• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Feb. 28, 2015 * DISNEY FANTASY * Eastern Caribbean

taswira

"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!
2/28/2015 Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean itinerary including St. Maarten, San Juan and Castaway Cay of course! Who all will be immersing themselves in the magic of the Fantasy that week, February 28-March 7, 2015? pixiedust:

• Remember to subscribe to this Dis meet thread. :goodvibes
  • FB link removed as requested as per new Disboards policy HERE.
    (Sorry folks, but I follow the rules!)
PLEASE NOTE: popisme is now the FE organizer.

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :beach:
Have a great cruise!

Just got off the Fantasy this morning and booked this cruise before we left!! We will be gold this time :) can't wait to get planning! I already miss the ship!!

:welcome: Lake_Mary! Let's get this party started! party:

I miss the ship as well, even though it's only been 4 weeks since I stepped off the Fantasy.

Just got off the Fantasy today with our second cruise booked for February 28th!!! So much time to plan....already looking for FE ideas :*)

Good idea, Anita! The thread and group are just beginning to get members now. Hopefully both will be active, as not everyone uses Facebook.

Just got home yesterday from WDW after our wonderful 7 day Western Carribean on the Fantasy. Booked this cruise while on board along with an Alaskan cruise in September. Excited for both!

Just got home yesterday from WDW after our wonderful 7 day Western Carribean on the Fantasy. Booked this cruise while on board along with an Alaskan cruise in September. Excited for both!

Hi there :wave:
Lots of people going again! That has to be a good sign! Feeling better all the time!:thumbsup2

Glad to hear you had a wonderful trip. Very jealous about Alaska! :goodvibes

:welcome: We're glad you could join us! I am SO jealous of you cruising Alaska though. :boat:

Hi everyone,
Would love to join the FB group for the cruise. I have already begun planning my FE gifts...lol

Hi everyone,
Would love to join the FE group for the cruise. I have already begun planning my FE gifts...lol

HI :wave2:

We wonèt be doing FE this time but itès fun to do! Happy planning!

p.s. - Sorry - daughter set to keyboard to french for her work and not sure now to change! :-)

fredgirls - I have never done the FE because I like to travel light, both coming and going. So my necessities (including formal and semi-formal dresses and dressing for dinner) consume my luggage space.

But I know the FE can be lots of fun for participants, especially those with children. As the group grows, hopefully someone experienced and willing to organize our cruise's FE will volunteer. ;)

fredgirls - I have never done the FE because I like to travel light, both coming and going. So my necessities (including formal and semi-formal dresses and dressing for dinner) consume my luggage space.

But I know the FE can be lots of fun for participants, especially those with children. As the group grows, hopefully someone experienced and willing to organize our cruise's FE will volunteer. ;)

Yes, the kids had lots of fun doing it! But we too are light packers! I also handmade items last time and it was a lot of work! The group was really big! If I can find something small and local that I can bring I may join. Who knows :goodvibes I spent a lot of time making the FE pockets too so it would be less work this time!

My family and I are officially booked on this trip!!!! It's me (31), DH (32), DD (10), and DS (5)! We just sailed on the Dream earlier this month and it was so magical, 4 nights just weren't enough. I'm so glad to see so many people on here already, it seemed like there weren't too many commenters on the threads from our last cruise. Here's my question, we booked category 5A to save a couple hundred but the room they assigned us is completely rear aft (9674). Will the engine be too loud? We wanted aft but also to have our verandah facing a side. Should I ask to switch rooms/categories?

My family and I are officially booked on this trip!!!! It's me (31), DH (32), DD (10), and DS (5)! We just sailed on the Dream earlier this month and it was so magical, 4 nights just weren't enough. I'm so glad to see so many people on here already, it seemed like there weren't too many commenters on the threads from our last cruise. Here's my question, we booked category 5A to save a couple hundred but the room they assigned us is completely rear aft (9674). Will the engine be too loud? We wanted aft but also to have our verandah facing a side. Should I ask to switch rooms/categories?

hello! :wave2:

There are SO many conflicting reports of vibrations in the aft rooms that we decided we'd just try it for ourselves! :) We are one deck below you, in a corner aft room (8682). The 5E prices saved us a few hundred dollars too!

There will be engine noise when docking, but that is to be expected. It seems from reading many reports that the other vibration and noise issues effect some and not others. For us it's worth it for those amazing balconies! We have also stayed aft before (just not this aft!) and the vibrations did not bother us.

As a note, some reports have said the vibrations were worse on the first night but either they got used to them or they settled down by night 2, maybe when the ship reduced knots.

Of course, this is only from what I have read. I have no firsthand experience to share i'm afraid :goodvibes

Have you seen pictures of this room? I only have the link because we had this room before our TA got us the corner one :goodvibes
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...stateroom-with-huge-aft-verandah-9674-review/
Looks Great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter