Feasable to make a day trip to DLP from London by train?

msim

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Have an extra day and would like to surprise daughter with a trip to DLParis! Can this be done or is it way too far and tiresome? Not sure about train schedules. This would probably be on a Wednesday. Thanks in Advance!

There is only 1 direct train/ day from London to DLRP, which arrives at DLRP around 1.30pm and departs around 6.30pm, I'm sure I've read somewhere that these times are changing, possibly with the change of the Eurostar from Waterloo to St. Pancras which I believe is happening in about 5 weeks time.
You will have more options if you travel indirectly by train - Paris Nord and then arrange transport from there to DLRP. RER, Taxi, someone else on here will be able to advise on your best options, it's not something I've done.
This is an example for Wednesday 9th January, 2008, 2 adults and 2 children.
Outward journey
St Pancras Intern to Paris Nord Depart: Wed 9th Jan 2008 - 06:55
Arrive: Wed 9th Jan 2008 - 10:17
Duration: 02h22m Direct Standard
Non flexible £109.00
Return journey
Paris Nord to St Pancras Intern Depart: Wed 9th Jan 2008 - 21:13
Arrive: Wed 9th Jan 2008 - 22:34
Duration: 02h21m Direct Standard
Non flexible £109.00
Total Fare £218.00

Breakdown of fare
St Pancras Intern to Paris Nord Standard
Non flexible 2 x Adult (@ £29.50)
2 x Child (@ £25.00)

Paris Nord to St Pancras Intern Standard
Non flexible 2 x Adult (@ £29.50)
2 x Child (@ £25.00)

These fares are for the earliest/latest and cheapest seats/departures, there are other variations to choose from.
Hope this helps, yes it will be tiring, but it is doable :goodvibes

If you were going after the move to St Pancras and took the direct train, then you would arrive at DLP at 12.30pm and leave 7.37pm, giving you nearly 7 hours in the park. This would obviously save you a lot of hassle and wasted time changing trains.

I am not sure how cheaply you could get tickets though, but travelling on a weekday is sure to make a difference.

I've done a day trip by plane. We arrived at DLP about 11.30 am and left again about 8 pm. The direct train would give you slightly less time than we had, but it would still be enough to appreciate the park :goodvibes

Going on a Wednesday is a good move to avoid some of the crowds, which are always bad at weekends. What time of year is your trip?

Becky,

I just saw your post about flying into Paris for the day and was wondering if you could share a little information.

We are set to go in November but just found out that the eurostar is booked for the day we want to leave. I was looking into other ways to get there but have not been very lucky.

I was wondering. What airport did you fly out of, and how did you get to Disney land once you got there.

Thank you for any information you can share.

Liz

Liz, we flew from Liverpool and used the TGV to travel between the airport and DLP. We had quite a wait for the train after we landed, and would have got to DLP about the same time if we had used the VEA shuttle bus! We managed to have quite a lot of time at DLP in the evening, but did cut things rather fine at the airport :blush: - but it was either that or leave about two hours earlier!

If you want anymore info just PM me, but there isn't really much more to tell! :)

Becky,

Thank you so very much for your prompt response.

The information you have provided has been greatly helpful and appreciated. It looks like we would be flying into Charles de Gaulle.

Thank you again for your help.

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter