Feb 2009 code watch

We will have the kiddos with us. They are well behaved, but something with a little Disney magic send off would be cool.
Is the California Grill 180 day ADR? Can you reserve a window seat, or see the fireworks from almost anywhere in the restaurant?
When you go to the Contemporary for meals, is there an issue with driving onto the property and parking? Do you have to show them some kind of confirmation?
Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for the help!;)

When should be go this year??? I thought I had it all figured out for the last week of Feb but that seems to be Mardi Gras:scared1: and I hear it will be a lot busier, then just before that is Presidents weekend,:scared1: then right before that is Super bowl,:scared1: lol. I cant seem to find 8 days that doesnt cover any of these events! I am sooo confused! LOL:confused3

I love Feb and really want to go then!:lovestruc

Any ideas???

Dana:banana:

We are going from the 7-15. I am pretty sure the Superbowl will be over by then. Should be a good week??

I think California Grill would be a great choice! We have never eaten there before. Is it currently one of the table service restaurants that only requires one TS credit on the dining plan, or is it considered a signature dining experience?

I don't know if Calif Grill is 1 or 2 credits on the dining plan. I would consider it signature dining, but don't know if it actually is.
You can make ADRs for Calif Grill just like any other restaurant. I think it would be harder to get one close to the date. You can't request a window table ahead of time, but when you check in, tell them you would love a window table. The whole wall is windows, so if you're a little bit back, I think you could still see the fireworks. Plus, I believe they have an area outside that you can go watch them that's only for Calif Grill diners.
Contemporary security will give you a 3 hr pass for parking if you have an ADR. Make sure you have your confirmation # w/you.

That's interesting part of booking in Feb is trying to book around Superbowl, Pres week, & Mardi Gras!

Thank you very much!;)
I think I will try to get an ADR for Valentines night. Is it kid friendly? A well behaved 9 and 11 year old be all set?

The week of the 7-15 should be okay shouldnt it? Anything that week I dont know about that someone does?

I think at your kids' ages, they will think it's cool to be at the top of the resort & overlooking the lagoon & MK. I love the view of the castle. I would feel comfortable taking my 3 yr old DS there. There are definitely families dining there.

We are cruising on the Magic February 7, 2009 and we're tossing around the idea of staying a night at WDW once we return from the Carribean on February 14. What are the chances of getting a room for around $75 on the night of Valentine's Day?

Subbing to follow the code watch! :)

We are waiting too, but SW doesn't come out with airfare for that time until August either, so hopefully we can book it all next month!

We are planning to go during President's week, but not arriving at DW until Monday night or Tuesday. We have done this the past few years and have not had any problem with crowds, although I highly recommend using TGM or one of the other crowd level indicators, they have been right on for us.

Feb 3-10th!! Can't wait to book and a code would be even better.
I'm hoping there will be some sort of parade with the superbowl winners that week.:thumbsup2

We always go in Jan/Feb and i can't wait until 2009!!!!! Please keep me posted for the codes too.

Feb 3-10th!! Can't wait to book and a code would be even better.
I'm hoping there will be some sort of parade with the superbowl winners that week.:thumbsup2

Oooooo!!!!! I never thought about the possibility of a parade after the Superbowl. We will be down there Feb. 7-13th. Probably too late for that, but you never know. DH would be thrilled to see that I'm sure! He's not looking forward to this trip (will be our first), but that would be a definate highlight.

Count me in! DH :lovestruc finally agred last night we can bring Makayla in Feb.:cheer2:

I have planned feb 1st to the 7th...Got a FANTASTIC deal on plane tickets! Cannot wait for the code to come out!

Twelve of us are coming February 19th through February 25th. I really doubt if there will be any special or code for us during that time...But, I'd certainly be pleasantly surprised if there were!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter