Feb.13th(lucky for some) 2010 Eastern Valentines Cruise - The Love Boat Sails Again !

We had a great time and are glad we got to meet quite a few of you. Sorry we were too late for the ladies lunch...and we didn't find out about the group picture until the next day.

Thanks for the FE gifts. Good thing we were driving!

Just got back from our long drive home to Massachusetts-phew, I think I need another vacation! We had a great first cruise! Thank you all so much for the wonderful FE gifts! The kids had a blast running back to the room to check and see what new gifts we had received. There were a lot of creative and talented people in the group! Thanks for making our first cruise even more fun!

Hi Everyone,

Just got home a few hours ago. I am totally exhusted. We had a great time.

Can someone post a photo of our group photo?

I had such fun with you all!!!!!

Hi everybody; we just got home last night; we went from the ship directly to the Hollywood Studios, a night at the Dolphin, then Magic Kingdom and a late (and delayed on top of it) flight home yesterday.
We had a great time, it was great meeting everybody, and now we can start looking forward to our next Disney trip!

John G

It's 10:45 PM and we are home (finally!). In spite of the crazy beginning, it was a wonderful week. It was so fun to meet you all, to get to really know some of you, and to share a lot of good times. The FE turned out to be so much fun, and the Ladies Lunch was great. As promised, here is the info. on getting the most popular gifts at the Ladies Lunch for yourself:

to order the towel - contact Lisa at 770-369-2060 0r www.impressionswear.com
to order the print - contact the artist, Cheryl, at parabicoli@aol.com or look for her prints on EBay

Also, if you want to send a communication to Disney about your experiences last Saturday/Sunday, e-mail DCL.Guest.Communications@disneycruise.com
or write to: Disney Cruise Vacations Guest Communications
PO Box 10238
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-0238
We were told upon disembarking this morning that they WANT to hear from passengers about how the delay was handled

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" ~ Dr. Suess

Take care everyone!
Karen

I am going to try for a trip report. I did finally manage to write day 1 Will post it today

Karen, my PM box is empty now. ;)

Cool, looking forward to the trip report.

Man did we have a great time. I am at work now, and it's hard to get back into it.

I did see on the DIS site that they offer $100 on board credit for 7 day cruises, so we plan on using them for our next Dis cruise. It's still very expensive even with the Disney discount we got on board, so we will have to see if we end up doing it next year or canceling.

We will be back at WDW around XMas, so looking forward to that trip now.

See ya,
Steve

Here's my link

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2403413

Does anyone remember ithe name of the guys in the comedy shows.

The guy with the football was the most funniest thing I saw

I think his name was Heath Hyche or something like that, not certain on spelling. Alfred and Seymore were the comedians on the second half of the trip.

Has anyone gotten their credit processed yet? We got one for about 17%, I've written to Disney to ask for the rest?!?!

I think his name was Heath Hyche or something like that, not certain on spelling. Alfred and Seymore were the comedians on the second half of the trip.

Has anyone gotten their credit processed yet? We got one for about 17%, I've written to Disney to ask for the rest?!?!

I checked my credit card online today and nothing so far. 17% ???? that's odd.... :confused3

Here's my link

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2403413
Does anyone remember ithe name of the guys in the comedy shows.
The guy with the football was the most funniest thing I saw

I started a trip report also, but I am technologically challenged and have no idea how to post a link to it. :confused3. Feel free to add to / correct /highjack the report. I love reading trip reports when more than one opinion is included. Mine is called "We're going on a Disney cruise! But wait... where's the boat?"

Could it be that you figured 20% off the bottom line? The 20% off only applies to the booking price...minus taxes, insurance, etc.

Jess

Good question, I should have clarified. The refund we got so far was 17% of the cruise cost before Government Taxes & Fees. There are about $250 of fees that I didn't include in the calculation.

If I hadn't already removed that, 17% would probably be about right. Strange, I guess I'll wait to hear back from Disney - they must be busy with the emails.

I uploaded our 2 minute video of the magic leaving port on Feb. 14th and the Wonder going past.

http://www.impressionswear.com/leavingport.AVI

If someone wants to download this and make it smaller please do so.
It is 148 M right now at 2 mins long and takes about 5 minutes to download and then will play.

I will upload some other general photos here also later tonight.

Steve, Lisa, Amber, and Brooke
Atlanta GA

We have gotten our refund but it is about only 14% of our fare before taxes and pre paid gradutities.

I just figured everything out and noticed that our servers only got $360 of our tips and we pre-paid $420.00... so there is $60 out there somewhere...
I wrote DCL - because our room was shorted along with all 7 other rooms we were ajoined with.

We also had to pay for parking at Shingle Creek - $12.00

I have been accepting of everything until now.. I have three sheets of paper telling me 20%r efund and goverment fees for St Maarten and now the missing $60 tips...

I suggest everyone be checking their refunds twice.... sorry ------

Does anyone know if they actually got the St. Maarten port charges refunded? I had a refund listed of $56.00 each for me and Meg, $21.00 each for Kelly and Jody. It was originally posted as "fuel surcharge refund" but in subsequent print-outs it simply said "onboard credit (refundable)". Was that the St. Maarten refund? And if it was, why would the port charges for the 3rd and 4th passenger be less than half of the 1st and 2nd passenger? So confusing....:confused3

SO I got my repsonse back from Disney -
after being told they were going to refund our parking at shingle creek and gas and tolls.. now I am told SOL...... should have bought Travel Insurance.

I was told TI wasn't offered to TA's - but called them anyways and they said they aren't honoring alot of claims because it was DCL fault and not in the guidlines of TI.

There are two "fares" and we are only being refunded on the voyage fare. Our other fare we are not recieving money back on and they did refund the Tips... so our total refund wasn't even 10% of what we paid in before taxes and Tips.

Very upsetting for me since I have tried to stay postive for the whole thing and helped others stay positve but now the aftermath and its a different story from DCL - and there is nothing I can do?

SO I got my repsonse back from Disney -
after being told they were going to refund our parking at shingle creek and gas and tolls.. now I am told SOL...... should have bought Travel Insurance.

I was told TI wasn't offered to TA's - but called them anyways and they said they aren't honoring alot of claims because it was DCL fault and not in the guidlines of TI.

There are two "fares" and we are only being refunded on the voyage fare. Our other fare we are not recieving money back on and they did refund the Tips... so our total refund wasn't even 10% of what we paid in before taxes and Tips.

Very upsetting for me since I have tried to stay postive for the whole thing and helped others stay positve but now the aftermath and its a different story from DCL - and there is nothing I can do?

So sorry to hear this. I was hoping this kind of stuff wouldn't happen. I am wondering now about our tips. My DH took care of that but we had prepaid them. We did rebook on board. We have some credits on our card on Sunday that I don't really understand. I need to call Disney for clarification. Strangely enough one of our credits was the exact amount of the deposit for the next cruise.
I have a feeling this will be a mess.

Steve - great video, thanks for posting.

I checked my cc last night. I have two refunds. One is for about $180 which I am guessing is the St. Maarten port fees. The other is for $750. Which would be 20% of $3750. The total for our cruise was around $5500. That means that $1750 of that is non-refundable fees and taxes?

Guess they are going to be getting several letters/calls.

I paid our servers cash tips, so I don't have to worry about those being messed with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter