• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Feb. 28, 2015 * DISNEY FANTASY * Eastern Caribbean

There is really no way to predict at this time. It's too far ahead and depends on the entertainment cast aboard during our cruise, among other things. I would think perhaps one of them, but probably not both. Again, too soon to know. ;)

Hi, we just changed our cruise and we are now sailing on this one. Cant wait. Hope we do the fish extender, we love it....anyone else have teens going on the trip?

Hi, we just changed our cruise and we are now sailing on this one. Cant wait. Hope we do the fish extender, we love it....anyone else have teens going on the trip?

Hi! :wave2:
Our eldest will turn 15 on the cruise. She's not been to the Vibe before so is excited about that, if a little intimidated :blush: If there are teens here I know she'd like to face-gram-insta-chat beforehand :goodvibes

Hi all we are booked for this cruise as we'll. looks like we have neighbors going. We are from Sanford, Fl

Hi from Quispamsis, NB Canada,

In March 2014 this year, we were first time Disney cruisers with near back to back sailings on a 3 night Disney Dream & 4 night Disney Magic Cruise. As seemingly a recurring theme with Disney, our family loved the cruising atmosphere so much that we booked again for the Disney Fantasy voyage in 28 Feb-07 Mar 2015. We are kind of newbies to the DIS boards, but since reviewing your thread, we have noticed others from NB Canada have already booked this same cruise. Thanks to the thread organizer as we plan to follow and post throughout the year ... not sure about the Fish Extender thing, but love reading the comments leading up to our adventures. Our 2 daughters will be 8 (turning 9 with Birthday on the cruise) and 14 (almost 15). We hope to meet others with children around the same age as this is what makes the cruise for our kids ... with the friendships and bonds that are made. Chow for now :cool1:

In March 2014 this year, we were first time Disney cruisers with near back to back sailings on a 3 night Disney Dream & 4 night Disney Magic Cruise. As seemingly a recurring theme with Disney, our family loved the cruising atmosphere so much that we booked again for the Disney Fantasy voyage in 28 Feb-07 Mar 2015. We are kind of newbies to the DIS boards, but since reviewing your thread, we have noticed others from NB Canada have already booked this same cruise. Thanks to the thread organizer as we plan to follow and post throughout the year ... not sure about the Fish Extender thing, but love reading the comments leading up to our adventures. Our 2 daughters will be 8 (turning 9 with Birthday on the cruise) and 14 (almost 15). We hope to meet others with children around the same age as this is what makes the cruise for our kids ... with the friendships and bonds that are made. Chow for now :cool1:

We went went on the Freedom of the Seas this March break. It was 80 degrees floating into Jamaica at 6:30 am. When we got back to Rothesay and got kicked with more snow and ice we booked this cruise.

Hello! :wave:

I'm starting to think we should have a NB meet-up before we go! :goodvibes

Our eldest will turn 15 on the cruise and would welcome getting in touch with others before we leave. :goodvibes With the move to the teens club she's a little intimidated! :blush: If your daughter is connected digitally they could 'friend' each other nearer the time if they'd like. :goodvibes
And that goes for anyone else who's going to have teens…

Hi everyone! My family just booked this week. This will be my 3rd disney cruise but I'm new to the whole FE thing (any tips?). We are traveling for my 18th birthday and I'm excited to be allowed into the adult restaurants, but I'm not sure what days to book them for. Super excited to cruise with you all!

:welcome: Rel27! I can't give you FE tips, as I don't participate in that, but as for the adult restaurants . . .

I prefer to be in an adult restaurant on pirate night because I don't care for the MDR menu that night and no longer dress for the pirate theme, but that's just my personal preference. Some like doing Palo or Remy on formal or semi-formal evening, since those are the dressiest nights anyway. You said it's your 3rd DCL cruise. If you have not yet sailed on the Fantasy, you may want to stick to the MDR the first 3 nights in order to experience each dining room before dining at Palo or Remy (except for possibly doing brunch). :)

Hi all! I'm Lara. we just booked on this cruise (changed our dummy date we booked on our alaskan cruise last june). there will be 5 cabins sailing together. 3 from CA, 1 from UT and 1 from TN. pretty sure all will be doing the FE.

for my family (TN) this will be our 4th dcl cruise. We started with a Mexican cruise (wonder) in 2011, then did a caribbean (fantasy) cruise in 2012 (we were on the 5th sailing of the Fantasy!), last year we did an alaskan cruise on the wonder with this same group of people (plus my grandparents and my brother's family) feels weird to not be going on a trip with dcl this year! glad to be planning one at least!!

I will say our last (3rd) cruise was the first time our dis group branched off the dis boards, and i found it hard to not miss info. i'm a little worried that having a fb page AND a website is really going to spread out the info. it just seemed like people found it to be too much work to post things on the dis as well as the other place(s) so things didn't get posted here (dis) as much. i am a person who claims to suffer from "Fear Of Missing Out" (FOMO) lol, so that's why i am sharing this. hopefully everyone still posts here so we can all stay in the loop.

Already feeling behind since we ONLY have 264 days til we depart!! I've participated in the FE each time we've sailed so let me know if you want me to put together a spreadsheet for that, i'd be happy to.

oh and our family used to live in Sint Maarten, and have been back a few times, so if you have any questions, i'd be happy to try and answer them. we are super excited to go back, haven't been there since the last fantasy visit!

oh! we are DW (38) DH (40) DS (12) and DD (11) some of our other cabins will be joining in here soon, i'm sure.

"Spreading out the info" covers all the bases. However, the FB page is not much more active than this thread really. I don't like using FB pages for cruises, but that is the trend and it seems for every cruise a certain number of people always insist on it and refuse to "keep it going" on the Dis meet thread. Someone always starts one. BUT there will also always be a few who don't use FB at all. So . . .

The website itself is a place to organize the info, particularly where those who are not on FB can find it.

JPressman volunteered and is organizing the FE. She is in the FB group and not active (only 1 post) here on the Dis, but I believe you can email her from the contact area of her Dis profile. The only real advantage I see to the FB group is that communications and lists are not public, as that is a concern of many.

thanks for the quick reply taswira!!

i do like organization the website gives, not having to scroll thru posts to find things, tho in my experience, the person who starts the dis thread usually added a lot in the first post. it's things like those who ONLY post on fb that makes it hard to not make it feel divided between those on fb or not active there and those not. hopefully that doesn't happen much with this group. i'd really like to only have one place to regularly check (tho again, the website is a great reference) this is a DISBOARDS group, i don't understand how someone could/would refuse to use the DISBOARD lol! :scared:

*fingers crossed* the FE organizer will check here and post a link to the spreadsheet s/he is putting together so we can see it (i did a google doc last time and posted the link, only allowing views not changes) and start making preparations. :yay:

bookite - I agree! It's unfortunate that the majority seem to prefer FB, but that's how it is and of course they have that right. But I DO agree with you completely regarding the Dis. To me, it is wrong for people to join the Dis only to try to lure everyone away to FB. I know that Cruise Critic prohibits that, but the Dis does not. As long as it is allowed, it will continue. :sad1:

I try to keep up with all locations. After you posted your info for the FE, I went on the FB group and made a post to ask Jaime (JPressman) if she is staying on top of the Dis thread posts for FE info. She said she has not looked at it and asked me to send her the link - lol. I shall do so! ;)

I am organizing the FE for the cruise. I am on the facebook page and would prefer receiving message on FB as I check that regularly. If you are not on FB, then you can post your information here also. I have started a google spreadsheet that I will post the link to as well. You will be able to see the sheet but not edit it.

Here is the info I am collecting:

Stateroom number
Last name
First name, gender, and ages of all people in your cabin
Disboards name
Where you are from
Favorite Characters
Wine/Alcohol preferences
Allergies
Misc info you want included

Thanks. Jaime

Jaime - Not everyone is on FB, and they can not message you there if they are not. If people here choose not to use FB, does that mean they can not participate in the FE?????:confused3

The FB group is supposed to be a Dis meet group. It is meant to SUPPLEMENT the Dis thread, NOT replace it.

Are you interested in participating in the Fish Extender Group?
Not sure what a Fish Extender group is-Google it, search facebook, look on pinterest. There are tons of great sites with helpful information.

We have 5 families so far. If you are interested in joining us, please post your information below or message me on facebook.

Here is the info I am collecting:

Stateroom number
Last name
First name, gender, and ages of all people in your cabin
Disboards name
Where you are from
Favorite Characters
Wine/Alcohol preferences
Allergies
Misc info you want included

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter