Feb 16 2014 Western Caribbean on the Wonder

officially paid and checked in online :thumbsup2

picked a 11:00 boarding time, booked Palo for brunch, spa treatment, para-sailing, and temporary the Passion Island by Twister. :cutie:

My son doesn't know we are going he thinks we are heading to Miami for a soccer tournament for his sister. :rotfl: He will absolutely flip when we get there and he finds out we are going on a Disney Cruise instead ~ out of everyone he LOVES :lovestruc cruising the best!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

DW checked us in last night also. All set for scuba and golf in Cozumel. Also got palo brunch and dinner. No cabanas on CC family beach but one is left at serenity bay

Only if you are gold or platinum...those of us lowly Silvers have to wait a couple more weeks ;) Doesn't seem like there has been much additional interest in the FE exchange; wondering if we should consider having a minimum number by a certain date or planning to cancel it? Anyone else have thoughts about how to handle it?
I would still like to do it ;) 6 more days to book!

officially paid and checked in online :thumbsup2 picked a 11:00 boarding time, booked Palo for brunch, spa treatment, para-sailing, and temporary the Passion Island by Twister. :cutie: My son doesn't know we are going he thinks we are heading to Miami for a soccer tournament for his sister. :rotfl: He will absolutely flip when we get there and he finds out we are going on a Disney Cruise instead ~ out of everyone he LOVES :lovestruc cruising the best!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Ha ha. How exciting!!

Feeling bummed about the announcement today that there will now be an 'expiration date' on the perks afforded to those who book a future cruise while on-board :( . I get that DCL is a company, looking to turn a profit, but...I really liked holding a dummy date until I had a cruise in mind. I have 1 additional reservation that I am unlikely to use by the grandfathered date of 11/2015, so I may just go ahead and cancel it. While I realize that the reservation itself won't expire, the discounted deposit and OBB credit will disappear, and really not much point in keeping the placeholder reservation at that point.

any one else have reactions to this news?

Feeling bummed about the announcement today that there will now be an 'expiration date' on the perks afforded to those who book a future cruise while on-board :( . I get that DCL is a company, looking to turn a profit, but...I really liked holding a dummy date until I had a cruise in mind. I have 1 additional reservation that I am unlikely to use by the grandfathered date of 11/2015, so I may just go ahead and cancel it. While I realize that the reservation itself won't expire, the discounted deposit and OBB credit will disappear, and really not much point in keeping the placeholder reservation at that point. any one else have reactions to this news?

I have not heard this. Argh. I never know my hubby's vacation until no for the following year!

Feeling bummed about the announcement today that there will now be an 'expiration date' on the perks afforded to those who book a future cruise while on-board :( . I get that DCL is a company, looking to turn a profit, but...I really liked holding a dummy date until I had a cruise in mind. I have 1 additional reservation that I am unlikely to use by the grandfathered date of 11/2015, so I may just go ahead and cancel it. While I realize that the reservation itself won't expire, the discounted deposit and OBB credit will disappear, and really not much point in keeping the placeholder reservation at that point.

any one else have reactions to this news?

Here is the letter:

Dear ........,

Thank you for booking your next Disney Cruise Line vacation utilizing the onboard booking offer.

As a Guest with an existing future cruise booking that was made onboard, we wanted to let you know about an important change in our Onboard Sales Program. Beginning November 12, 2013, all new onboard bookings must complete travel within 18 months from the date booked in order to maintain the onboard booking benefits.

We truly value your commitment to sail with us again and realize that you may have booked your future cruise reservation awaiting school schedules or our 2015 summer itineraries. In recognition of these factors, we are providing Guests who currently have an existing onboard booking an additional 6 months to travel.

This means that you must sail on your existing cruise reservation with the onboard booking benefits prior to November 30, 2015. Guests who are unable to sail within 24 months will have any current onboard booking benefits removed from their reservation. You may still modify your sail dates within the 24 month timeframe as long as these modifications are done outside of any applicable cancellation period.

Thank you again for booking your next cruise with us while onboard. We look forward to having you sail with us soon.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line

All checked in, port arrival time set (11AM), and Palo brunch booked. Now to just wait the 89 days until we fly into Miami! :cool1:

For those wondering, there appear to still be a fair number of times available at Palo for brunch and dinner; there is 1 cabana left on the adult beach, all the others are sold out already (at least as of now).

Good luck to all those still waiting to check-in!

Back from WDW - now time to start thinking about this next trip. Since we are first time cruisers we can't book anything until December 1st, but starting to think about what that might be. If I end up with questions, I may post them here.

Hello ,
We are excited , this will be our daughter Brooke first cruise. How is everyone picking their boarding time ? On our int. it is showing we can not pick till dec. 3rd.

Thanks,
Jason & Brittany

Hello ,
We are excited , this will be our daughter Brooke first cruise. How is everyone picking their boarding time ? On our int. it is showing we can not pick till dec. 3rd.

Thanks,
Jason & Brittany

:welcome: to Disney Cruising

When you sail with Disney you become a Castaway Member. The more cruise you take the more benefits you get.

One is when you can register on line

Silver (after 1 cruise) you can book on line activities 90 days out
gold (after 5 cruise) - you can book on line activities 105 days out
platinum (after 10) - you can start booking 120 days out

When you go in dec 3rd to check in online you will get a choice of boarding times.

Hello Fellow Cruisers,

We are wishing you all a

Happy Thanksgiving and a Happy Hanukkah!!!

Enjoy your weekend. Wishing everyone a Safe and Happy Holiday Season!!

The D's :)

Hello ,
We are excited , this will be our daughter Brooke first cruise.
Jason & Brittany

Welcome! So glad to have more folks joining us :thumbsup2

I can't believe we have just over 2 1/2 months until we cruise :cool1:

Hope that everyone had a nice holiday weekend--I'm not looking forward to getting back into the grind tomorrow morning though...

Hi everyone!
I am glad to be joining DISboards. My family and I are getting excited for this cruise in a couple of months! Sailing will be Myself (Cary), my DH Ken, and my Adult DD Allison. This is our second Disney Cruise, and my daughters first! We have joined the FE list and are looking forward to a great cruise :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter