Tillamook...home of the one and only Tillamook Cheese, aka best cheese on the planet, and if you care to differ, we probably shouldn't be friends. :) The town is very small and smells like cow manure all the time. They also make the BEST ice cream ever... I think it's only on the west coast, but if you ever get a chance to try Udderly Chocolate (previously known as Brown Cow) ice cream, you will fall in love.

You used Google didn't you? Fat cheater

Such hostility... This is to you family right?? :rotfl2:

I don't know that my Bride and I will meet up with this awesome party - considering it's our honeymoon, we just want to spend a romantic week together... but hey, if you see a tall guy and a shorter beautiful girl with brown curly hair and they look madly and love and like they're attached at the hips... that's most likely us! So say hi!:hug::love:

I might not be saying hi, I might be throwing up from how cute you two will be. :) JK...CONGRATS!!!! I still vote you say hi at the meet even just at the port, just so you have a few familiar faces. But we know you guys will not really be seeing the outside of the ship anyways... let's just be honest here. :thumbsup2

Question of the Day: Tuesday, January 24

How do you plan on spending your time on the ship? Do some of the veteran cruisers have advice for us newbies on things we may not think of doing?

We're planning on doing plenty of eating, pool time, open house at the kid's club, shows, the scavenger hunt, dolphin watching and character hunting :-)

It seems like most of you are pretty good researchers...So I'm not sure there is anything you don't know about already, that is super top secret. We like to make ice cream sandwiches by ordering cookies from room service and then going and getting soft serve and putting it in the middle, it's a delightful mess, but SOOOOO good!!!

I forgot to quote the other one to rms123... it looks like there are still some rooms available for Parties of 3, so you'll just ask when you get to the port, it's usually "around" 50% off the rack rate of the difference between what you paid for and what you want to get.
Same thing happened to me with check in, it seems as though they aren't enforcing the rule about check in times too strict on the west coast and the smaller ships. It's mostly for the Dream... I'm planning on showing up early! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter