Feb.13th(lucky for some) 2010 Eastern Valentines Cruise - The Love Boat Sails Again !

Got my suitcase down from the attic last night, and today is packing and trying on things to make sure they fit, etc. Also have to go back in the attic for some summery stuff. Betty and I fly out Friday night and are taking the DCL bus to the port. I've been thinking about it, but can't come up with a plan for bringing any wine with us. My bag will be too full here, don't want to risk it breaking in my suitcase anyway. I doubt the DCL bus will make a stop for wine, so unless I find some in Orlando airport, I'll be getting my drinks onboard.

We had 12-14 inches of snow yesterday, and DH just called on his way to work to say the roads are covered in ice now. I'm still being positive that the runways will be clear by 7:30 tomorrow night.

Safe travels everyone, and looking forward to finally seeing you all in person!

Linda

Linda, will you be staying at the Hyatt? If so, I will be making a stop in the afternoon to ABC Liqours, & going to Disney world. If your leaving from the Hyatt, I can leave the wine at the front desk Hyatt late Friday night?

We have been in Orlando for almost a week now ...its our 5th Feb trip and we have never known it cold here before :headache:....guess we can't always be lucky, and at least there has not been too much rain !

We did manage to get one pool day in this week at least, but we are sad to have paid for our pool heating all week and only used it just once :rolleyes1

Day time is not actually too bad, but we have had a duvet on the bed each night !!

Sorry to hear of your problems at home mygr8kdz, it is a terrible decision to make...my own DF has advanced prostrate cancer and though he is currently stable, it is always at the back of my mind that we could get a call...or worse, find that somthing happened while we were gone.:guilty:

Looking forward to meeting you all soon, and hope you all have a safe and speedy journey xxxxx

Let the Magic begin ......:wizard:

Forgot to say that we can pick up the odd bottle, or two, if anyone else is stuck for liquor ?? :confused:

Just PM me asap with your request.

Finally Packed. With an extra bag because I started throwing everything in. Friday is supposed to be rainy and cold but then Sat Sunny. Even at 50 if it is sunny and no wind it will be great. We are wearing shorts Sat so it better be nice!!! We decided against KSC on Friday due to the weather. Instead we will take our time and make it over towards the port late Fri afternoon.

We will be at the Country Inn and Suites. I think Joy will be there too. Anyone else? Would love to meet up Fri evening or Sat morning and let the adventures begin!

Have a safe trip everyone and SEE you soon. :cheer2:

We are leaving in a couple of hours. Hopefully all this crazy snow down South won't affect us too much. See everyone on the ship!

DH was watching the weather and trying to determine if we need anything extra in our suitcases when he saw that the volcano on Montserrat erupted and ash is 50,000 feet in the air. :eek: He called Disney to ask if our cruise would be affected and since it just happened, they didn't even know about it yet. They just said that if safety is involved, they reserve the right to change the itinerary. We're planning to drive to FL in just a few hours -- trying to miss the snow and ice that are coming for Atlanta.

DH was watching the weather and trying to determine if we need anything extra in our suitcases when he saw that the volcano on Montserrat erupted and ash is 50,000 feet in the air. :eek: He called Disney to ask if our cruise would be affected and since it just happened, they didn't even know about it yet. They just said that if safety is involved, they reserve the right to change the itinerary. We're planning to drive to FL in just a few hours -- trying to miss the snow and ice that are coming for Atlanta.

Looking at Google, it appears that St. Martin is our closest approach to Montserrat; it's around 100 miles to the north north west. Another map with wind directions shows Montserrat currently with winds directly from the east.

Here is St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Montserrat from Google Earth. I measured about 110 SSE from St. Maarten. Montserrat is in the lower right corner right above the Google trademark. St. Maarten and St.Thomas are marked with pins.

Volcano.jpg

So hopefully all will go as planned... I'm ready for some sun no matter where! See you all soon. Safe travels.:)

Thanks Karen, Barbara and Patricia for the offer to get some wine for Betty and me. What I like is Reisling or dessert wine, which are both white. Any brand will do. The problem is now I don't know who will see this. If any of you do, 2 bottles would be good, because I think we'd like to have some tropical drinks as well.

So if any of you see this before you go, I'll take you up on the offer. It's going to be so nice to meet friends that I've never seen before!

Finally Packed. With an extra bag because I started throwing everything in. Friday is supposed to be rainy and cold but then Sat Sunny. Even at 50 if it is sunny and no wind it will be great. We are wearing shorts Sat so it better be nice!!! We decided against KSC on Friday due to the weather. Instead we will take our time and make it over towards the port late Fri afternoon.

We will be at the Country Inn and Suites. I think Joy will be there too. Anyone else? Would love to meet up Fri evening or Sat morning and let the adventures begin!

Have a safe trip everyone and SEE you soon. :cheer2:

We're going to be at the Four Points By Sheraton Cocoa Beach, do you know if that is anywhere near your hotel? We won't have a car but it may be on a bus route? If not I'm sure there are taxis around.

It seems that anytime I plan a vacation weather seems to interrupt it. We are driving from Louisiana in the morning and it has sleeted all day and it has started snowing tonight. I really miss Global Warming. I don't know what time we will be getting on the road. Not when I want to. Original plan was leave by 4am and get to Port Canaveral by 6pm. Now we may not be leaving until after 6am when hopefully the roads will be thawed. This is the second time this winter we are seeing snow. I can count on one hand how many times it has snowed in my lifetime here. DH is a State Trooper and very cautious so we are not leaving until it is safe. A hurricane nearly ruined my trip to WDW in 2008 and now snow is trying to do it in 2010. Last May we had horrible rain so who knows when a good time of year to go is. I can't wait to meet all of you guys on Sat. I hope everyone arrives safely. WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Schools are cancelled today - so we are leaving early!!!! We are at the Country Inn and Suites tonight, please say hi if you think you've found us!

I have my blackberry, so if you email me I'll get it pretty fast and we can meet up.

Can't believe the months have gone by this fast. Looking forward to meeting everyone!!!

-joy

Schools are cancelled today - so we are leaving early!!!! We are at the Country Inn and Suites tonight, please say hi if you think you've found us!

I have my blackberry, so if you email me I'll get it pretty fast and we can meet up.

Can't believe the months have gone by this fast. Looking forward to meeting everyone!!!

-joy

Joy,

Thank you both for taking our package with you and giving it to Melanie! SHE IS Truly the BEST! She does the Family Kareoke every night, we love her, she is the true MAGIC of our cruise! I know we are not on this cruise, but we went 2 weeks ago and it was great! Chris and I were ready to hop in your bags so we could go w/y'all too! Have a marvelous time. Oh, and if you like to shop or if you like Jewelry, go see "Holli" she is Disneys personal shoppper and will give you awesome advice on where to shop and if you get her "VIP" pass it is worth gold, or you could say it is worht DIAMONDS! Really "DIAMONDS!" And not only that you have a chance to get free Diamonds and FREE Jewels when you walk into stores 1 carat jewels! we ended up getting a total of 6 carats for free.(Saphire,Black Opal, and amethyst, 2 carats each!) And if you go to Diamonds International you get a free gold bracelet(charm bracelet) then pay them $5 for a charm, and then when you go to St.Thomas from then on at other ports see list, you get a free charm! its really cute, I gave mine to Evelyn,our Daughter! I am very Jealous of y'all going when its about to snow here! YUCK! Have a MAGICAL time(we know y'all will)!

Oh, I hope you enjoyed our extra navigators so y'all could plan, somewhat plan, out your trip.

Ronda Schwartz

Ronda, did you post your navigators somewhere, or did you email to Joy?

Joy can you send to me?

Ronda, did you post your navigators somewhere, or did you email to Joy?

Joy can you send to me?

WE picked up extas for them, and we also sent them through email, she should have a copy of the ones we gave to them, if they remember to bring them. Hope y'all have very safe travels! It was a GREAT time! We are ready to go back, wish we could be w/y'all on this cruise!!! Have FUN and let the "MAGIC" begin. Oh, 1 thing we did not do is go see the ventrilocist(I think thats how you spell it), we went to the last show of the Magic, and the ventriocist had a little act, hilarious! we we upset w/ourselves for not going to see him! Our 4 1/2 year old loved him too she did not stop laughing! VERY FUNNY!:rotfl2:

Thank you everyone for your concern and well wishes. I appreciate the private messages and postings very much.

We were allowed to reschedule our flights but the earliest flights out with availability are on Tuesday. We are hoping to have a few days at WDW but we'll see how it goes. They are forecasting snow for Tuesday.

Dad had a few good days and some not so good. They may do surgery on Monday and we'll see if that helps the situation.

Just taking things day by day. I'll be watching the PC webcam and waving to you tomorrow! Already planning my next cruise(s) - eases the pain a bit to have the planning to start all over again! We were already booked on the Dream for next August and looking at RCCL for DD's 16th birthday.

Have a great time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter