Feb 1, 2007 Wonder

I will be on the Wonder one week after you guys. I have had no nibbles on my Cruise meet thread but want to wish you all a great cruise! I hope it gets here very fast for you!:banana:

It seems awfully quiet here too, ashman! I looked on DCL and there are still Cat 11s and 10s which indicates a light load. I'm hoping for less crowds anyway. It was nice not to worry about chair hogs on sea days.

Happy Sailing to you, too! :wave2:

If you get lonely you can come chat with us. Who cares if it's not the exact sailing as yours. ;)

It seems awfully quiet here too, ashman! I looked on DCL and there are still Cat 11s and 10s which indicates a light load. I'm hoping for less crowds anyway. It was nice not to worry about chair hogs on sea days.

Happy Sailing to you, too! :wave2:

If you get lonely you can come chat with us. Who cares if it's not the exact sailing as yours. ;)

Quiet? You want quiet? I'll show you quiet, check this sad thread out!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=977804

To my dear friends in my northern neighbor state of VA howdy! :yay: Great Dane's Mom, I'm a NC boy, did your daughter get born with the NC BBQ gene? :rotfl2:

I lived in VA beach for three years. Hard to believe that y'all's cruise is 4 weeks away (mine is 5!) here is how our family is ocunting down:

DSC01433.jpg

Anyhoo thanks for letting me tag along!

Quiet? You want quiet? I'll show you quiet, check this sad thread out!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=977804

To my dear friends in my northern neighbor state of VA howdy! :yay: Great Dane's Mom, I'm a NC boy, did your daughter get born with the NC BBQ gene? :rotfl2:

I lived in VA beach for three years. Hard to believe that y'all's cruise is 4 weeks away (mine is 5!) here is how our family is ocunting down:

DSC01433.jpg

Anyhoo thanks for letting me tag along!

Oh, boy, no offense but that IS sad. :sad2: Unless, does that mean you have the ship to yourself other than the convention folks? Was your TA able to find anything about this group as far as size goes?

Maybe you should switch and come and week early. ;) :rotfl2:

I love your countdown calendar, too.

I lived in VA Beach for a couple of years when I was younger. You wouldn't even recognize the area now. Hampton has 4 or 5 lanes on interstate 64 now. I'm from outside Richmond, VA - in the boonies as I call it. My grandma lived in New Bern, NC. She's since passed, but it's a nice area. We also love to vacation at Emerald Isle in NC. ::yes::

So are there a lot from VA? I too am from VA. I will be on the cruise, there are 9 of us going. I am obsessed now that it is so close, trying to get as many tips and tricks as I can. Love this website.

I've lived in Va before ( 3 times). I'm an Army Brat. I Love Va. I would live there if I did not live in Fl. My brother and his wife live in Richmond. My parents are Va natives from Charles City. One set of grandparents lived in Providence Forge and another lived in the Williamsburg area. I try to get to Va about every 2 years.

MEBs_Tinkerbell - You know the Wonder just drydocked in Norfolk in October, right? I was there when they brought her Port Canaveral so when we sailed out on the Magic the Wonder was there - they saluted each other in a way (if that's what you call it) before we headed out with all the Wonder crew out on deck waving and cheering. It was very cool.

Onto the Romance Package. I know Palo was easy to get a hold of this go around so that wouldn't be worth much but it was a real perk to book it at 120 days out with those in suites. The gift they had in the stateroom was nice - 2 robes, nice silver frame and chocolates. Then you got to order breakfast (hot) in your stateroom one morning. The menu doesn't rival with the menus available in suites but nice nonetheless. The kicker was how the guy decorated our room for the night I designated it as our "romance" night. The card they give you only has two options but you can designate any night you want. Just let your stateroom host or hostess know. We had went to Palo to dine, DS was in the kids club for an extended amount of time with strict orders do not page unless bleeding and we found this upon our return:

If you can't see it you can find on my Disney Magic Cruise - June album - maybe 10th page or so.

http://family.webshots.com/album/551953723jwzUsd

Oh, boy, no offense but that IS sad. :sad2:
Maybe you should switch and come and week early. ;) :rotfl2:

I love your countdown calendar, too.

I lived in VA Beach for a couple of years when I was younger. You wouldn't even recognize the area now. Hampton has 4 or 5 lanes on interstate 64 now. I'm from outside Richmond, VA - in the boonies as I call it. My grandma lived in New Bern, NC. She's since passed, but it's a nice area. We also love to vacation at Emerald Isle in NC. ::yes::

Yup pretty sad, no info yet. I think it would cost me a bit much to switch now, I'll let you know how it turns out!

I grew up in Greenville, right around the corner from New Bern and I have been to Emerald Ilse several times!

Yup pretty sad, no info yet. I think it would cost me a bit much to switch now, I'll let you know how it turns out!

I grew up in Greenville, right around the corner from New Bern and I have been to Emerald Ilse several times!

I love the accents people have from North Carolina. It's one of the few places that girls can call my husband "honey" and I have no problem with it. I know what they mean when they call him that. ;) Mmmm, the BBQ. Yumm-o! (ok, so I'm a total foodie :blush: )

I hope you stick around to chat.

Why is this on page 2 anyway? We are a FEB cruise. It's just WRONG for it to be on page 2. :rotfl:

Hey, anyone doing wine tasting? I think I'm pretty set on it. I've also extended my pre-cruise stay! :banana: So we'll have 5 days in the world and ending with the cruise. :cloud9: :thumbsup2 Anyone else doing pre-cruise stays? We'll be at CSR then switching to BWV. We're hitting the Pirates & Princesses party and some shows. I'm excited. I've been wanting to see La Nouba since our 1st WDW trip. ::yes:: :woohoo:

We will be arriving on 1-28 (flying from Greensboro) and staying at CBR. We will have 4 days at the parks and not sure what order I am going to take them in....any suggestions? Disney is transporting us to the port, someone had said they leave from Animal Kingdom....anyone know for sure?
Also have you got your packet from the resort and cruise? I am going thru a travel agent and still haven't got them! I hate to wait until the last minute.
What dinner time are you guys at? We are doing the early. Keep me posted and remember this is my family's first trip to the world!

Tammyct - I don't have my docs yet either but I only booked about a week ago. I usually don't get them from my TA until 2 weeks before.

Yes, DCL does pick up from AK park - it leaves around noon - I think. I can't be positive. You may want to ask your TA how to handle your luggage unless you just plan to take a cab over there. You can also schedule yourself at BC/Swan/Dolphin and other deluxes. Again, it'll be up to you to get to those. Since they offer mods in their land/sea packages I'd see if there are any mods nearby you can catch that bus from.

I'm assuming you've reserved Magical Express for your transfer from MCO to CBR? If not, you can call them yourself or get your TA to arrange it. They'll need your flight info. I believe ME tags will be sent to your TA and they will pass it on to you. I could be wrong. I've only used it outbound so I had no need for luggage tags before now.

Have you registered your children for the kids club online? Have you done your online check-in yet? I'll probably sit down and do mine tomorrow. It'll make check-in at the terminal desk a lot easier. Remember, you don't have to get the pagers for the kids in the terminal. I waited and went into the kids club after they opened around 3 p.m. and it was pretty much a ghost town.

I'm on late seating but I've requested main seating. I hope I get main seating as it would work better for me.

Have you planned on dining in Palo? It looks like the dining reservations are being swooped up. Spa appointments booked (if interested)?

Have you made your ADRs at WDW? Dinner in restaurants can be tricky.

I typically avoid the park that has EMH. If you go to the main page wdwinfo.com there are themepark hours link on the left and that'll tell you what parks are opening early or closing late.

AK park you can probably do in less than a day in all honesty. Get there upon opening hit Expedition Everest, Dinoland is next to it so do Primeval Whirl, Dinosaur, go out and hit Bugs Life, then swing over to Africa for Kilamajaro Safaris...if you must get a little wet and the line isn't long Kali River Rapids. I must warn you, I like the theming of Kali River Rapids but I feel it pales in comparison to our VA themepark water rides like Roman Rapids and White Water Canyon for length of time on it. In the morning there will be character opportunities for the kids. You can go to Camp Mickey & Minnie to get autographs too. I'm guessing right after late lunch you can head back to CBR and take a nap. Then head to another park, maybe Epcot since it's the kid's least favorite. You can hit Soarin' then swing over to Test Track and if you're really daring Mission Space (I like it personally). I believe the Nemo thing is up and going in the Land next to Soarin' so swing by there as well. There are interactive things at Epcot but these are the main attractions. Stroll through the different countries and maybe set up a dinner ADR for a restaurant IN Epcot. I really enjoyed LeCellier's, Marrakesh and there's Coral Reef. Then you can get settled in for Illuminations - this is not to be missed. It's done at the lake. You can stand in any country and see it. If you head to themepark board you might see tips on where to stand for the best view. MK will take an entire day. Start at Space Mountain and work yourself around or go to Splash Mountain and work around the other way. I don't think you'll be there for Spectromagic parade - they aren't holding it each night so check the guide. If you can get on Main Street looking at the castle it will afford the best view. Have your kids look to the right of the castle to watch for Tinkerbell! MGM - have you booked the Fantasmic package? The Fantasmic show is also very awesome! If you did book the package - Brown Derby all the way. Yum! Try to get towards the middle for seating if possible but there aren't "bad" views. Don't miss the Muppets or the cars stunt show if it's still there. You can find Mike & Sulley close to the ABC Commissary. Check the schedule out front if they aren't open.

It's a lot to pack into 4 days even. I'm hoping the crowds will be light so you can sweep through things. :wizard:

Did you know about the Pirates & Princess party event? You'll be there in time for it on 1/29. $35 adult advance tickets online. I think kids are around $25...but I have no kids with me so I'm guessing. It's a ticketed event at MK geared for the young ones. They'll have a special parade and I believe even a firework show but again not 100% certain. I'm going with a friend, relative and relative's children.

Dining choices - if time affords - Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge is a riot and the food is good. It's not overly pricey either. You can check out the menus at allearsnet.com to get an idea on price. There will be a list of things to say or request from your server. ;) Pony races are also done.

It's hard going to Disney and not having a set plan. This place is just too huge and I know it's overwhelming. You'll have to plan your time. Head to the themepark board for more strategies to maximize your time. I'm not by an means an expert. There may be a better way of doing things so your family can see the main attractions. You should also research some of the rides as they may not be appropriate for your children. A Bug's Life in AK scares some children b/c of all the bugs. TOT/RnR are high thrillers. Oh, but don't miss Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan in MK. My DH LOVES them and we have to ride them every single time we are in MK. I know there are park maps on this site as well so you can familiarize yourself with how it's set up. Maybe print it and plot your course. That's what we did for our first trip or I should say my DH did. I handled the resorts/dining while he took care of planning our park days. Budget for naps - you just can't do park touring from sun up to sun down unless you guys are the energizer bunnies. Ok, that's my book for tonight. Sorry if it's all mushed together and lengthy.

Just checking out your thread since I was previously booked on this cruise, until DH waited too long to book his ski trip so we had to change to 2/15. Sorry I will miss all you "southerners".... and I was born in Asheville.... oh well. Ya'll have a great time!!!!!

Way too many people at the MVMCP that didnt pay for it.....

Not sure when you went, but on 12/21 they were checking wristbands like crazy.... although it was much later than the MK's regular closing time.

Just checking out your thread since I was previously booked on this cruise, until DH waited too long to book his ski trip so we had to change to 2/15. Sorry I will miss all you "southerners".... and I was born in Asheville.... oh well. Ya'll have a great time!!!!!

Enjoy your cruise and ski trip! :wave2:

We will be arriving on 1-28 (flying from Greensboro) and staying at CBR. We will have 4 days at the parks and not sure what order I am going to take them in....any suggestions? Disney is transporting us to the port, someone had said they leave from Animal Kingdom....anyone know for sure?
Also have you got your packet from the resort and cruise? I am going thru a travel agent and still haven't got them! I hate to wait until the last minute.
What dinner time are you guys at? We are doing the early. Keep me posted and remember this is my family's first trip to the world!

Greensboro is my home town! Hope you have a great trip. How far do you have to go to get to Greensboro? They have changed the entrance to the airport recently. But it is still fairly straightforward to get to.

2hrs to get to Greensboro we are going to stay at a hotel the night before and have them shuttle us to the airport, not sure which yet I think my agent is going to book later in the week. I believe our flight leaves at 0700.

Nope not yet. Our flight was changed so now we are going to arrive a night earlier than original. I have stressed all week over this change@! Can't wait to just get there and stop worrying. Now I just have to be patient and wait on my tickets.....Will this maddness ever end?????:scared:

No documents here, either. Funny, we live 2 miles from DCL corporate, but we are always LAST to get our docs! :confused3

No docs yet either, but I just downgraded so I wonder how that affects my docs. I couldn't ignore a big chunk of change with the new magical rates out there. I don't think I'm going to be using that balcony since we're doing so many activities onboard and in port so I could make do with an inside stateroom. I just hope I don't get sea sick with no window to look out. Who knows maybe they'll have mercy on me and give me a porthole. :rotfl2:

It won't be long now! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter