Feb 16 2014 Western Caribbean on the Wonder

Speaking of which, would it be OK if I invited them to join the Facebook group? They are not DISers, but both are on Facebook.

Absolutely! As long as they are going on the cruise, it is fine. I also added a friend (actually the mom of one of my daughter's team mates) who isn't on this DisMeet thread but who has decided to come on this cruise.

I just sent a request for the Facebook group. I'll (40 something) be cruising with my Mom (60 something) along with a friend and her Mom. Look forward to sharing info with everyone here! My Mom and I will be staying on-board after this for another cruise making it a back-to-back so we'll be figuring out laundry facilities onboard.

We received our e-mail from DCL today reminding us that booking starts November 3 for Gold members. This is when the cruise starts to feel real. Normally, I am the one getting up at midnight to check us in and do the bookings, but this time I am flying to Europe that night so DW will have to do it. She and DD-12 are planning to scuba dive in Cozumel so that needs to be booked early along with Palo reservations.

I just sent a request for the Facebook group. I'll (40 something) be cruising with my Mom (60 something) along with a friend and her Mom. Look forward to sharing info with everyone here! My Mom and I will be staying on-board after this for another cruise making it a back-to-back so we'll be figuring out laundry facilities onboard.

Welcome to the group! :wave2:

A back-to-back sounds great--nothing worse than having to get off the ship at the end! I've found the laundry facilities to be ok--just try to go on off times, and remember that everyone else seems to want to do laundry on the sea days. For a fee you can give your laundry to your room host, and it will be done for you :cool2:

We will be staying on for the next cruise also. I think that makes at least three groups doing the back to back.

We will be staying on for the next cruise also. I think that makes at least three groups doing the back to back.

Very cool! I am assuming it is the same itinerary? A 10 night cruise sounds lovely--and 2 days at Castaway Cay is fantastic! :beach:

Very cool! I am assuming it is the same itinerary? A 10 night cruise sounds lovely--and 2 days at Castaway Cay is fantastic! :beach:

Actually, the second cruise goes to Grand Cayman and Cozumel, no Castaway Cay. We decided to do one of the beach clubs in the second Cozumel stop (which is shorter than the Feb 16th cruise stop) However, we do have two more sea days, so the it works out to 10 nights total with four port days, four sea days, and 1.5 days in Miami. We originally were going to a 7 day Western on the Fantasy (Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Castaway Cay) but the port times were all shorter than on the back to back and the total cost was about $1K more for the Fantasy! From what I have read, missing Costa Maya is no big deal. I am starting to worry about the laundry rooms on that Miami day. Seems like we all have the same idea to do our laundry then!

We originally were going to a 7 day Western on the Fantasy (Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Castaway Cay) but the port times were all shorter than on the back to back and the total cost was about $1K more for the Fantasy!

Yes, cost is why we ended up going with this cruise as well (without the back to back). I am not sure if we will ever try out the new ships; the cost is just too hard for me to justify to myself for the Fantasy, and I really don't like the shorter (3 or 4 night) cruises so that rules out the Dream. Perhaps down the road, if the itineraries change...

Yes, cost is why we ended up going with this cruise as well (without the back to back). I am not sure if we will ever try out the new ships; the cost is just too hard for me to justify to myself for the Fantasy, and I really don't like the shorter (3 or 4 night) cruises so that rules out the Dream. Perhaps down the road, if the itineraries change...

I agree - we were looking at this cruise versus the 7-day on the Fantasy for the same week, and the price was DOUBLE for the 7-day. I just couldn't justify two more days for twice the price. The 5-day cruise seemed just right to me anyways. (We've never cruised before and honestly not very appealing to me outside of the whole "Disney" thing.)

The 5-day cruise seemed just right to me anyways. (We've never cruised before and honestly not very appealing to me outside of the whole "Disney" thing.)

It's funny, I didn't think I would be very interested in cruising either. I took my first cruise (a 4 day Disney cruise on the Wonder) in 2010 on a whim, largely because they were running a Kids Sail Free promo during the week in Feb that my kids were off school. The deal was pretty good, and I figured 4 days would be short enough that if I hated it, it would be over quickly.

I am now about to take my 4th DCL cruise in 4 years, and can't wait to figure out what number 5 will be! :rotfl2:

Sorry I now won't be cruising with you due to a change of plan, but just thought I'd post that I've just released a secret verandah cabin on deck 7, if anyone is interested in changing their stateroom ? :)

It's funny, I didn't think I would be very interested in cruising either. I took my first cruise (a 4 day Disney cruise on the Wonder) in 2010 on a whim, largely because they were running a Kids Sail Free promo during the week in Feb that my kids were off school. The deal was pretty good, and I figured 4 days would be short enough that if I hated it, it would be over quickly.

I am now about to take my 4th DCL cruise in 4 years, and can't wait to figure out what number 5 will be! :rotfl2:

I never really knew how I would feel about a cruise but I knew I was curious. We took our firat in 2008 on RC and I was hooked! :cloud9: we went on another in 2009 on a different with a diffrrent company wich was vastly different and I would never sail with them again. We stayed on land since and have been to disney 2 years ago and the kids want to go again. However my DH and I want to cruise again so we compromised. I am very curios how this trip will be. I have high hopes for disney! :thumbsup2

I never really knew how I would feel about a cruise but I knew I was curious. We took our firat in 2008 on RC and I was hooked! :cloud9: we went on another in 2009 on a different with a diffrrent company wich was vastly different and I would never sail with them again. We stayed on land since and have been to disney 2 years ago and the kids want to go again. However my DH and I want to cruise again so we compromised. I am very curios how this trip will be. I have high hopes for disney! :thumbsup2

That is the issue - since we cannot afford the time nor money to do both a WDW trip and a Disney Cruise in the same calander year, the cruise is taking the place of a WDW trip. (2014 will be the first year we won't step foot in a Disney park since 2005!) So, even if we love the cruise, we would have to love the cruise MORE than Walt Disney World in order to start being frequent cruisers - and I just don't see that happening.

So, at best, even if we love it, I could maybe doing it again in 3-4 years when DD is old enough to enjoy the teen club aspect.

That is the issue - since we cannot afford the time nor money to do both a WDW trip and a Disney Cruise in the same calander year, the cruise is taking the place of a WDW trip. (2014 will be the first year we won't step foot in a Disney park since 2005!) So, even if we love the cruise, we would have to love the cruise MORE than Walt Disney World in order to start being frequent cruisers - and I just don't see that happening.

So, at best, even if we love it, I could maybe doing it again in 3-4 years when DD is old enough to enjoy the teen club aspect.

You never know! Take a look at my signature trip history and you'll see we have stopped doing the parks in favor of cruising. Of course, it helps that DCL has been out of Galveston recently and we live 30 minutes away! :thumbsup2 Also, more than half of my cruises so far and also planned have been without kids (but then about 1/3 of my Disney trips were also kid-free). And my kids were already teenagers (13 & 16) when we started cruising and we put them in a separate room beside us, so we also had plenty of couple time even on the family trips.

I'm totally hooked on Disney cruising and hope they are in New Orleans for 2015 as that's much better for us than Miami! I've pretty much ruled out all the Port Canaveral ones based on price as others have mentioned here. Miami looks like the "best value" for 2014 so that's where we'll be then.

Wow I haven't been on for so long because it's been slow. So excited now that there is so much talk going on. My 6 DD, 17DS and my mother in law are getting so excited as this will be their first cruise.

You never know! Take a look at my signature trip history and you'll see we have stopped doing the parks in favor of cruising. Of course, it helps that DCL has been out of Galveston recently and we live 30 minutes away! :thumbsup2 Also, more than half of my cruises so far and also planned have been without kids (but then about 1/3 of my Disney trips were also kid-free). And my kids were already teenagers (13 & 16) when we started cruising and we put them in a separate room beside us, so we also had plentifully of couple time even on the family trips.

I'm totally hooked on Disney cruising and hope they are in New Orleans for 2015 as that's much better for us than Miami! I've pretty much ruled out all the Port Canaveral ones based on price as others have mentioned here. Miami looks like the "best value" for 2014 so that's where we'll be then.

Our kids started cruising when they were age 4 and 7 and while it was on RC they LOVED the kids clubs! I have done one cruise without them and though I love the couple time I know they would have enjoyed the kids clubs on that boat as well. Its true they love WDW parks but I never feeel rested after. While after a cruise I have never felt better!:lovestruc and my kids have asked time and again to go on another cruise. The way I figure this must be like two of the best things put together! ( no, not peanut butter and chocolate!) WDW and cruising. If its what I think its going to be like we may never look back!:thumbsup2

Almost time to book excursions!

Only if you are gold or platinum...those of us lowly Silvers have to wait a couple more weeks ;)

Doesn't seem like there has been much additional interest in the FE exchange; wondering if we should consider having a minimum number by a certain date or planning to cancel it? Anyone else have thoughts about how to handle it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter