Feb 28, 2013 Dream...Anybody Else Going?

I'll be on this cruise with my two daughters (5 and 3) and mother. Looking forward to it and a little nervous to be in charge of this group! We're planning to stay on the boat when it arrives into Nassau but we will see if we change our minds.

I'll be on this cruise with my two daughters (5 and 3) and mother. Looking forward to it and a little nervous to be in charge of this group! We're planning to stay on the boat when it arrives into Nassau but we will see if we change our minds.

WELCOME!!!
Nice to have all of you along.
May i ask your name?

I am Kathy and will be cruising with my adult son, Peter this time.

Are you interested in doing the FE? If your not sure what that is, just ask and we will explain. The cut off date is 2/1/13 so you must decide by then if you want to join in.:thumbsup2

Plus for those who remember, we are having a meet the first day at 3:00 p.m. in the Vista Cafe, deck 4 midship.
Hope to see you there. Its a great way for the kids to meet others their age too.
Kathy

Good morning fellow cruisers,

hope everyone is having a Magical day today!!

I have made a final decision for my FE gifts:thumbsup2

Usually I dont decide until the last few days then scramble like crazy to get it all done, but I always seem to make it.:rotfl2:

Back later,

Kathy

Hello there! This will be our first Disney Cruise but have sailed once before in Alaska on NCL. We are so looking forward to this Disney cruise with our 2-1/2 year old daughter! We booked a balcony room through the FLR deal. I have a couple of questions:

On the FE (and I guess I can post this question in that thread too) do you end up exchanging with all cabins or just one? Trying to wrap my head around the volume of goodies to get before committing.

Regarding CC; are there beach toys or should we bring our own? If the water's cold, my little dumpling will need some toys to play with ;)

Thanks in advance! Also, thanks to everyone on all the tips already posted!

-Tania

WELCOME !!!!
Tania and family:)

You only give to cabins of those who sign up for the FE. I havn't gone and tried to count how many signed up so far. But we must be about 15?
Please decide before Feb 1st because that is the cut off date where nobody can sign up after that so people can have time to prepare for it.

The store on CC does have some sand buckets and shovels for sale. They are spendy though. If you have room i would bring your own.

We are also having a meet the first day to meet up.
Its at the Vista Cafe, deck 4 midship. 3 P.M.
Thats right above the atrium where you get on the ship.

Hope to see you there!!

Kathy

Howdy everyone,

Just over a month and we will be cruising to the Bahamas.:cool1:

Just got home from Animal Kingdom. Great day to visit the parks.

Now I am relaxing and thinking about making some FE gifts for this cruise.
I know what I want to make. I am making the same thing for my cruise in 5
days. If it comes out good I will do it for this cruise too. So far its going great!!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Kathy

Wanted to remind everyone that there are SIX days left to sign up for the FE. :) You will need to go to this link for all the information:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3044483

To be fair to everyone participating, we cannot make exceptions...once the deadline comes, it is here and then gone. Must be signed up by Feb. 1st.

KING FAMILY -- Where are you??? You said you wanted to participate but I have gotten no information. Left you a message on the FE thread too. Must have this by 2/1/13! Thanks!!!!!

Happy sunday everyone,
Just got home from a day at Epcot. It wasnt very crowded and made for a nice walk.

Now to relax and put my feet up for a bit.

I hope everyone else had a geat weekend too.;)

Kathy

This is our first Disney Cruise! We are so excited! :) Any tips?

Heres a few tips.

First lay out all your clothes you plan to take on your bed. Then put half of them back because you will never use them. Everyone over packs their first cruise.
Arrive at character meets at least 10 minutes early.
There are characters along the way to the beach on CC, it's OK to ride the tram for this, you wont miss them. The lines are short and move quickly so it is a great opportunity to see characters without lines. Check the Navigator for times and places.

Characters also appear at the gazebo near Cookies BBQ on the island during the day.

The adult only beach has it's own area for lunch they often have steaks or lobster there as a special treat for the grown ups. But Cookies BBQ by family beach has more variety of other foods.

Dont miss the good-bye late the last night in the atrium. ALL of the characters will line up on the stairs and will pose for photos for you. This farwell party is really nice and fun. Even adults need aphoto with characters!!
They photograpers helpers will take your photo with your camera if you ask.

Check for photos every day at shutters. Buy a package deal and save $$ if you don't buy enough photos for the package deal they will refund you the difference at the end of your cruise. If you buy a photo and then decide the next day you see one you want more, just bring back the one you bought and the receipt and tell them you want to exchange it and they will be happy to do this for you.

You can order warm chocolate chip cookies or Mickey ice cream bars from room service even though it is not on the menu. The warm cookies are available in the evenings only.

. Bring 2 white pillowcases or a matte style picture frame in a zip lock baggie with water proof markers and leave at guest services desk and ask for it to be autographed and it will be returned to you the last night all signed by the characters. I also add a card with my name and room number on it just in case their card gets lost. I like to use dark colored markers, the light colors don't show up as well. You must leave this the first day for them to have time to get it signed. Sometimes I put a couple treats in the baggie as a Thank you ot the characters signing it. Even Mickey likes goodies!!

Pop is free in all restaurants and at the drink station on deck 9. But if you order it from waiter or buy it at a lounge or bar you will be charged for it plus a gratuity.

Stop by the drink station and grab a drink to take with you to the shows or movies instead of buying a can of pop there. If you want a snack, stop and grab pizza or hot dogs or fruit or cookies on deck 11 to take it with you. Again save money over buying a bunch of snacks for the kids or adults.

At dinner kids can order from both the kid's or adult menus.

No need to book floats and bikes ahead of time for Castaway Cay. They have tons of them. Wait until you get there to make sure you're really going to need the floats or have time to ride the bikes before renting them. We always just walk up and do it at the beach.

If you want to do the banana boat ride or the ski-doo (eco tour) I would book them ahead of time. They do often have last minute openings so dont be afraid to ask when you arrive if you didn't book it and decided you'd like to do it.

If you rent bikes there are 2 nice trails just off the runway. The first one will have an observation tower. It has a great view of the island and ship. Bring your camera for this!! While up in the tower be sure and look around the base area of the tower. There are some whimsical things to see there too.

All the trails have ice cold water in big yellow barrels in wooden framed stands, so there's no need to carry your own unless you want to.

An over the door shoe holder on the bathroom door is awesome for putitng items like toothpaste, hair brushed, deodorant cans etc.. Save them from falling off shelves. Plus there isnt alot of storage in the bathroom areas if you have 4 people in there.
If you buy the shoe holder at the dollar then you can just throw it away at the end of the cruise. saves room in the suticase.

Inside rooms are very dark at night, all rooms are pretty dark so if you have young kids or are the type of person who has to get up during the night you might want a night light to plug in.

They provide hairdryers in the desk drawer but many dont like them because they dont get very hot so if you have long hair that takes along time to dry you might want to bring your own blow dryer.

I'm sure others will add more tips to this.

Kathy

My son wants to know if there is hot chocolate at the drink stations on this ship?....lol

You bet there is!!
Its actually a package you put in a cup and add the hot water to it. They also have creamer there if he likes it a bit creamier.

I like to add a bit of creamer to make it richer and it cools it off a bit.

It's on the side that coffee and tea is on. Lids are available so no spilling and getting burned. I cant remember what brand it was, but it is good.
Its available 24/7.

Kathy

You bet there is!!
Its actually a package you put in a cup and add the hot water to it. They also have creamer there if he likes it a bit creamier.

I like to add a bit of creamer to make it richer and it cools it off a bit.

It's on the side that coffee and tea is on. Lids are available so no spilling and getting burned. I cant remember what brand it was, but it is good.
Its available 24/7.

Kathy

That reminds me of another tip - we bring travel cups (usually the ones from the Disney resorts) so we can get a bigger drink.

Good morning everyone,

Time is flying by so fast now!!!

Can't wait!!

Anybody doing any excursions?

We may walk to the Pirate museum because Peter hasnt seen it. I have been 3 times.

I always rent bikes at CC and ride the 2 trails. I like looking over the island from the Observation tower. Plus the Grouper game room is fun too.:goodvibes

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter