Feb 1, 2007 Wonder

Here's another family for the mix. My wife and I will be sailing Feb 1st with our 2 year old son. This is his first major trip as we'll be driving down from Canada. We have Vero Beach and OKW booked as well. Will most likely be DVC members when we leave... I'm so looking forward to this cruise. I've never been on a cruise before so I'm trusting in Disney to take care of me.

See you there!

We're glad you found us! You and your family are in for a real treat on a DCL cruise. I think you'll find the cruise portion of your trip to be perfect with a 2 year old. There' s so much to do on the ship, yet your cabin is never far away when your little one begins to tire. We did our first cruise on DCL not so very long ago and became positively addicted to cruising.

We're doing our second DCL cruise on 2/1 and will be bringing our 12 year old daughter. Only 5 1/2 weeks to go!!

Cheryl

I will be on the Wonder on the 2-1-07 with two boys (5/7) and one girl (6).
I would love to talk via email prior to the trip. This is our first cruise so any advice you could give would be great as we are going into this blind.
My 7yo will be 8 in March and I am worried he will think the club he is in is too "young" for him, should I try to switch him to the next group and will disney let me?
Look forward to talking with you!

Welcome Jburns
Tammyct, the best advise i can give you would be to browse this web site as much as possible so that you can learn everything that you can. And don't hesitate to ask questions. Happy cruising.

Hello! Santa brought our family the 3 night cruise for Christmas...what a nice guy! :thumbsup2 This will be our 9th Disney Cruise and we can't wait to get onboard! Our kids are 4 and 17 (yes, we are nuts! :laughing: )

Happy New Year!

Lisa

GF was pretty good, but the Magic Kingdom was much less decorated than I expected.

Way too many people at the MVMCP that didnt pay for it.....

WDW is much more stressful than the cruise!

Ok, you can add 2 adults to the list that is going. :banana: Just myself and my MIL. Long story short - DH didn't want to take time off for a cruise. I was originally looking at RCL but ended up booking DCL. Well, you know - MIL needs to have her first cruise experience on the best. ;) We cruise together in May on Princess so this will give her taste and hopefully have her hooked.

No excursions this go around although I'm tempted to book parasailing at CC as a surprise. I thought about just doing the aquarium at Atlantis and head back by lunch. I hear they can get pushy there so that kind of concerns me.

We'll be staying at Disney pre-cruise - where? I have no idea as I can't quite decide. Maybe DVC property or Pop or CSR. :confused3 We're doing shows each night that my DH and DS never wanted to see like Spirit of Aloha and La Nouba. :goodvibes

The e-mail for the kids was a really good idea. :thumbsup2 My DS is kind of disappointed that he's not going this time around.

What's up with all the Virginia cruisers?! I hail from outside of Richmond, VA. :wave:

She who can't wait to be sipping on Konk Koolers,
Bonnie

So are there a lot from VA? I too am from VA. I will be on the cruise, there are 9 of us going. I am obsessed now that it is so close, trying to get as many tips and tricks as I can. Love this website.

Welcome to Hookedonmagic (Lisa), VAgal76 (Bonnie), tammyct and all of your families. It's great to see the group growing here in the last few weeks. Looks like Santa did a lot of DCL shopping! :thumbsup2

I'm glad to see my fellow Virginians jumping on board. We know a good time when we see one, don't we girls???

Now that the holidays are winding down we're trying to get ourselves in gear to really plan the trip. Time to get the suitcases out! We've booked the Ardastra Zoo for Nassau and have the Stingray Swim tentatively booked for Castatway. My DD(12) is a little nervous about the rays and I'm not sure about the cold water :scared1: so we may end up cancelling and just relaxing on the island. She loved the dolphins in Cozumel but she's just not so sure about rays. What is everyone else planning for their excursions?

Cheryl

We'll be joining ya'll on the 2/1 cruise, thanks to my children's generous grandparents. Our group consists of my parents, DH, DS (4), DS (2), and myself. We'll be in category 5 rooms. I am a Disney veteran, but this will be my first cruise experience and I can't wait! See you in a few weeks!

Jill - You're in for a real treat. DCL puts Disney land based resorts to shame when it comes to service levels IMO. I know it's comparing apples to oranges but we noticed a big difference between the two. And we thought their resort CMs were terrific already. :eek: Oh, BTW - I'm in a Cat 5 right now, too. What cabin do you have? We're in cabin #7542. There's a laundry room on that deck so you won't be far away from it. It's between mid-ship and forward...port side if I remember correctly. :crazy: That's just in case you need it. ;)

OMG, it IS the invasion of Virginians! :rotfl2:

Cheryl - I think IF I do anything in Nassau we'll head to the aquarium at Atlantis on our own. I don't want to spend 4 to 7 hours with a tour through Disney. I think I'm going to book the wine tasting for 3 pm that day also.

I saw the exact spot where they are doing the stingray interaction at Castaway Cay. You might want to do an earlier time slot so the the water doesn't get murky. They are MUCH smaller than the ones you encounter at Grand Cayman so I think it's a good one to do if your DD was concerned about the sheer size of them. They also remove the barb from their rays. I believe they begin with an intro to them before she'll be able to "swim" with them. If I'd known it would've been set up that way I probably would've opted for it rather than Stingray City. Although, being among those big gals (big ones are female you know) is quite exhilirating. I'm still trying to convince my MIL to do parasailing with me at CC but I don't think I'm going to be successful. I might book cabana massages for us on the island instead.

30 days..... :yay: :dance3: :woohoo:

I think it's final - We'll be at Boardwalk Villas for our pre-cruise stay. :banana: If anyone cares to locate me - I'm sure you can easily find me sipping on a rollercoaster at the pool bar. :cool2: Yes, I will be doing the pool slide if it has re-opened by then. :laughing:

So whats the zoo like at Nassau, how much, how far, etc..
I am so obsessed with this trip I think when it comes to the last two weeks I will need a valium to survivepirate:

I would love to be able to instant chat with some of you guys can we do that on this forum?

I would love to be able to instant chat with some of you guys can we do that on this forum?

I don't think they do. I know they hold cruise chats - which is live chat - Saturday nights maybe? :confused3 I can't remember. :crazy:

I've not been Nassau so I'm absolutely no help there. :laughing:

DH and I are sailing on the Wonder again. :cool1: We will be child free for this cruise. We are sailing for our 5th anniversary :love: . Have Palos booked for our anniversary! :yay: DH booked a Cabana massage for me! :banana:
This is our 4th voyage on the Wonder. Counting down the days!

Have you done the cabana massage before? I just have a hard time paying that much, is it really worth it?

Have you done the cabana massage before? I just have a hard time paying that much, is it really worth it?

No, I've always wanted to do it. It is a post-baby gift from DH.
I've heard that they are very relaxing.....sounds wonderful to me.

Tammyct - Is the cabana massage worth it? I'd say yes. It's at Serenity Bay and having a massage with the breeze blowing over you and the smell of the sea is so relaxing to me. Just be aware that you must sometimes remind the therapist to shut the windows so you aren't giving people a peep show. :eek: :rotfl: I'm trying to convince MIL to do it but after DH & I gave a peep show inadvertently last October she's a little hesitant. :rolleyes:

I think the Buddy List makes it easier to PM people and you can see when those people are online. Does that make sense?

MEBs_Tinkerbell - Hey! We'll be kid-free this trip too - but it's my MIL that is joining me instead of DH. Happy Anniversary BTW. They are so nice to those celebrating. May I suggest the romance package? Totally worth it for us. When I get home this evening I'll post some pictures. I can't do it from here unfortunately.

I will be on the Wonder one week after you guys. I have had no nibbles on my Cruise meet thread but want to wish you all a great cruise! I hope it gets here very fast for you!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter