Fear the Walking Dead - anyone?

I think a zombie bite is like a komodo dragon bite. Teeming with bacteria that causes a rapid death due to infection. The reanimation ma6 be a separate symptom.

A question I have about TWD/FtWD zombie mythos...I assume zombies are continually, albeit slowly, decomposing. That's why some look like walking carcasses and the freshly turned look, well...like meth heads. So how long does it take a turned zombie to decay COMPLETELY? Do they NEED to feed to stay "alive"? Couldn't the survivors just wait it out until all the turned zombie decomposed into nothing and then go about with their lives (being sure to finish any newly dead companions off with a head shot)?

I think the big problem there is by the time they wrap their heads around what is really happening there are just too many Walkers to just hide. Also there would be fresh Walkers daily as people died or were bit. So by the time the January walkers decompose the March walkers are fresh and so on and so on

Loved Epidsode 2. When they talked about going "to the desert", do you think they have their own place there? Is that a thing in LA? How else would he catch up to them like he was suggesting? Without phones you'll never randomly find someone despite what TWD did with Rick and Shane/Lori/Karl. With the riots there will be a lot of cover for the walkers to find victims and increase their numbers - the city will be quickly overwhelmed but how to get out with the freeways completely clogged?
My DH wondered about the desert too. Do they have a place, just go out into the sand or what? And how would they meet? Unless they DID have a place of course.

I was really mad when Travis pointed out the bite, and said, "Is that how it starts?" but didn't ask Matt who bit him. It's weird because people don't go around biting people, so why wouldn't you ask how someone got bit or by what? That was the most unrealistic part to me. Because Matt was laying there, sending Alicia away like he knew he was going to die, but he didn't tell them what happened to him. He knew valuable information he could've shared!!!
It looked like there was a struggle in the house, so I assume he got attacked by someone/something and that's how he got bit. Almost want to entertain the idea it may have been his parents and that's why he doesn't say anything. How could you explain something like that?

They always die after they get bitten. They get the bite, then fever, then die and turn-no matter the severity of the bite. I'm assuming that's why the bf never explained his bite. He was already in pretty rough shape and kinda out of it!

We did like the second episode a lot better. The one thing that really bugged me though was that they wouldn't tell the daughter anything. It isn't like she is 5. Tell her why she has to get away from the boyfriend and why she shouldn't go outside (they maybe should wouldn't keep trying it).

We really liked Tobias too. I hope that his character sticks around.

well dontcha know when you LIKE someone,, they are gonna die...............

question: there has been discussion about the church..where did everyone go. like did she EAT them.. don't zombies just eat the soft squishy stuff? wouldn't they leave the bones?

& yup, like others, I had my 1st nightmare zombie dream.. my dead mother came back as a zombie & as she was walking up the stairs in my home I grabbed a 2x4 & shoved it at her to knock her down the stairs to smash her head on the floor. :sad2: (wait,,,, they do climb stairs right? just not run....??)

question: there has been discussion about the church..where did everyone go. like did she EAT them.. don't zombies just eat the soft squishy stuff? wouldn't they leave the bones?

& yup, like others, I had my 1st nightmare zombie dream.. my dead mother came back as a zombie & as she was walking up the stairs in my home I grabbed a 2x4 & shoved it at her to knock her down the stairs to smash her head on the floor. :sad2: (wait,,,, they do climb stairs right? just not run....??)

I could not take my predawn run Monday morning. I kept thinking they were out their waiting for new flesh. Thankfully all was clear today, no zombies.
I might have to DVR and watch during the daylight.:crazy:

It's driving me crazy because I can't find the interview but Kirkman says there are no plans to ever reveal a "patient zero", or exactly how all of this started. I'll keep looking in case anyone is interested (read: I'll keep looking because I won't be able to sleep until I find the darn article...LOL!).

I see Tobias as someone who will pop back up and unexpectedly save them from a no way out cliffhanger.

Really? Hmmm.... I could almost see him reappearing later, but as a bad guy. He could be the crazy type... he is a doomsday prepper, after all.

ok started watching 2nd episode again... they MUST have a place in the desert. when they are in the truck ( 5 minutes in) he says we need to get somewhere safe away from people. she says very casually "the desert". like its a statement... he replies yea, get whosits & whatsits yea we will be safe..

i also agree,, many people just think these are very sick junkies OR that this new virus is making them do this. we all hear news reports of someone who are so hopped up on some drug it takes about 10 cops to detain them.... I think this will take a bit before really SEE it is zombie people, since they still look *fresh*.

as to my 2 cents on where the virus came from?
1) terrorists did something to transform an old virus into a really potent killer , spread by contrails........... or just person 2 person, (kinda like on the last ship program)
2) or like in that movie that all started with the infected pig dinner from a bat over in asia...
3) ooo, bird flu mutate.
4) we have seen any bad end of the world sickness

also agree......... there are many different reactions to the infection. die right away= zombie. get sick=recover=be a carrier. be a carrier.
turn into zombie by dying from virus or any other death or being bit by zombie
is that general consensus?

tobias & the school.
it did not seem like tobias lived that close to the school.
so he WALKED there to get food & then intended to push a cart full of food back to his house??
I know it was *free* )if he didn't get caught) but ya would have thought his parents had left him a credit card to buy food. since the panic hadn't started yet & he said he would be fine at home... doesn't make sense

as to my 2 cents on where the virus came from?
1) terrorists did something to transform an old virus into a really potent killer , spread by contrails........... or just person 2 person, (kinda like on the last ship program)
2) or like in that movie that all started with the infected pig dinner from a bat over in asia...
3) ooo, bird flu mutate.
4) we have seen any bad end of the world sickness

also agree......... there are many different reactions to the infection. die right away= zombie. get sick=recover=be a carrier. be a carrier.
turn into zombie by dying from virus or any other death or being bit by zombie
is that general consensus?

They mentioned flu shots 3 times I think in the first episode so I took that as a subtle hint to what started the virus.

I had to laugh, same thing here. My DSO woke me up the other night telling me I was screaming RUN RUN RUN !

I see Tobias as someone who will pop back up and unexpectedly save them from a no way out cliffhanger.

I so hope. I ust like this character for some reason. Maybe because he does remind me of how Glenn started out, but with acne.

It's driving me crazy because I can't find the interview but Kirkman says there are no plans to ever reveal a "patient zero", or exactly how all of this started. I'll keep looking in case anyone is interested (read: I'll keep looking because I won't be able to sleep until I find the darn article...LOL!).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05...g-deads-different-look-characters-and-zombies

tobias & the school.
so he WALKED there to get food & then intended to push a cart full of food back to his house??
I know it was *free* )if he didn't get caught) but ya would have thought his parents had left him a credit card to buy food. since the panic hadn't started yet & he said he would be fine at home... doesn't make sense

Tobias doesn't have parents. He said something about staying with an uncle after Madison offered to let him stay with her. So pretty sure he doesn't have access to a credit card lol.

Tobias doesn't have parents. He said something about staying with an uncle after Madison offered to let him stay with her. So pretty sure he doesn't have access to a credit card lol.

Ok now I have to go back & watch a third time:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Yeah, I heard him say he was staying with someone also. I still wish she would have made him come with her. I also thought it was a bit dumb that they didn't take all the food and load up her car.
We also asked about the desert, and assumed they must have some place they go together that they all know, because desert by itself is pretty big and pretty vague LOL.

Ok, watched it again last night. I swear when Alicia is looking out the window talking about 'it's my party and I'll cry if I want to' or something like that, I kept hearing screams. My DH says it was probably kids across the street, but the mom had already said that they'd had a lot of cancellations for the birthday part. Plus, when Alicia leaves the house a minute later, there's no kids playing in the bouncy house. I wonder if it's Matt's (the boyfriend) parents as it's pretty clear that they came home from Vegas and he attacked them. I know they live a good distance away, but it would kind of emphasize to us, as the viewers, that if she tries to go help him, he'll definitely kill her.

They mentioned flu shots 3 times I think in the first episode so I took that as a subtle hint to what started the virus.

Yep - definitely think you are right. Robert Kirkman says he will never explain what started it but I think this is as good a hint as we'll get.

tobias & the school.
I think he lives at home with his mom, who is gone somewhere. In the beginning, "our" mom asks him if his mom is back yet and he says no. Last episode, she asks if mom is back, he says no but an uncle has been around, so he's ok. I think he's got a bad home life. Single mom who flakes (drugs or whatever) and "uncles" real or not who are around occasionally and he's on his own quite a bit. Would explain why the two of them have such a close relationship. She is the guidance counselor after all and gave him the .70 cents in the first episode to save his butt.

I could almost see him reappearing later, but as a bad guy. He could be the crazy type... he is a doomsday prepper, after all.
Seriously? he sees trouble coming (I see him as no home life, no life so he's on the internet all the time and sees/reads stories about what's happening) so he tries to prepare. Gets a knife (lame one, but still, he tried) and tries to get food as he knows what's going to happen when the power goes out etc...That makes him crazy and a potential bad guy?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter