Feb.13th(lucky for some) 2010 Eastern Valentines Cruise - The Love Boat Sails Again !

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for all of the wonderful presents. I don't know who was more excited to return to the room and look at the FE, my kids or myself! Sorry I wasn't able to catch up with most of you. With the delayed start it just seemed like our timing was off with everything. Not sure why. And with only a couple of days of really nice weather, there wasn't a lot of lounging around the pool time.

Haven't figured out the refunds yet. Still need to sort through all of the paperwork. I am debating on whether it is worth filing a claim with the travel insurance for the miles/tolls/ extra meals. Not sure how much paperwork it will be and how much cash we will get back. Although I did call Disney and submit an inquiry as to why I was charged $56 for babysitting services one evening we went to Palo. That is a long dinner at $6/hour.

To top it off my youngest daughter (19months) got very sick the last night. I was up all night just hoping for PC to be on the horizon. We thought it was what she ate (or didn't eat)...lots of tropical fruit. Guest services sent up pedialyte pops and we had someone come change our sheets (he was fabulous, wish we got his name). But after returning home I got sick and then my other daughter. So it was more than just the food. So I think we are finally recovering. Absolutely exhausted but overall we had a good time.

Hi All,

Just got home and found a check from DCL for the missing 7% of my refund. I had about 13% refunded to my credit card and the rest is in this check. So I am sending you all some of my pixie dust and hoping you get the rest of your refund.

Kim

Hi,

I have to think if I took a Carnival Cruise instead of a Disney Cruise and the ship was no there, I would be paying my own hotel, food, etc. So part of me is happy for what Disney did for us.

But when a cast member says they are giving you 20% back on your cruise plus port charges for the missed port, and not to worry about it, have a great time and it will all work out, you add it up in your head and have a number in mind.

We got back and had no refund. After several calls our travel agent got back to me and left me a message. I got the feeling that if I had not called around that our agent would have never known they needed to send us the refund. As of now we still do not have any credit, but have been told it is no the way. Our total refund is about 15% including the port refund, so less than the 20% number plus port fees that you get in your mind. It does say on a letter, that I did get in some line during the process, that it would be 20% of the voyager fair, which I now understand is not 20% off my cruise after the fact.

We arrived at the port in our own car and had stayed at WDW for four days prior. When we arrived at the port they gave us a guest services business card to write a letter to and told us to go to EPCOT. A porter also told us to keep the extra gas, tolls, food receipts, etc. So we did.

I wrote Disney a letter about our trip, and that we would like to try again on another Disney Cruise in the future. I said I would have gladly stayed at WDW instead of driving to the port if I was told the cruise was delayed by the front desk. I sent the receipts in the letter and explained what we were told. I did get a letter in the mail within seven days, however it was a form letter to the people that were on the cruise prior to my cruise talking about the extra day people stayed on the ship. So I was a tad disappointed that I got the wrong form letter back. Also in regards to any additional refunds, etc. Disney writes that they offer travel insurance to cover these items. I understand from several people on this board that the travel insurance actually refuses to cover these items. They also recommend I contact credit card company to see if they will cover any of my additional costs.

In response to my letter I was hoping for some discount on a future cruise, a future on board ship credit, a park ticket, or something that cost them very little to offer, so we could cruise again and have a full seven day trip. I assume they are doing this so people don't call and post that Disney gave me X, and before they know it people are upset that they did not get extra items or discounts.

Steve

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for all of the wonderful presents. I don't know who was more excited to return to the room and look at the FE, my kids or myself! Sorry I wasn't able to catch up with most of you. With the delayed start it just seemed like our timing was off with everything. Not sure why. And with only a couple of days of really nice weather, there wasn't a lot of lounging around the pool time.

Haven't figured out the refunds yet. Still need to sort through all of the paperwork. I am debating on whether it is worth filing a claim with the travel insurance for the miles/tolls/ extra meals. Not sure how much paperwork it will be and how much cash we will get back. Although I did call Disney and submit an inquiry as to why I was charged $56 for babysitting services one evening we went to Palo. That is a long dinner at $6/hour.

To top it off my youngest daughter (19months) got very sick the last night. I was up all night just hoping for PC to be on the horizon. We thought it was what she ate (or didn't eat)...lots of tropical fruit. Guest services sent up pedialyte pops and we had someone come change our sheets (he was fabulous, wish we got his name). But after returning home I got sick and then my other daughter. So it was more than just the food. So I think we are finally recovering. Absolutely exhausted but overall we had a good time.

DD & I were both diagnosed with strep throat the day we came home :scared1:

Hi,

. Also in regards to any additional refunds, etc. Disney's writes that they offer travel insurance to cover these items. I understand from several people on this board that the travel insurance actually refuses to cover these items.

Steve

Steve, quick question are your saying, that insurance companies aren't covering the day missed 2/13? or any expenses on 2/13?

Hi,

We did not get the travel insurance, but from what I have seen posted it sounds like people that are trying to get items covered under the travel insurance are being told the issue is a Disney issue and not something covered under the insurance. So it will be interesting to see what if anything people get covered with the travel insurance.

Steve

Hi,

We did not get the travel insurance, but from what I have seen posted it sounds like people that are trying to get items covered under the travel insurance are being told the issue is a Disney issue and not something covered under the insurance. So it will be interesting to see what if anything people get covered with the travel insurance.

Steve

I'll let you know how I make out with mine. Thanks

Hi all ~

I just got an unsolicited call from DVC which settled my questions. I've had quite a few e-mails going back and forth with DCL, with no resultion, so they must have contacted DVC on my behalf.

We had booked the original trip for 3 of us trip with DVC points. When Jody joined in, she paid cash. I got one credit (onboard) no mention of a credit for the cash payment. Once we got home, I called and asked for a breakdown so I could give Jody her fair refund.

DCL wouldn't talk to me - said I had to talk to DVC - who said it was "all done by DCL". Several days and several e-mails later I was so disgusted that I was just going to split the refund in 4 - that way I would know Jody got at least her fair share. The Member Services person at DVC was so rude to me (a first in all the years we've had DVC ) that I just figured I'd give up.

But today a really nice supervisor called me from DVC and gave me exactly what I asked for- a full breakdown of the "cash value" of passengers 1 and 2 and passengers 3 and 4 (Jody). He said that the port charge for St. Maarten was $5.00 per person and was included in the refund. The figures he gave me exactly total 20% of the "voyage fare" (less taxes and the port charge for St.Thomas and CC) plus $5.00 pp. I am able to give Jody her exact refund back (and keep a little more for me since she wasn't really entitled to a true 25% as the 4th passenger !) :rotfl:

Alls well that ends well.....

Well we are still waiting for our refund.

Disney sent it to Cruises Only. Disney will not disclose the amount of the refund, I have to get that from Cruises Only.

After calling Cruises Only, they left me a message that they had my refund and would be sending it, that was about a week and a half ago. Still nothing on our credit card or in the mail.

All my additional calls have gone to voicemail with no return calls from Cruises Only. I'll check my credit card statement Monday again and if no refund start calling again.

Hopefully everyone else is not having any issues.

Steve

Judy Benson added some awesome pictures of the Ladies Lunch to my TR if anyone is interested. Hope everyone is well. Is it spring yet???

Hi there! Hope you are all doing great. Definitely having DCL withdrawls and I cannot stay away from the boards. I thought I wrote down the dates that AFV is going to air the footage taped while we were on board, but I cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone have the sheet they gave out with the dates. I thought there were 2 days, possibly in May. Thanks!!!!

Hi there! Hope you are all doing great. Definitely having DCL withdrawls and I cannot stay away from the boards. I thought I wrote down the dates that AFV is going to air the footage taped while we were on board, but I cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone have the sheet they gave out with the dates. I thought there were 2 days, possibly in May. Thanks!!!!

Hi,

I believe their are two possible air dates. My wife has them written down so I will ask and post it here later. Our four year old daughter should be on the show dressed as a pirate sword fighting the host in some still shots.

Steve Lisa Amber and baby Brooke

I looked at the paper they put in our staterooms, and it said May 16 and 23. I think I'm on the show as well, standing directly behind Tom while he announced 3 of the segments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter