• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Feb. 28, 2015 * DISNEY FANTASY * Eastern Caribbean

Our first 2 cruises were Dis only, no Facebook. I kinda liked that :goodvibes

But, saying that, this time I am using Facebook more.
The problem is I don't have time to check both.
And frankly the dis stinks when you're on your phone or iPad. For me anyway. The APP is always crashing and using the full version is not easy to read, especially on the phone.

As far as this thread dying, I have found the Summer is often a quiet time here and people are busy. The Facebook page isn't doing much either :) It'll pick up nearer Christmas. For me, I'll have more time once the kids are back in school.

I will endeavour to come to the Dis more often. This is the first morning I have had access to my laptop for a while :goodvibes

And here are the magnets Alice and I made this week. I apologize for not posting them here when I put them on Facebook.

That's another thing….when Facebook is another option, it's much easier to share there. I just remembered that I'll have to go to photo bucket now and upload my magents there before I can post here, so hold that thought…I'll be back soon :goodvibes

I look forward to more chatting here. :goodvibes
Magnets will appear shortly...

Here they are.
Just made them for our door but anyone can use them if they'd like :goodvibes You can download them from photo bucket I think, if you click on them.

Thanks fredgirls! :thumbsup2

pleasure :goodvibes

I'd be happy to help out with the disboard management. The thing is, in real life, i'm not very social or confident :goodvibes
I definielty am not the one you want to organize things :goodvibes
I will endeavour to keep my eye on things here Shari.

pleasure :goodvibes

I'd be happy to help out with the disboard management. The thing is, in real life, i'm not very social or confident :goodvibes
I definielty am not the one you want to organize things :goodvibes
I will endeavour to keep my eye on things here Shari.
Thanks! Actually, I am not very sociable either, but am OCD with organizing - lol.

One problem for me now is that although I have two other cruises coming up, I am now tentative on this one. I dropped my res for it due to a family situation. If the situation does not require me to be at home and IF an FLR or MTO rate is offered for this cruise last minute, then I'll still be on it. I will not know until past the PIF date, so had to cancel my res and take my chances. :worried:

Thanks! Actually, I am not very sociable either, but am OCD with organizing - lol.

One problem for me now is that although I have two other cruises coming up, I am now tentative on this one. I dropped my res for it due to a family situation. If the situation does not require me to be at home and IF an FLR or MTO rate is offered for this cruise last minute, then I'll still be on it. I will not know until past the PIF date, so had to cancel my res and take my chances. :worried:

I'm sorry about that. But family comes first. Many good thoughts coming your way for you and your family. :goodvibes

I would be happy to keep things ticking along here.

So…I was curious.
What do you do for pirate night?

Do you dress up?

Full costume? pirate:
T-shirts? :cool:
Just the bandana? :thumbsup2

Or do you and your family skip it altogether? :blush:

On previous cruises i've made our own t-shirts.
There's 12 of us travelling together this time and i'm not sure whether they'll all want to take part or not.

Anyone want to share their pirate night pics? :goodvibes

These are the ones I made last year.

And here's a couple of the ones from the cruise before.

We let our son go to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique the last time we cruised, and he LOVED it! It was a bit pricey ($100 +), but he had saved up his own money and wanted to do it, so we agreed. My husband and I wore bandanas and added a bit of face paint to help get into the spirit. We will definitely be participating again, but this time I may get costumes at Halloween and tuck them away for the trip.

We let our son go to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique the last time we cruised, and he LOVED it! It was a bit pricey ($100 +), but he had saved up his own money and wanted to do it, so we agreed. My husband and I wore bandanas and added a bit of face paint to help get into the spirit. We will definitely be participating again, but this time I may get costumes at Halloween and tuck them away for the trip.

I always think I'll take full costumes, but we really like to pack light and I can never bring myself to take the extra luggage! :goodvibes

Is anyone staying before or after for some park time? :tinker:

We really wanted to stay at the Contemporary again. We want to do one MK day and it's so convenient to walk.

But todays prices came out and it's nearly $500 for a room in the garden wing! When we were there in 2010 I think we paid about $300 a night, but we did have a deal.

So…we're quite keen on AoA.:artist: It looks fun! And something new for us.

Anyone stayed there before?

I'd love to hear peoples plans :goodvibes

The night before the cruise we're planning on a room near the port. No idea where yet though.

Very excited to be joining you all!
We are a big bunch.
4 adults and 4 kids.
we have 2 adjoining rooms 5050 and 5048 the ones with the oversized verandahs.
Me, my husband his parents and our 4 kiddos. the boys are ages 13, 12, 8, and the girl is almost 5 at cruise time.
The kids have never cruised before.
My husband and i did 1 cruise about 13 years ago (and well we cruised through hurricane michelle it was aweful i have never been so sick) im scared and excited.
My inlaws are seasoned cruisers with royal carribean i think theve been like 5 times.
This trip is a celebration for us as our son is a make a wish kid and he wanted to do a disney cruise and changed his mind and went to skywalker ranch in california instead. we said that we would do the disney cruise one day instead....well we are 3 years in remission and its time to celebrate!

I have a million questions as i basically feel like a first time cruiser as my last cruise i never left my room cause i was so sick :?
i did request to join the facebook group.

can someone explain fish extenders??? think my kids would totally be game for this!

Very excited to be joining you all!
We are a big bunch.
4 adults and 4 kids.
we have 2 adjoining rooms 5050 and 5048 the ones with the oversized verandahs.
Me, my husband his parents and our 4 kiddos. the boys are ages 13, 12, 8, and the girl is almost 5 at cruise time.
The kids have never cruised before.
My husband and i did 1 cruise about 13 years ago (and well we cruised through hurricane michelle it was aweful i have never been so sick) im scared and excited.
My inlaws are seasoned cruisers with royal carribean i think theve been like 5 times.
This trip is a celebration for us as our son is a make a wish kid and he wanted to do a disney cruise and changed his mind and went to skywalker ranch in california instead. we said that we would do the disney cruise one day instead....well we are 3 years in remission and its time to celebrate!

I have a million questions as i basically feel like a first time cruiser as my last cruise i never left my room cause i was so sick :?
i did request to join the facebook group.

can someone explain fish extenders??? think my kids would totally be game for this!

Hi There! :wave2:
Great to have you join us! :goodvibes

Wonderful news of your son's remission and what a great way to celebrate!

Here's a link I found very useful, and still refer to. It's an alphabetical list of all stuff Disney-Cruise. :)
There's a link there for info on the Fish Extenders.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068966

Don't worry about sickness. I know what you mean about being nervous about it though. I get sea sick but it's very mild on the cruise. Hopefully we'll have much smoother seas for you this time! :thumbsup2

You'll love those oversized verandahs! And to have adjoining rooms will be even better! They can open the dividers between your verandahs to make a huge deck!
We have an aft corner room on deck 8 with the big verandah and can't wait!

I've only been on 2 disney cruises but I'll answer anything I can :-) There's more experienced folk here that will chime in to. :goodvibes

Happy planning pirate:

Is anyone staying before or after for some park time? :tinker:

We really wanted to stay at the Contemporary again. We want to do one MK day and it's so convenient to walk.

But todays prices came out and it's nearly $500 for a room in the garden wing! When we were there in 2010 I think we paid about $300 a night, but we did have a deal.

So…we're quite keen on AoA.:artist: It looks fun! And something new for us.

Anyone stayed there before?

I'd love to hear peoples plans :goodvibes

The night before the cruise we're planning on a room near the port. No idea where yet though.

Currently we have Thursday and Friday booked at AoA. We are waiting on a few things, we may do the whole week prior off site or the week after off site.

Currently we have Thursday and Friday booked at AoA. We are waiting on a few things, we may do the whole week prior off site or the week after off site.

I think if we want to book AoA we'd better do it soon! :goodvibes

We've done time before and after the cruise and we found it more relaxing to do the parks before.
It was also a massive shock to get off the cruise and then have to pay for everything! :) I remember one morning at POFQ we had the breakfast and our youngest said 'can I go and get some more bacon'? And she was dismayed when we said she couldn't! :rotfl:

We want to participate at the FE!!!
Cool!!!

Hi Pomelo! :wave2: I like it here…there's lots more emojis to use :rotfl:

:welcome:

We're from NB too! :yay: I think there's quite a few maritimers on this cruise!

If you have any questions ask away. We've only done 2 disney cruises, but if I can't answer something I can usually navigate the Disboards to find the answer :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter