Feb. 2021 Cancellations

Lawdawg

Mouseketeer
I know it has been speculated but nothing official released about cancelling February cruises. However, has anyone else gone onto their cruise account and see that the February cruise they had booked is no longer listed? I went in this morning because today was opening day to book excursions for our April cruise, and my Feb. has disappeared. I am assuming that can only mean that an announcement is forthcoming. I wonder if Disney will start to give status for cancelled cruises? I'm platinum for cruises sailed, and one more cancellation, and I'll be gold for cancelled cruises!

Yeah my cruise is gone as well. We were supposed to sail 02/19/21, it was there yesterday and gone today. This was a rebook from Sept 2019 and supposed to be our first cruise ever. I give up, were not going to rebook.
ETA: Spelling error

Last edited:
Same here... on standby for official word of a cancellation. Already reached out to my TA on next steps

Kinda inevitable really. None of the ships have cleared quarantine yet, or done test sailings.

Kinda inevitable really. None of the ships have cleared quarantine yet, or done test sailings.
Arranging all the onboard and shore facilities needed for quarantine and treatment is going to take quite a while before they can even consider conducting the test cruises. At least 2 or 3 months. So that would come in around March 2021, maybe. Vaccines will start be coming available around then so the cruise lines might even wait longer to let the vaccines roll out globally to reduce the risk of infection spread before they resume operations.

Arranging all the onboard and shore facilities needed for quarantine and treatment is going to take quite a while before they can even consider conducting the test cruises. At least 2 or 3 months. So that would come in around March 2021, maybe. Vaccines will start be coming available around then so the cruise lines might even wait longer to let the vaccines roll out globally to reduce the risk of infection spread before they resume operations.
Yep. And beyond that, I don't know that they want spring break cruises to be their testbeds for return to cruising.

I believe after the test cruises, the CDC still has 60 days to approve the plans before cruising can resume.

I don't know about you, but if I had to guess at this point, I think we're looking at May for the first scheduled cruises.

We have a cruise booked for the end of March 2021. We won't be going on it, so now waiting for it to be cancelled so I can book a March 2022 cruise.

I want them to hurry up and cancel our April cruise, so we can decide to get credit or refund and move on

We cancelled our March 2021 cruise at the beginning of the week. I don't see cruises starting up until at least May at the earliest. We took the refund vs pushing the $ out (we were not quite PIF anyway) because we've got enough $$ tied up in future DCL cruises at the moment. Even if it's cancelled by DCL and we had PIF we would not qualify for the 125% as we already took that when our October cruise was cancelled.

We cancelled our March 2021 cruise at the beginning of the week. I don't see cruises starting up until at least May at the earliest. We took the refund vs pushing the $ out (we were not quite PIF anyway) because we've got enough $$ tied up in future DCL cruises at the moment. Even if it's cancelled by DCL and we had PIF we would not qualify for the 125% as we already took that when our October cruise was cancelled.
So even if you have more than 1 cruise cancelled by DCL, you can only get the 125% once? I'm debating whether to take a refund or apply the 125% to a cruise in July that we need to pay off by April. If the July cruise is cancelled, we wouldn't have the option to take the 125% at that time if I took it for the Feb cruise?

So even if you have more than 1 cruise cancelled by DCL, you can only get the 125% once? I'm debating whether to take a refund or apply the 125% to a cruise in July that we need to pay off by April. If the July cruise is cancelled, we wouldn't have the option to take the 125% at that time if I took it for the Feb cruise?
Correct. You can only get the 125% once. So if DCL cancels on you more than once, the second and subsequent cancellations would result in a 100% refund.

We got the email today, our Feb 27, 2021 Fantasy SWDAS was cancelled and the FCC is a payment option
if you do a dummy cruise and go to payment options. We are not ready to book yet.

Yeah... We got the email about the extension for PIF to 60 days before for our Italy/Greece sailing in June. I can't imagine we would be going. It would really take a miracle and everything to fall in place and bans and quarantines to be lifted. I just don't see it. My plan is still to cancel and pray that 2022 is the year we finally get to take this trip. If you told me last year at this time, my 2020 trip would be cancelled due to a pandemic, I would have thought it was nuts. Now here we are, another year and next year (2021) is already a "wash". At this point I just can't even have hope for 2022, it's just like "we shall see". Makes me just sad, sad, sad...

Yeah... We got the email about the extension for PIF to 60 days before for our Italy/Greece sailing in June. I can't imagine we would be going. It would really take a miracle and everything to fall in place and bans and quarantines to be lifted. I just don't see it. My plan is still to cancel and pray that 2022 is the year we finally get to take this trip. If you told me last year at this time, my 2020 trip would be cancelled due to a pandemic, I would have thought it was nuts. Now here we are, another year and next year (2021) is already a "wash". At this point I just can't even have hope for 2022, it's just like "we shall see". Makes me just sad, sad, sad...
I feel you when it comes to 2022. It's as if the more time that goes on the more hope I lose, which makes me sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter